Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Paprika 4K Steelbook. USA
91C8DfTZ7yL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg
What are the odds of Paprika 4k getting a UK release? Would the German or Italian release include English subtitles and audio? Currently looking at those in case a UK release isn't likely.

4K discs are region free if there isn't one. Sony haven't exactly been the best at keeping the few anime titles they directly licenced in print here either.
Thanks, according to blu-ray.com the Italian release has English subtitles so I'll take my chances on that as it's way cheaper than importing a US copy.

The European releases seem to have full EFIGS support, might be a little early to say it won't be here. Though, doesn't seem to be a lot announced from Sony Pictures atm.
The other languages aren't listed on the IT or FR Amazon sites but the DE does state full EFIGS support. They all seem to be using the same steelbook too, including the Sony Pictures logo despite the DE and IT releases being from other distributors.

Last edited:
It saves money to do a single production run for the packaging - in this case steelbook - and it doesn't hurt. We can expect J-Cards or insert sheets on the back...

WowHD have the US one for about the same as the Italian one, maybe £3 more or so.

The other languages aren't listed on the IT or FR Amazon sites but the DE does state full RFIGS support. They all seem to be using the same steelbook too, including the Sony Pictures logo despite the DE and IT releases being from other distributors.

I've decided to go with the German release for that very reason and cancel my Italy order - although the German release isn't out until March - so at least it gives Sony a bit more time to announce something for the UK (fingers crossed). I don't want to try and deal with WowHD customer service if it gets lost or damaged. Amazon are so much easier to deal with.

DTM states there are English subtitles and English audio on the German release so it seems a safe bet.

1705322503996.png

Back