Trinity Blood, hang on is that Vash?

Stuart

School Idol
I'm not gonna go into too much detail, watched this earlier and must say: I like.

It is wholly derivative, Abel Nightroad is Vash with a slighty girlier hair do and the set up is pure Hellsing. On the other hand it looks gorgeous, the action set pieces are quality and there's a neat if obvious twist at the end that's makes for a definite 'whoa' moment.
It also doesn't shy away from the splatter which has become a bit of trend in Gonzo shows of late (see Speed Grapher).

If you like, Trigun, Hellsing, Chrono Crusade et al you'll like this.

Anyone else agree or am I just a stickler for shows concerning the Occult :?:

I saw the first ep last week. Its pretty good, I liked it at any rate. And yes, Abel is a dead cert for Vash. Just without the pacifism, thankfully.

Rurouni H said:
I saw the first ep last week. Its pretty good, I liked it at any rate. And yes, Abel is a dead cert for Vash. Just without the pacifism, thankfully.

Aw, but the pacifist streak is one of the things that gave Vash his commedy.

Well, that and his penchant for doing completely stupid things that were still somehow part of a larger plan. :mrgreen:

When he slips on the blood and sneakily shoots the vampire- definite Vash-ism

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the process of getting the second episode now. I really liked Trigun and I hope it has some aspects of the series but is unique aswell.

The second episode is a bit of a departure, the show really strikes out and shows some induviduality. Looks promising.

I watched the first two, it seems to be like a mix of Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust and Hellsing but it does look quite promising, the animations really nice, typical Gonzo really

Back