UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2023 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

That's right, the limit for international customers is 100 GBP. Which means I have to bundle B1G1 in a single order to reach free shipping. So yeah, I was right, I as an international customer get a worse deal.. :(
It's worse than that, to be honest. Since B1G1 are ineligible for coupon codes, it actively disincentives you to order them unless you can make an entire order of just b1g1 if you're an international customer.

I've always stated they should fix it so that while coupons wouldn't apply to it, the coupon would apply to other items in the cart that come with them.

It's worse than that, to be honest. Since B1G1 are ineligible for coupon codes, it actively disincentives you to order them unless you can make an entire order of just b1g1 if you're an international customer.

I've always stated they should fix it so that while coupons wouldn't apply to it, the coupon would apply to other items in the cart that come with them.
What’s also been a hassle in the past (and I assume potentially more so for such international orders) is that there’s no sorting applied to the BOGOFs, which means the ‘free’ items are the cheapest in the entire basket.
Obviously there’s no incentive to change this if the current method results in the occasional few extra doubloons per order, but it’s something to keep in mind, and (uk peeps) remember to split your orders…

I remember one year making 4 orders of BOGOF titles to make the most of the discount by grouping the titles together to get the max saving.

What’s also been a hassle in the past (and I assume potentially more so for such international orders) is that there’s no sorting applied to the BOGOFs, which means the ‘free’ items are the cheapest in the entire basket.
Obviously there’s no incentive to change this if the current method results in the occasional few extra doubloons per order, but it’s something to keep in mind, and (uk peeps) remember to split your orders…
It's standard for the cheapest items to be free in bogofs. It's not just AL that does this, so I don't think that will change.

Other stores can make it so certain discount codes only apply to certain products, so I've never understood why AL can't do that with theirs.

It's standard for the cheapest items to be free in bogofs. It's not just AL that does this, so I don't think that will change.
This is standard at a lot of stores but a lot of those places also have a minimum for free shipping to make it harder to split orders for b1g1 or other similar type promotions. Since AL offers free domestic UK shipping though, I don't see the point in not offering sorting. It's a customer qol benefit (for those in the UK) and the little bit extra you make surely is offset by the additional shipping cost of split orders.

Waited until today when all the new stuff was available before making one big order. A little peeved to find out El-Hazard the Alternative World has sold out in that time, thought I guess that shaves a little bit off of my £200 order...

Looks like my day 1 order will arrive tomorrow via FedEX. Undecided on whether to use my 15% off code on any of the pre-order titles or just wait for another time. I did spot the Miss Hokusai CE for £6.99 though to snatched that up.

Last edited:
Exactly what bothers me. Had the same problem with the flash sales as I could not add the 10% coupon, if I included some other special discount item. I did e-mail them about it but still waiting for a response.

Want to order Gunbuster, if I had been able to use the 10% discount, I'd be able to sneak it in under 150 EUR in my current order. My next order is B1G1 so that again means no 10% coupon...

And Black Lagoon is still not back in stock. :( I'm also waiting for them to tell me what shipping service they use for Europe, hopefully Royal Mail for smaller orders because FedEx custom fees are a ripoff.

They also confirmed the sale ends tomorrow 5 PM. Not sure, if this was mentioned yet formally.

Yeh not only cheapest item on BOGOF is free

But if you want a Tesco Meal Deal with Dr Pepper

And a bottle of water

Put it through as 2 seperate sales so Dr Pepper gets on the meal deal otherwise you end up spending like £1 more than you need to

At long last 😍
£45? Can’t trust them not to screw us like Kakegurui again since Sentai have already released season 2. Factor in the lack of dub as well, which will inevitably be on a Sentai re-release, and it’s just not worth it.

Im guessing they are only allowed to sell a certain amount of one title and then mark it as sold out for the rest of the sale
No way they have no more black lagoon
As they havent had the license that long and its standard and in the bogoff offer?
It will be in stock the day after the sale😂

I did manage to order it on the first 30 mins of the sale but not long after that its been oos for last 7 or 8 days... Maybe more... Very weird

Im guessing they are only allowed to sell a certain amount of one title and then mark it as sold out for the rest of the sale
No way they have no more black lagoon
As they havent had the license that long and its standard and in the bogoff offer?
It will be in stock the day after the sale😂

I did manage to order it on the first 30 mins of the sale but not long after that its been oos for last 7 or 8 days... Maybe more... Very weird
Strange thing is you can still add Black Lagoon to your basket if you do it this way. So I wonder if it's glitched. I might try ordering it along with the movie and see what happens haha...

1702411015071.png
Edit: ah, never mind, it's saying sold out at checkout. Boo.

Strange thing is you can still add Black Lagoon to your basket if you do it this way. So I wonder if it's glitched. I might try ordering it along with the movie and see what happens haha...

View attachment 31810
Edit: ah, never mind, it's saying sold out at checkout. Boo.
Yeh angelic layer also says sold out but lets you add... Go to checkout and it gets removed....
Im guessing with the standards and bogoff offeres that they can only sell so many and then mark as sold out and then after the sale put it back in stock

Some items were sold out for a few days and then came back on sale (Gundam 0083 for example). They won't necessarily wait until the sale is over.

Oh my, now Black Lagoon got back in stock. aaaaa, wish I could put that into my earlier Intl. order. But sadly there's no way to combine orders, right? 1702414943357.png

Back