UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

Thank you, ATA. 🙏
Glad I've discovered them earlier this year. I was astonished by the quality in dubs on the standard edition on Eva. Wonder how it fares with other anime as well.

image.png

This following is on the product description for the collector's edition but not the standard:

THE END OF EVANGELION: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, FULL SONG - MUSUNDE HIRAITE, EPISODE:25’ Love is destructive. (PARTIAL ANIMATIC), MUSIC VIDEOS: ‘Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH, ‘ARMAGEDDON’ / Shiro SAGISU and ‘Memories of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara. Video Format Version of THE END OF EVANGELION.
That may be left out in error. AL's product descriptions are very consistent at being wrong.

The following is on the product description for the collector's edition but not the standard:

THE END OF EVANGELION: Deleted Live Action Scene, Making of Live Action Scene, Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, TV Spots, Final Scene Alternate Take, FULL SONG - MUSUNDE HIRAITE, EPISODE:25’ Love is destructive. (PARTIAL ANIMATIC), MUSIC VIDEOS: ‘Soul’s Refrain’ / Yoko Takahashi, ‘THANATOS – IF I CAN’T BE YOURS’ / LOREN & MASH, ‘ARMAGEDDON’ / Shiro SAGISU and ‘Memories of Heaven’ / Megumi Hayashibara. Video Format Version of THE END OF EVANGELION.
I believe these are all on the standard edition as well. I do remember partial animatics, full songs and teasers/trailers for EoE on the standard edition. See the box art (Blu-Ray.com entry):

299858_back.jpg

In that case, if the ADV dub isn't important to you, then I'd give it a pass. For me however, it was an instant buy because of that, haha.
I thought you were talking about the extras though? In any case I already have the ultimate edition with both dubs. I don't have any attachment to either dub either. I'm more of a subs guy but I do give them a watch occasionally.

I thought you were talking about the extras though? In any case I already have the ultimate edition with both dubs. I don't have any attachment to either dub either. I'm more of a subs guy but I do give them a watch occasionally.
Oh sorry, I meant if the only difference between the standard and the limited edition is the dub (all extras being the same between the sets), then I can see why it wouldn't be worth it if someone has no attachment to the ADV dub.

The extras do appear to be the same. I should have known that ATA descriptions are sometimes not always accurate 😂

Nothing for me in the flash sales. Brought blood c last year, not a fan of the other two series in the middle and thankfully i got the evangelion limited collectors edition when they first released last year on pre order and i managed to snag one on the price glitch last Christmas sale and got it for £25 and thankfully all the anime honoured the price error

Big order and kaiba any good?

I loved Kaiba and consider it one of Masaaki Yuasa's best works, a thoughtful story about memory, identity, humanity, regret and what drives us forward into an uncertain future (it's sub only though just so you know), Big Order is not very well regarded but the same creator as Future Diary and I quite liked the start of that (I haven't finished it cuz some of the violence was a bit much for me), depends on if you like that kind of prob. quite schlocky stuff I guess? :)

Big order and kaiba any good?
I haven’t seen Kaiba so can’t say on that one, though, based on other opinions, as well as Yuasa’s track record, it’s probably well worth watching but I personally do not recommend Big Order, IIRC it starts off ok ish but just gets dull towards the end, really overstaying it’s welcome, the soundtrack was the only thing that was kind of good.

Flash sales seemed pretty impressive with their reductions today. Booo to keeping them during working hours, though I didn't really need any as I previously got the CE for Blood-C and paid more than enough for the CEs for the other three. Would be interested to see what MVM deals they do in comparison to MVM's own sale.

Back