Tokyopop plan to reprint Clover and Sailor Moon manga

Gawyn

Magical Girl
Announced as part of the Anime Next Convention Tokyopop stated they have "long term plans" to reprint the manga titles Clover and Sailor Moon.

They also plan to roll-out a digital distribution service and a print-on-demand service.

Source: Anime News Network

With luck they might release it properly this time. The most disappointing element of the Sailor Moon manga are the names, as it's exactly the same as the English language dub and it riles me every time I read them. It would be nice for Usagi and Mamoru to have their proper names and not Serena and Darien!
If TP could do that, I may just buy them all over again (I completed my Sailor Moon manga as it was being released!!).

Miaka-chan said:
With luck they might release it properly this time. The most disappointing element of the Sailor Moon manga are the names, as it's exactly the same as the English language dub and it riles me every time I read them. It would be nice for Usagi and Mamoru to have their proper names and not Serena and Darien!
If TP could do that, I may just buy them all over again (I completed my Sailor Moon manga as it was being released!!).
Ditto on that :). If they release as it was originally released, left-to-right and with the original names I would definitely buy it again (or even with just the original names).

Wonder if they'll redo the funky covers that Tokyopop did for Clover in the old version. (it was a double layered cover where the top layer was see-through - it was quite a special looking thing. Can't comment on the manga itself though as I've never read it)

I'd like them to re-release Parasyte as well (see my avatar). It went out of print just before they went big and so a lot of people missed it. This was back in the days when they were called Mixx... :shock: It's one of my favorite's and I reckon is well worth investigating:

http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?prop ... rycode=BMG

If they get it so that they use the "Pritty Guardian" version of sailor moon, I'd say that's a good £70 going towords my local Forbidden Planet right there.

Back