UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

I'm hoping the fact that there's a nice "1" on the spine might mean they are hopeful of getting more seasons. It was an instant pre-order for me as I don't have any Food Wars blu rays.
I think they mentioned they are trying for the rest of the food wars season, but nothing was confirmed (I think they also mentioned if they do get them they might come out a bit faster than some previous series), so will just have to wait and see if they can get the UK licenece (or sub licence's from crunchyroll, although im not sure who it would be from as sentai might be in the mix somewhere with it being the US distributer)

I think they mentioned they are trying for the rest of the food wars season, but nothing was confirmed (I think they also mentioned if they do get them they might come out a bit faster than some previous series), so will just have to wait and see if they can get the UK licenece (or sub licence's from crunchyroll, although im not sure who it would be from as sentai might be in the mix somewhere with it being the US distributer)
I was a bit concerned about whether there was any point in getting this release considering Crunchyroll having Seasons 3+, but since Sentai handled the home video release as a sub-license, I assume the UK branch will very likely not touch it and allow Anime Limited to take a shot if possible (heck they probably have data on their end that suggests Seasons 1 & 2 flopped for Manga).

I'll probably wait with my order until more is known about the mystery boxes. Last year I waited as well and was happy that one of the boxes contained several movies and series I wanted but didn't own yet. The other box contained nothing interesting for me.

Aside from (maybe) buying one or both mystery boxes I'm also going to start collecting the Gundam series. Other than that there isn't much I'm interested in.

I bloody hope not! if they are going to charge £45 for Kids on the Slope & Flowers of Evil (which are only 12 episodes & Re-releases), then Anime Limited are seriously taking the P***!

Tbf Flowers of Evil is first time on Blu-ray in the UK, previously it was just on DVD here. But I do see your point, there will likely be cheaper standard edition releases of these titles on Blu-ray here by AL a bit later on though :)

I bloody hope not! if they are going to charge £45 for Kids on the Slope & Flowers of Evil (which are only 12 episodes & Re-releases), then Anime Limited are seriously taking the P***!
Isn't the UK blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope wildly out of print? Although I agree, £45 is a bit much. Then again, prices have increased for everything because of inflation. I collect manga and prices have increased the last few years for that as well.

Tbf Flowers of Evil is first time on Blu-ray in the UK, previously it was just on DVD here. But I do see your point, there will likely be cheaper standard edition releases of these titles on Blu-ray here by AL a bit later on though.

Just to clarify, I don't believe Anime Limited will charge that price, just stating a what if scenario. :) And your right, I completely forgot Flowers of Evil was DVD only. :oops:

Isn't the UK blu-ray release of Kids on the Slope wildly out of print? Although I agree, £45 is a bit much. Then again, prices have increased for everything because of inflation. I collect manga and prices have increased the last few years as well.

Very true! but if they are charging £45 for 20+ episode series, I don't believe it's fair to be charging the same price for series that have half as many episodes. :)

Hello, I'm new to the forum - I wanted to ask if anyone knows what was included in last year MVM's Anime-On-line Christmas Mystery Bundles? or if they even had them?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays

FWIW… the discs Anime Limited are using for the upcoming Sentai titles will be upgraded compared to the Animatsu discs. Smaller text for subtitles with error fixes, updated translations, etc. The picture quality should also be better too.

FWIW… the discs Anime Limited are using for the upcoming Sentai titles will be upgraded compared to the Animatsu discs. Smaller text for subtitles with error fixes, updated translations, etc. The picture quality should also be better too.
Food Wars will be the same discs as before.

The others (assuming Flowers of Evil and Kids on the Slope does, as Tamako Market has proven that an older disc has been used before) should be newer discs.

Hello, I'm new to the forum - I wanted to ask if anyone knows what was included in last year MVM's Anime-On-line Christmas Mystery Bundles? or if they even had them?

Thanks in advance and happy holidays

Post in thread 'UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]' https://forums.animeuknews.net/threads/uk-anime-christmas-sales-for-2022-anime-ltds-12-days-of-xmas-more.20240/post-645105

@Googlyhead had kindly posted his '22 mvm mystery bundle on Pg10 of the above thread:

Girl in Twilight
Psycholelectric Girl
Battle Girl High School
Devils‘ Line
Love and Lies

The ever-dependable @NormanicGrav has summarised a lot of info and left links for the previous years' threads in the first post of this one if you need any info on previous sales.

I personally think £45 for the rereleases is a lot it’s still very easy to find food wars s1 for £15, I could understand if they were s3-5 that haven’t been released yet but a £30 premium for the artbox and a small art book seems like alot

I’d have preferred £29.99 but since it was one of the few other sets I knew I wanted to pick up, I’ve bitten. Still had my 15% so not too bad really.

Back