TOP 10 BEST ANIME MOVIES AND SERIES EVER!

brianking

Hikikomori
Hello!! I found a new TOP 10 list on the internet with videos of the "10 best anime movies and series OF ALL THE TIME" and i wanted to share with you! The best thing it that we can watch each one of them. I´m totally crazy about anime and i thought it amazing BUT i don´t agree with the first position. Check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.weshow.com/top10/en/animatio ... f-all-time

Hmm, an interesting list. Nothing by Kon or Shinkai on there but it's a pleasant surprise to see Mushishi sitting alongside the long-standing faves from Miyazaki and Gundam.

I love lists!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see Evangelion at number 1. Too often, Evangelion doesn't get the recognition it deserves simply because it's popular - or, at least, it seems that way sometimes. Nausicaa is fantastic, but I don't think it deserves the #2 spot, especially not above (my favourite Miyazaki film) Castle of Cagliostro. Nice to see FMA there, too :]

I don't think it's a good idea to mix series and movies in the same ranking, though, considering both formats are almost entirely incomparable.

Lupus Inu said:
You know this list is ******** when you see number one. But Nausicaä being #2? HELL YEAH.
I thought this list was ******** when the GitS movie was in it all. NGE was just the icing on the cake. FMA in the top 10? Lolz.

Even having Nausicaa won't save this list.

CitizenGeek said:
FMA is well deserving on a place on that list, but we agree on the GitS movie; that really didn't do it for me :/

I love the FMA movie....I think the end of the movie and anime was rushed and I still have go back so then I get bits of it,

It's an interesting list, in no way reputable, but not bad. Don't agree with GitS, don't think Eva should be -that- high and would have like to have seen some Makoto Shinkai on there at least once.

CitizenGeek said:
chaos said:
too much ghibli stuff in there, don't you think?
Not really; Studio Ghibli is an enormously influential and prolific studio. It's not really surprising they've got 4 entries on that list.
3 ghibli, 2 GITS and half the list is gone... if you consider cagliostro a ghibli, than it's more than half of it...

I prefer this list:
1 Rurouni Kenshin - Reminiscence (1999)
2 Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)
3 Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (2003)
4 Full Moon wo Sagashite (2002)
5 Elfen Lied (2004)
6 Cowboy Bebop (1998)
7 Hikaru no Go (2001)
8 Berserk (1997)
9 One Piece (1999)
10 Gundam SEED (2002)

I'm suprised to see all the hate/dislike for the GitS movie. I personally think it's an amazing peice of cinema. I enjoyed the 1st gig of the series but it can't be compared to the original movie surely.

Happy that FMA is on the list, thrilled NGE is on there :)
Suprised no Bebop, usually makes top 10 western lists, suprised it didn't rate higher in it's country of origin.

Eww, I hated the FMA movie... the only part which entertained me was the Wrath Vs Gluttony fight, which was extremely short. The ending didn't really appeal to me, either. To each is heir own I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GitS movie is good but suffers from Oshii syndrome; some very simple concepts are turned into overly-wordy monologues that just keep going on and on and on for what seems like years. He's very stylish with how things are on-screen, but every time Oshii starts doing scenes where people discuss the nature of existence that man needs a rap on the knuckles with a ruler...oh, and his "Dramatic Silences", once or twice during Avalon I did feel like standing up and screaming "YES, WE GET IT, SHE'S LONELY, MOVE ON!"

On the other hand I am depressed to see an anime top ten with NO Satoshi Kon....where's my Perfect Blue, and my Millenium Actress, and Paprika. Seriously, Satoshi Kon has not made anything bad.....ever.

I thought the GitS movie was ok, partly due probably to being around when it was new and hyped so it has some nostalgia attached; I thought the TV series was merely average. I appreciate that my taste is a little quirky though.

I also liked the music from the movie better than the series, even though saying that about Kanno tends to make her fans burst into flames :(

R

Back