UK anime 2005 in Review

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
True to form, Anime UK News has produced a mammouth UK anime year in review article for your reading pleasure and aside from our regular contributors, we are proud to say that we have managed to secure a few paragraphs from the people that matter in the UK anime industry with insightful comments from ADV, Beez, Manga Ent., MVM and NEO.

Such is the daunting word count of our yearly review, we have decided to split it up into two seperate instalments, today you can enjoy our favourite (and indeed, worst) DVD releases of 2005 while tomorrow's meaty supplement will conclude with said industry comments. Enjoy the article and happy new year! [2005 in review]

Puni Puni Poemy and Trigun are both great. ^-^

Last Exile had a well... less than enthralling ending than I would have hoped.

I hope everyone will enjoy reading this article :)

Also, feel free to post up your own long or short reviews of the year :)

Your favourite 'sleeper' UK releases of 2005
(Anime that you felt were underrated in 2005)
Texhnolyze

Your biggest 'stinker' UK releases of 2005
Transformers: Headmasters

Your favourite DVD releases of 2005
Cowboy Bebop

If you want remember what was released this year, just take a look at the below URL I coded... 212 anime DVDs were released in 2005! :D
http://www.animeuknews.net/temp/awards_2005.php

Just out of curiousity is there a list of this years releases anywere? It's just the hieghtend sense of economy since i'm now a working stiff, and the fact that i'm collecting from 3 continents (joys of having many nationalities) means that i'm not quite sure whats here and now and what was then and there.

If it's UK releases you want, then anything with a reasonably definite date will be on the release schedule; there are some other titles in older news articles like this. For US stuff, check ANN or Anime on DVD; they both have lists of upcoming R1 releases.

Back