Tiger & Bunny movie screening at London's BFI in September

chaos

The Boss
The film <i>"Tiger and Bunny: The Beginning"</i> will be screened on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM on London's BFI.

On an alternative Earth, superheroes are celebrities and a high-rating TV show ranks their achievements, awarding them points until an annual King of Heroes is crowned. Old-school hero Wild Tiger is assigned a new partner with very different views on the heroes' role in society, but soon a vigilante criminal presents them with a serious problem. Based on the succesful Japanese TV anime, and presented on the same weekend as its Japanese release, we are thrilled to present the first film in the anticipated Tiger and Bunny series.

Screening in association with Scotland Loves Anime

Tickets are &pound;10 adult; &pound;6.75 concessions and &pound;5.25 for U16.
<A href="https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/default.asp?doWork%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle=Load&BOparam%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle%3A%3Aarticle_id=72A4EE6D-25C8-4943-83E3-994F17069717&BOparam%3A%3AWScontent%3A%3AloadArticle%3A%3Acontext_id=6D183142-DB6E-4C80-BACA-5823B6E012F0">Buy tickets here</a>

From Manga's Twitter feed.

FourthLion said:
Not sure if I wanna go to this. Is it better to see the series first? Will this ruin the series for me?

No - it's set exactly at the beginning - basically from Halfway through Ep 1 to halfway through EP 3 with a new thread.

It looks very good - completely new op sequence too :).

Edinburgh tickets will go online soon too - actually screening the day before the London one ;).

Andrew

My older brother and his fiancé haven't seen the series and are checking it out for the first time (in fact, I think the last anime he watched were the early episodes of Soul Eater). In fact, in my brother's own words, he's a "T&B virgin".

kaze_andrew said:
FourthLion said:
Not sure if I wanna go to this. Is it better to see the series first? Will this ruin the series for me?

No - it's set exactly at the beginning - basically from Halfway through Ep 1 to halfway through EP 3 with a new thread.

It looks very good - completely new op sequence too :).

Edinburgh tickets will go online soon too - actually screening the day before the London one ;).

Andrew
So they're not trying to condense all 25 episodes into one 88 minute movie? Thank goodness xD. So does that mean this movie and the series would be essential watching before the next film (when it does come out)?

Joshawott said:
So they're not trying to condense all 25 episodes into one 88 minute movie? Thank goodness xD. So does that mean this movie and the series would be essential watching before the next film (when it does come out)?

I believe just the TV series is the pre-req for the second film - the first movie is a pretty cool creative challenge fitting in a story inside an already finished timeline :).

Andrew

Finally got my ticket sorted out! I'd planned to buy it from afar while on holiday but I managed to kill my phone in a heavy rainstorm and then the website was acting up once I was home. Really looking forward to the movie, even though one of my friends who had been tempted to come along ducked out in the end. I'd been hoping he'd get into the series after seeing it, bah >_>

I'm thrilled that this is coming over so quickly. Thanks, Scotland Loves Anime!

R

ilmaestro said:
Morning of Day 3?

/random guesses

Hehe, no, I was safely in a train to Chiba during that downpour (I skipped day 3 and friends picked some stuff up for me). The phone incident happened during the torrential rain in Nanba the week after ;_;

Did you get damp too in the queue?

R

Ahh, didn't realize you'd also headed out West, that was definitely cheating!

Starting streaming down while I was queuing for Aniplex's corporate booth, but tbh it was welcomed as that was easily the hottest day of the 3 when it wasn't raining aggressively.

Re: Tiger & Bunny movie screening at London's BFI in Septemb

I enjoyed the first episode of Tiger & Bunny and I've been waiting for it to be dubbed in English. I'm assuming this will be English and not subtitles right?

I don't know the answer to your question, but seeing as it's just you and me (*echo* you and me, you and me, you and me *echo*) online at this ungodly hour, I'll take the opportunity to say: hi welcome to forum.

EDIT: it appears he logged off while I was typing my message....dang it.

NitroEx said:
I enjoyed the first episode of Tiger & Bunny and I've been waiting for it to be dubbed in English. I'm assuming this will be English and not subtitles right?

The showings are going to be subtitled; it's taken Viz a while to dub the series into English (and they're still not finished with the release) while this film isn't even out in Japan yet.

R

Rui said:
NitroEx said:

The showings are going to be subtitled; it's taken Viz a while to dub the series into English (and they're still not finished with the release) while this film isn't even out in Japan yet.

R

Just to confirm - it's definitely JP Language with English subtitles - as it's a simultaneous theatrical there is no time to make an English dub for it and premiere it as it comes out in Japan, sorry!

Andrew

Back