Trying to look of One piece

they've not been released yet.

some dvds of the original english dub were released in the US, but their edited as seen on tv, and given it was 4Kids that dubbed and edited it... it's bad.

Funimation are going to release the series in thirteen episode batches, Its still unstated whether they are going to be starting at episode 1 or episode 144, I would put my bets on the latter. VIZ seem tight to keep a hold of the episodes prior to that because they are very much crap with things other than the holy grail that is Naruto and its shadow Bleach.

So.. The only way to genuinely watch One Piece is to wait for these, or watch the fansubs. I doubt we'll see the Funimation dub on TV over here, Our Cartoon Network seems to dislike anything like anime and sticks it on other channels that really are kinda ******, The chances I would imagine is for it to go over to Jetix. Still slim though. Toonami had the 4Kids dub back in the day, I doubt CNTwo or anything would start airing it again. I don't think it was getting the ratings it needed.

Also, Interesting fact. FUNimation's One Piece is getting much much higher ratings in the states than the 4Kids version ever did.

I didn't know Cartoon Network had something against One piece. I thought peope just didn't watch it because it was an Anime on a kids show.

CitizenGeek said:
Jayme said:
Also, Interesting fact. FUNimation's One Piece is getting much much higher ratings in the states than the 4Kids version ever did.

Really? That's great news! Where did you find this info, though?
I originally read about it on one of my long One Piece searches looking at everything and anything to do with the franchise. Its not uncommon for me to do them, I'm seriously a One Piece-Addict, and I'm not ashamed. Haha. Anyhow, This isn't the original website I read It on I don't think but Here. On the last full paragraph of that article it says so. Its quite a triumph for all fans out there. If I'm not mistaken one of the reasons (Apart from fansub watchers, watching it) is probably that it airs in between the two most mainstream and massively popular anime shows, Naruto and DragonBall Z. Its splendid if I don't say so myself.

Don't quote me on it, but I think I read that FUNimation confirmed they would begin releasing their thirteen episode batches from 144 onwards, given that they would be incapable of dubbing from episode 1 until 2009. It doesn't look likely that they'd delay their releases until that time. I'm not sure, though, and I haven't been keeping as alert on the matter as I'd like.

Back