To watch or not to watch ??

xx[chii]xx

Kiznaiver
Im unsure whether i should watch naruto :l .

On my other forum ( of about 5 millon people) i was always put off watching it by stupid no0bs who love naruto not posting in the right places and spamming about naruto and generally being close minded about everything else but......naruto.

Also ive heard that it has a hell of alot of fillers (keeping in mind fillers can be the rise or demise of an anime) so i dont know if i should watch it or not. I love martial arts anime but also look for a anime with a strong romance theme (not just potential romance like in inuyasha for example where it seems to be sort of taboo 0_o).

But every so often i stumble across a really good and interesting amv on youtube or other like site using naruto clips.
so is this anime really that amazing ?? Its massive fan base seems to think so :l

your thoughts please.......

Well I started to watch it on DVD, its not all that bad, its like DBZ but without all the moaning and grunting.

I'd say give it a try.

It is actually a very good show.

You only need to watch up to episode 135, and the next 80+ episodes are fillers which definitely aren't worth you're time off day, most of them being one off episodes about a nose hairsor something ridiculous.

The vast amount of characters are all shown considerable well; some of them being stereotypical and others being totally original. most of the characters come from dark backgrounds and the show does have a dark side as well to its very childlike side.

The animation varies thoughout the series; you can pick up on some really beautiful shots occasionally.

The fight scenes do drag out with quite a bit of explanation and sometimes a lot of flashbacks; but are still worth it completely and keep you on the edge of you're chair. Especially the battles towards the end of the first part.

Overall, stick it out, the second season being the part that makes all the difference with the main antagonists being introduced to a bigger extent. By saying that the first season is by absolutely no means bad; in actual fact probably has the most blood spilled throughout the series so far in it.

I would say, dont become a Narutard, but you seem to be someone who can control the obsessions and not do a

"OMG!!! I F*CKIN' LUVVVV SaSuke.XXXXXx"

Certainly a series' you really shouldn't want to miss. xD.

Have Fun with it.

Zen 2nd said:
...its not all that bad, its like DBZ but without all the moaning and grunting.

Or the fights that consist of half a series of powering up, then one punch, then another half a series of powering up. :twisted:

Naruto isn't actually 'that' bad, ok there's a lot of exposition at times and the voices 'can' get on your nerves now and then, but on the whole I think its worth watching.

Naruto is really great and all the bad press it's been getting comes from lots of bitter fans who had to sit through week upon week of fillers till they began to hate it.

But seriously if you just ignore all of the fillers it's really good. It can be slow at times but though I wouldn't call it 'amazing' it is really popular for a reason

Naruto all depends on the person watching it. I think naruto is a great anime until all the fillers come into the scene then you just think its just rubbish but yes you should try it.

It has it's good points but for every three or four episodes there's roughly an episode of it repeating itself.

Jayme said:
I would say, dont become a Narutard, but you seem to be someone who can control the obsessions and not do a

"OMG!!! I F*CKIN' LUVVVV SaSuke.XXXXXx"

OMFFGGG I LOVE EDWARD ELRICCCCC XDDDDDD !!

.......... indeed :p

xx[chii]xx said:
I love martial arts anime but also look for a anime with a strong romance theme (not just potential romance like in inuyasha for example where it seems to be sort of taboo 0_o).
There's no real strong romance theme. At the end of the day it's a show aimed at younger guys and strong romance would be somewhat out of place.

My thoughts on it in general? It's not a bad show. Not amazing, but fine for sitting down and having a laugh to without having to put any thought in. If you like the sillier side of martial arts the ninja fights should be pretty entertaining for you.

Don't worry about some of the more vocal, hyperactive fans. They're rarely worth giving much attention to.

Ive seen the first 13 episodes and it didnt hook me at all, so I move onto One Piece which did :D, of the 'big' 4 (DBZ, Bleach, One Piece and Naruto) I'd say Naruto was the lesser of the shows, I will be starting on Naruto again once Ive caught up on One Piece, just because I need my hit of Shounen :D.

The fights are too long for my liking, but it's a good show for when you want something brainless (though there are quite a few (hit and miss, in my opinion) emotional bit).

i got up to about episode 18 with it and haven't seen any since. I thought it was ok, but i think i need to see a bit more at some point. Still, i would at least say give Naruto a go and see whether or not its too your liking, but to be honest, off the couple of shounen jump series i have seen..One piece is far far more superior, it got me hooked from the first couple of episodes and i've been catching up to where the series is now since then.

Wouldn't bother with the original. Barely made it through the first DVD and didn't finish the second. Found it to be quite annoying. Hurricane chronicals are tolerable, but kinda lack some punch cause I don't know the characters.

Id say with how Naruto Shippuden is now, don't bother, because basically you'll end up sitting through some great stuff in the original series, and some awful filler, only to get to Shippuden which is hilariously dissapointing, its slow, badly animated, and just plain boring to watch really.

Well I'm pretty sure I am not a noob and have been watching Naruto for about 3 years after a friend showed me the first few eps. I loved the potential growth of the characters and the series, starting with them so young allows them more room to grow than if the characters where adults.

I also enjoy the idea of Naruto being a loner at the start with no one talking to him or trusting him because of whats sealed inside him which allows the story of his acceptance to grow too as a nice side line.

In my opinion watch the first few eps if you like what you see keep going, if not then try another series. But its best to try it for yourself rather than letting others guide you.

I watched the first season in Dub, it was horrible in my opinion. And I try watching it in sub, still horrible without the dodgy Dub.

Even though it got great Art Design, its still mediocre in my opinion. The characters aren't worth my time to dwell into, Naruto is just plain annoying, Sasuke thinks he is very cool and the rest, boring. That is my opinion, though and I'm a avid Bleach fan, so give me Sumarai people with spiritual power

Chrono Demon said:
...Naruto is just plain annoying...
Heh, that's a fairly common criticism of shounen protagonists. I'm not entirely sure why, but I figure it might have something to do with the fact they always act stupidly (c'mon, they're all dumb as a post) but never seem to suffer negative consequences from their actions. Probably because they have FIGHTING SPIRITO or something... >.>

Which would explain why Shiina* is my favourite example of the typical shounen character archetype, because she actually gets the consequences.

*Of Narutaru, for those who don't know. Somewhat counterintuitive, I admit ^^;

Chrono Demon said:
Naruto is just plain annoying, Sasuke thinks he is very cool

Naruto is probably the least favourite character though out the series as a whole though.

Oh and Sasuke does think he is cool; and as people say, he is blatantly an emo. Besides that, he does a runner from the series. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought i wouldn't enjoy this show because of its too much popularity and got very curious what makes it that popular and i did like it except for the filler. Like people who posted here, it's not that bad nor amazing... ^_^

Back