Upcoming MangaUK Blu-Ray Releases Moved To DVD-Only

So...is that Samurai Bride one definitely KAZE? cause I cannot see any reason why that still has a Blu Ray release when two others were cancelled? Did the first season really sell that well on Blu?

If it is a Manga title, then great on them for keeping that Blu release, just gutted they kept the one of the three I have no interest in.

Dannielle said:
So...is that Samurai Bride one definitely KAZE? cause I cannot see any reason why that still has a Blu Ray release when two others were cancelled? Did the first season really sell that well on Blu?

If it is a Manga title, then great on them for keeping that Blu release, just gutted they kept the one of the three I have no interest in.

It's been confirmed that Samurai Bride is from Manga UK sometime a while back.

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

...how odd.

I have to put my hands up here and confess that when I was transitioning to BD, my first purchases were all fan service titles as I assumed that the visual elements would benefit most from the enhanced resolution...

R

Rui said:
I have to put my hands up here and confess that when I was transitioning to BD, my first purchases were all fan service titles as I assumed that the visual elements would benefit most from the enhanced resolution...

R
Considering the recent Manga UK conundrum, I might have to order FUNimation's release of High School DxD New because yeah...the first season looks amazing on blu-ray.

Shiroi Hane said:
It's not that odd. When it comes to anime, we know that sex always sells.

It just seems real ..I don't know, I never would've pictured it as a big seller, even with the fanservice.. or big enough to get a BD release over the other two. I'm just a little fan in a big Anime world though, I don't know the figures. Just presumption that I figure I might be wrong on :p

& really I'm just pouting cause the one title I don't want gets a BD & the two I wanted, don't ;)

I do wonder if even in Manga's current dire straights, they'll still manage to pick up High School DxD, considering how well the first season did for them?

Maybe they'll go back to how they were in the 90s and go even harder on the fanservice - although I can't imagine the 'beer and pizza' lad that would have bought Overfiend and Violence Jack admitting to purchasing DxD, ha!

Honestly, at this point, Manga have two choices.

Add Sailor Moon so they can coast on that for 10 boxsets (or for as long as anyone can stomach the god awful video transfer which Andrew would kick in the teeth if ATA got it instead which would be wonderful right about now) or just fart off into non-existance once the last Bleach and Naruto boxes drop.

These days, it's less "Will they pick up High School DxD New?" but more "How will they cock up High School DxD New?" that worries me. I'm probably being utterly shameless by admitting that I love the series but....oh well, who gives a damn? :p

NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

Just to add further confirmation, this is indeed a Manga UK title, not a Kazé one.

Jeremy_Graves said:
NormanicGrav said:
Dannielle said:

Just to add further confirmation, this is indeed a Manga UK title, not a Kazé one.

so essentially, it is confirmed that this is a dvd only release. Such a shame as the main draw for the show was the visuals, the US BD is region free so if it turns out to be DVD only i'll import that. Wonder what will happen to magi.

windcott said:
so essentially, it is confirmed that this is a dvd only release. Such a shame as the main draw for the show was the visuals, the US BD is region free so if it turns out to be DVD only i'll import that. Wonder what will happen to magi.
Well, no. We've been told of two titles that will be DVD only (which were BD-only) and one other title that is still coming out on BD (but only in the parts, not the sets). Samurai Bride wasn't going to be BD-only and is a single-volume release so doesn't fit either pattern. It is also due out months earlier than Good Luck Girl and is still available to pre-order on Amazon in BD.
Magi is a Kaze show so who knows.

Looks like Fairy Tail Part 9 might also be DVD only.
Hanners from UKAN said:
Just thought I'd bump this thread to note that all major retailers are showing Fairy Tail Part 9 with only a single SKU and no Blu-ray in sight - I think it's now fair to assume that our initial report was indeed correct, and that this series will be DVD-only from this point forth.
The downfall of Manga Entertainment continues even further.

UPDATE:

And so is Samurai Bride by the looks of it:

manga_dvd.png

NormanicGrav said:
The downfall of Manga Entertainment continues even further.
What's a Manga Entertainment? Some kind of book?

But yeah. I think Manga is dead. Their twitter is borderline dead, their Q1 release slate is underwhelming at best.
Maybe Jerome figured it was best to jump ship before it sunk completely.

Back