UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

I'm just trying to work out how Vinyl is better than CD; from what I've heard it's more expensive, probably more prone to damage, needs a bespoke system while CD's would work on a PS3, on the flip side I hear it apparently has a unique sound to it but I can't imagine buying a record player just for that purpose alone.
So... As a longtime fan of this format, I can say that it's quite a larger topic. Not everything is so obvious and 100% sure, even though some people think so, but...

Vinyl (+):
  • Bigger and prettier covers
  • analog sound, which is usually more dynamic (unless someone spoils it / has a digital source / rips it from a CD - yes, there are such cases)
  • Greater exclusivity, so a greater collector's rarity
  • colors on the records, splatters, never ending tracks - locked groove

Vinyl (-):
  • more expensive
  • you need to wash them often (I mean, after buying a new), because they are electrified and easily catch dust
  • sometimes missing/only a partial booklet of the CD version
  • more difficult to use - several discs, rotating, only for the turntable
  • no extra tracks
  • in extreme cases, "squeezing" a long album onto one carrier at the expense of dynamics at the end of some side of the album
  • reading on forums/shops whether the new pressing is better or worse than the old one, because it's not so sure

So... As a longtime fan of this format, I can say that it's quite a larger topic. Not everything is so obvious and 100% sure, even though some people think so, but...

Vinyl (+):
  • Bigger and prettier covers
  • analog sound, which is usually more dynamic (unless someone spoils it / has a digital source / rips it from a CD - yes, there are such cases)
  • Greater exclusivity, so a greater collector's rarity
  • colors on the records, splatters, never ending tracks - locked groove
Vinyl (-):
  • more expensive
  • you need to wash them often (I mean, after buying a new), because they are electrified and easily catch dust
  • sometimes missing/only a partial booklet of the CD version
  • more difficult to use - several discs, rotating, only for the turntable
  • no extra tracks
  • in extreme cases, "squeezing" a long album onto one carrier at the expense of dynamics at the end of some side of the album
  • reading on forums/shops whether the new pressing is better or worse than the old one, because it's not so sure
Yeah it looks like the cons outweigh the pros here; I think I'll stick with CD's, to be fair I've never tried Vinyl but I don't imagine it's worth the extra expenses and micromanagement.
Btw. Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water or Tower of God Season 1 will be exclusive to Anime Ltd store? Do we know something about this?
As for this; it's the first I've heard of it but if these are both ultimate editions then it's quite possible.

Another issue with vinyl is the fact that sometimes something appears only on this format (as well as only on CD). Vinyls sound better and match older records that were designed for this medium - that's why the quieter track was in the middle, lasted about 40 minutes, etc.

Back to topic with Nadia... Yeah, and no, because some Ultimate editions are available on various stores (like a Gundam Seed). Still, Nadia could be a big thing, and available only on Anime Ltd, and Tower of God only from there also, because it will be limited to 500 or something (like a Blood-C).

My first day order is still unfulfilled. Are they delaying / holding back non-UK orders? I saw that ussjtrunks orders are also not shipping and an earlier screenshot indicated that they are also not a UK customer. Anyone else with the same problem?
Mine was shipped day 1. Fedex International Connect.

My main problem now is that Fedex is showing it went from GB to France, which doesn't make much sense. Probably 0% chance it arrives tomorrow, as "expected".

I'm just trying to work out how Vinyl is better than CD; from what I've heard it's more expensive, probably more prone to damage, needs a bespoke system while CD's would work on a PS3, on the flip side I hear it apparently has a unique sound to it but I can't imagine buying a record player just for that purpose alone.

Well, when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's, vinyl was the thing - There were no CDs back then, until I was out of College. There were 8-track tapes and cassettes, but then it was basically a toss-up between LPs with better dynamic range and presence but with pops and clicks from dust or scratches on the albums, and tapes where you traded off the quality sound for for tape hiss and less presence.

I still have my last turntable I purchased back in 1980, a Technics SL-7 with ortophon cartridge, which is a linear tracking turntable with a clamping lid that enabled it to play albums while mounted vertically on a wall or even upside down. It's claim to fame: A wall-mounted SL-7 was used as a futuristic prop in Decker's apartment in the Original Blade Runner movie. I also still have my first CD player, a Hitachi DA-5000 I bought in 1983, and the very first CD I purchased along with it - Alan Parsons: I Robot.
Not my photos:

Technics SL-7 turntable with optional angled mounting stands
3007835.jpg

Hitachi DA-5000 CD player
hitachi_da_5000_cd_playerjpg.image.500x375.jpg

Mine only got shipped out today, It seems they are finally getting trough the international shipping orders. won't expect them to arrive at least for another week or two.

Mine was shipped day 1. Fedex International Connect.

My main problem now is that Fedex is showing it went from GB to France, which doesn't make much sense. Probably 0% chance it arrives tomorrow, as "expected".
I read online (on a German side) that it is normal as Paris is their main hub for shipments. So I wouldn't worry about that.

My order from day 1 also shipped today. So I could finally place my second and final order for this years christmas sale (very heavy on Gundam + Tokyo Ghoul:re CEs+Box).

I read online (on a German side) that it is normal as Paris is their main hub for shipments. So I wouldn't worry about that.
Yeah, it went from Paris to the US but looks like it'll still be late one day. I'm ok with a day delay, given that it could have been much worse.

I didn't know it was their main hub, past shipments from AtA have always stayed in the UK before going to the US.

Royal Mail finally received my BOGOF order shipped Friday 2nd, and Fedex finally received my mystery boxes shipped yesterday.

I should hopefully get the fedex order tomorrow, and bogof order friday

Back