Unisex Toilets: Good or bad?

Unisex Toilets: Have them or not?

• Make a seperate room for mixed genders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - We're fine as we've always had been. (Tradition)

• No - Uncomfortable with other genders.

• No - Risks involved (i.e. rapists).

• No - Other reasons.

• Yes - We need them for clarity between sexes.

• Yes - It's a simpler method of excretion (going to loo).

• Total voters
mixed... because ive never gotten the seperate thing... i mean, is it becus we have different bits or peeps mite be looking at said bits.

but that doesnt make sense... when theres gays and lesbos, i dont get it. just mix em.

and as far as having urinials, ive never got them either, i mean i use em BUT i wudnt choose either a urinial over a toilet, or vise verse. i mean what is it u from them? the fact that u can ur buddy can have a chat and compare, or that u can some stranger "splash" over you.... same goes for mens showers with no walls! womens showers ALWAYS have walls... i think a gay man invented these.

i dont know... i dont get it.

skikes said:
mixed... because ive never gotten the seperate thing... i mean, is it becus we have different bits or peeps mite be looking at said bits.

but that doesnt make sense... when theres gays and lesbos, i dont get it. just mix em.
Because, believe it or not, homosexuals are a minority.

With more people being localised into one room (a unisex toilet), rape is statistically going to climb.

If that means going from a 0.005% probability to 0.006%, then yeah.

You have more chance of ******** out a gold coin.

Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 10... so thats not THAT MUCH of a minority :/

skikes said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 20

Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 20

its 1 in 10... stick to what you know lol

skikes said:
Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 20

I'm Master of the Universe, I know all.

Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 20

You can't argue with that lol

I say no. In the fact that if I'm in a nightclub on a night out it seems to take women half an hour to get in an out of the toilet. I'd rather not have to join a queue to go to the toilet.

Also another good reason is that all the women will complain that the seat was left up again and they say "Does it take much effort to put it down?" , and I say if that's the case, do it yourself.

Unisex toilets should be an optional extra where it is viable to have a third (or rather fourth) toilet block or room, but the 99.9% of the population not in the minority of the 'differently gendered'* should not be forced to use them. Neither sex should lose the luxury of privacy and Men shouldn't lose the right to do their business 500% faster (but please guys, don't cut corners. Wash your bloody hands.) for the sake of the unfortunate few. I'd win no friends for equating Gender Dysphoria with physical disability down at the student's union, but it's not like gendered toilets were altered for the 'differently able'. Why should the same be done for the even less statistically significantly 'differently gendered?'

* Note that we're talking about a minority of a minority anyway. We're not talking about people who truly identify as the gender opposite of the one they were forced into (since they're going want to do their business in their chosen toilet anyway, or at least cross their legs really hard and wait till they get home). We're talking about people who define themselves as being somewhere in between the two ends of the scale.

---

Edit: Also, Chaz, you opening post is... erm... lolwuthy. You make it sound like there's some kind of transsexual virus that attacks the brains of pubescent boys and turns them mentally into girls. Like one day your son catches what seems like a common cold whilst playing in the dirt with his Tonka Toys and then a week later he's up on his feet again, but playing tea-party with his sister's dolls under the shade of the blossom tree.

if someone cross-dresses because their "uncomfortable" with their gender, and goes into the opposite sex's toilets, then it's wrong in my view. Simplifying it, if you have a penis (therefore genetically male), go to the male toilets. If you dont (even if you're "100%" sex changed, i.e. having a vagina), you use the female toilets.
Someone cross-dresses because they want to acquire the right bits. Why does having acquired a vagina make the blindest bit of difference if you're going to go into the same cubicle with the same outer appearance? How would you stop people sans-vagoo from getting into the ladies' loo? Are you volunteering to screen them all :p

Also (copybooks ready kids, we're back to GCSE Biology): Having a Penis does not make you 'genetically male'. Genetically, you're whatever your sex chromosones started out as, no matter which bits you have cosmetically altered. They don't push transsexuals into a big microwave machine that does things with their X and Y chromosones. It's done with hormones and extremely complex surgery.

"We're not talking about people who truly identify as the gender opposite of the one they were forced into (since they're going want to do their business in their chosen toilet anyway"

OKay....for the purposes of the point....using that theory..im a guy, i can walk into ladies toilets with a right that its my preferred toilet because there's lasses in there??

i think its just wrong....i mean, we've had different toilets for genders and there's been no problem. a question to the muppet brigade who deided this might be worth more than a miliseconds thought....."why not make changing rooms both sex? oh and while your at it, make seperate changing booths in the room, y'know...so you can aid those who want to increase the teenage pregnancey percentage up abit more :thumb: and lastly...go jump off a cliff."

I think I've posted a topic that's become reputatation suicide. Seems like everyone's having a pop at me. :(

Ok, let's get something out in the clear. I'VE NEVER SEEN THESE MEDICAL THEORIES IN ACTION! I've never seen how these cross-gender things happen; I've never walked into a surgery and seen anyone change their "sex"; I can't explain in big scientific words from some random documentory how something is able to change people's hormones/DNA/whatever!

*Breathes* Now, to talk about what Kupo mentioned.
1st, the "Transexual disease." Ok, I know it's not something you catch, it's how the body evolves into 2 seperate aspects: The mind of the boy, and a body of the girl (and visa versa). It's not an alien germ or cell entering and altering the biology, it's just how it's built up. Again, I'm not sure how or why it happens myself. I just heard about it.

As for the man w/ Vagina entering a male room (or switching roles), I'm just gonna give up. I'll say if they want to use a cubical sit-down loo in either toilets (Male/Female or Toilet/Uranials only), then let them have their privacy, as long as they let us keep to ourselves in the loo. I doubt their gonna take a peek at us when we 'go.'

That's my last contribution, as I'm just tierd of this thread (even though I made it, it's like Frankenstein's gonna get me). Thanks for contributing, and carry on at your leisure.

I don't care where I go (unisex or not) as long as I can go when I want. As long as there are cubicals of sorts I can't see a problem. On the other hand there should always be an option to single sex toilets as there'll be a hella lot of women and men who wouldn't be comfortable doing the business with a member of the opposite sex in the vecinity.
To be honest this sounds like it has nothing to do with being aware of confused gender issues but more saving money on space and time.
But then again I don't care so much either way.

Zen 2nd said:
Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Kurogane said:
skikes said:
Maxon said:
skikes said:

1 in 20

You can't argue with that lol

I say no. In the fact that if I'm in a nightclub on a night out it seems to take women half an hour to get in an out of the toilet. I'd rather not have to join a queue to go to the toilet.

Also another good reason is that all the women will complain that the seat was left up again and they say "Does it take much effort to put it down?" , and I say if that's the case, do it yourself.

oh! actually good point! woman taking ******* ages going to the pisser... infact they take forever doing anything! PLUS when i worked in a nightclub they we're the messiest pigs ever.

i'm against it!

Back