UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

It's usually my luck lol, especially as for this year I wanted to be surprised this time :)

I can confirm the contents of the MVM mystery blu ray rated 18 box

Starmyu
Vatican miracle examiner
Touken ranbu
Bakuon
Sagarada reset
Oh thank you, i order the second Mystery Box 15 and it was a good choice as i was worried that both duplicates would be in the same box, so i got
Grimoire of Zero
Love and Lies
Photo Kano
Accel World
Sasami-San@Ganbara
No Duplicates

Has anybody bought and gotten the MVM dvd bundle (non-clearance one)?

I think I'll pass on all the other ones but I'm still curious about that one.
I did order the DVD one but it has not yet arrived. im not sure it will arrive by tuesday, it seems barely anyone actually ordered if nobody has posted about it by now

Oh thank you, i order the second Mystery Box 15 and it was a good choice as i was worried that both duplicates would be in the same box, so i got
Grimoire of Zero
Love and Lies
Photo Kano
Accel World
Sasami-San@Ganbara
No Duplicates

I did order the DVD one but it has not yet arrived. im not sure it will arrive by tuesday, it seems barely anyone actually ordered if nobody has posted about it by now
Oh, great! If you would perhaps be able to let me know what's in it after it arrives I would really appreciate that😊

DVD Box also might(!) include titles like Haibane Renmei, Skull Man, Venus versus Virus,...
Usagi Drop is out due to the weird runtime
The reason I did not include Hainane and Venus is they are classification 12

You are correct, I forgot Skull Man, but all those DVD's are priced at 29.99 and the value of the Bundle is 149.99. the Bundle includes 5 DVD's so each has to be at 29.99 full price, that leaves the 39.99 out of the Bundle

(replay was corrected)

Last edited:
Finally placing my Christmas orders and finally dipping into the Gundam series. Everything is in stock except for Gundam 0083. I hope they'll place it in backorder soon, so I can still use the BOGOF option before the sale finishes.

I know this is a noob question but it is true that nothing in the sale is in the mystery boxes from Anime Limited correct? I wanted to buy a couple more things.

I know this is a noob question but it is true that nothing in the sale is in the mystery boxes from Anime Limited correct? I wanted to buy a couple more things.
Correct. The titles in the mystery boxes are:

Hello World
Summer Ghost
The Deer King
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
The Heroic Legend of Arslan

In/Spectre
The Relative Worlds
Love Me, Love Me Not
Seraph of the End
Emma: A Victorian Romance (Season 1)

Oh, great! If you would perhaps be able to let me know what's in it after it arrives I would really appreciate that😊
Sure but like i said, i don't think it will arrive by the time the sale end. So unless someone posts it. it is not likely you will know and if u still want it, you better decide within the next couple of days.

Still regret not buying Belle day 1

Can either buy:

Standard for £6.29
or 4K for £40.49

Is the 60 page booklet, nice box + sound track worth 6.5x the price?

Still regret not buying Belle day 1

Can either buy:

Standard for £6.29
or 4K for £40.49

Is the 60 page booklet, nice box + sound track worth 6.5x the price?
I believe the bonus Blu-ray discs are also exclusive to the Deluxe Edition set.

BONUS BLU-RAY DISC 1:​

• The Making of BELLE
  • Voice Recordings – Behind the Scenes
  • Collection of Stage Greetings
  • Collection of Cast Interview
  • Interview with Director Mamoru Hosoda
  • Interview with Kaho Nakamura & Takeru Satoh
  • Interview with Kaho Nakamura & Lilas Ikuta
  • Interview with Mamoru Hosoda, Kaho Nakamura & Daiki Tsuneta
  • Takeru Satoh Talks About the Charm of the Film

BONUS BLU-RAY DISC 2:​

• A Conversation with Mamoru Hosoda
  • Design Gallery
  • Finding the Voice of BELLE
  • Hosoda Draws BELLE
  • Kylie McNeill Sings ‘Gales of Song’
  • Music of BELLE
  • Scene Breakdown – Ballroom
  • Scene Breakdown – Train Station
  • Trailers
  • Interview with Taisei Iwasaki – Composer for BELLE
  • BAFTA Interview with Director Mamoru Hosoda
  • Interview with Director Mamoru Hosoda and Eric Wong

Always thought this.
I really dont see why overpayin for 4k etc when the blu ray looks great itself
4K is worth it if the disc has HDR and you have a TV capable of displaying it. Your Name and Weathering with You are gorgeous in 4k because of it. Akira looks amazing as well in 4k HDR.

Definitely not worth £45 for a single movie though. Regular 4k movies go for anywhere from £10-£20. Depends how much you value all the extras in the collector's edition I suppose.

4K is worth it if the disc has HDR. Your Name and Weathering with You are gorgeous in 4k because of it. Akira looks amazing as well in 4k HDR.

Definitely not worth £45 for a single movie though. Regular 4k movies go for anywhere from £10-£20. Depends how much you value all the extras in the collector's edition I suppose.
Seems like the Shout Factory! US release has HDR10 (bare minimum of HDR). Not sure if AL shares the same release as G-Kids/Shout Factory (Evangelion 3.0+1.11's 4K did, for example).

Well, I've been needing a new monitor as my current one cant input HDMI anymore. So if anyone has any recommendations for a 24 inch 4K monitor with HDR while I pop down tesco. Let me know :)

Current monitor is a Proart PA238 so lasted me a good 8 years so far so cant complain :)

Well, I've been needing a new monitor as my current one cant input HDMI anymore. So if anyone has any recommendations for a 24 inch 4K monitor with HDR while I pop down tesco. Let me know :)

Current monitor is a Proart PA238 so lasted me a good 8 years so far so cant complain :)
Most modern monitors/TVs will be able to display HDR, however they won't all be able to display HDR to the same quality. I'd recommend looking for a monitor that is able to get really bright (nits). The brighter a monitor can get, the better it can display HDR - HDR basically allows the colour to pop more on the screen, which is the real game changer when it comes to 4k media and gaming. I'm not too well versed in the monitor arena, but I have a Sony TV that was rated highly for its HDR display.

Unless someone else on here can recommend specific monitors that are good in terms of HDR, your best bet is to have a look online for the best rated monitors for HDR display. AVforums.com is a good place to get advice on this sort of stuff.

So did the 4K day thing get clarified?
Those prices seemed identical to what's been up before?

PS: i've still got nothing dispatched yet! Getting nervous now as I'll be travelling for end of Dec

Back