UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

MVM's DOTW is Amagami SS and Amagami SS+ for £9.99 each.

Amagami SS (BD) - £9.99
Amagami SS+ (BD) - £9.99
Amagami SS+ (DVD) - £2.99

I’m quite grateful for this: I’ve needed SS+ on Blu for a while now, but this is the first time it’s been ‘cheap’, and I’ve never wanted to pay the full price.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying it’s a bad series. It does exactly what it sets out to do pretty effectively (and maintains consistency / synchronisation between the alternative stories). But I do prefer series with a longer and more epic interwoven plot.

I’m quite grateful for this: I’ve needed SS+ on Blu for a while now, but this is the first time it’s been ‘cheap’, and I’ve never wanted to pay the full price.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m not saying it’s a bad series. It does exactly what it sets out to do pretty effectively (and maintains consistency / synchronisation between the alternative stories). But I do prefer series with a longer and more epic interwoven plot.
If you import from the US, Sentai has Amagami SS/SS+ Complete Collection on clearance for $4, amongst some other stuff that is dirt cheap.

Sentai doesn't support international shipping. It would end up costing more to get it over here compared to MVM's offer.
Does that include consolidation from a forwarder? My general experience with JP forwarders is that if you're already forwarding something, any additional package on top really doesn't increase your shipping cost significantly. I'm not sure if that's the same with something like stackry however.

Not anime related, but I recommend these blankets for the winter. It is currently discounted by 35% to £22.89 for a 183 x 150 cm wool blanket. Seeing as they are recycled wool the colours and design will be completely random in appearance, so it is a bit of a surprise for what design you will get.
I picked up an Oodie for £35 in their Black Friday sale, which should see me through the winter OK. They do have a Pokemon one for £40 (and a lot of other cartoon character ones for similar prices). I also got an oversized T-shirt to make my free shipping, which is huge even on me.

Back