UK release details on Cagliostro & Little Norse Prince

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Optimum Asia have sent us a press release outlining their UK DVD plans for The Castle of Cagliostro and Little Norse Prince.<ul class="menu2">"On October 17th Optimum Asia will be releasing two anime classics directed by Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke) and Isao Takahata (Grave of the Fireflies), the two visionary animators who founded Studio Ghibli. The Castle of Cagliostro, made in 1979, was Miyazaki's first feature film - reportedly hailed by Steven Spielberg as one of the greatest adventure movies of all time. Little Norse Prince, directed by Takahata and animated by Miyazaki in 1968 was also Takahata's directorial debut and draws on an ancient Japanese myth transposed to Scandanavian folklore."</ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewpress.php?showarticle=64">Read the full press release by clicking here.</a>

The picture on Optimum's re-release of the Castle of Cagliostro has been enhanced and looks more colourful and vibrant in comparison to Manga Entertainment’s release back in 2000.

A nice touch is the ability to switch angle to reveal the original story board that accompanies each scene.

i'll definitely look into Little Norse Prince at some point - i can't be bothered to get rid of my Manga Ent edition of Cagliostro though. that film is one heck of a lot of fun!

Not fussed about getting Cagliostro again, but the Little Norse Prince one looks very interesting...

But if Optimum decide to do a buy both get a tenner off again like they did with Nausicaa and Cat Returns in HMV this week, I'd be a sucker for it! :D

I'll definatly go for the Little Norse Prince; it's Ghibli and the concept sounds interesting, mythology can always hold my interest. Cagliostro I don't see much point in re-purchasing, though.

Back