Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Wait, so is that a 2-part Collector's Edition of Nadia similar to Future Boy (as opposed to the £200 LE)
Are AL actually trying to nuke their own release?! This is a far better prospect and is 100% gonna destroy those LE sales.
Guessing it's been planned for a while as LE should've been out months ago and that license is ticking 🤦‍♂️
Really feel bad for AL as I guess a lot of it is out of their control.

Yeah looks like the standard blu-ray is the complete series and 5 discs
And the 4k is a 2 parter, but each part looks to hold 4 disc so 2x4k disc and 2xnormal blu-ray disc, so may just be all sold as one still (but I would have hoped the art work would have shown that, so 2 case next to a CE art box rather than just the one)
Well going off those spine images anyway (number of discs is on the spine under the BBFC if that helps)

Wait, so is that a 2-part Collector's Edition of Nadia similar to Future Boy (as opposed to the £200 LE)
Are AL actually trying to nuke their own release?! This is a far better prospect and is 100% gonna destroy those LE sales.
The 2-Part-LE is actually £61.85 per part on Amazon UK
https://amzn.to/3RZ8ycb
(affiliated links)

Whilest that is cheaper than the early bird price of £149.99 (and those who ordered during xmas might have used a discount code), I'd assume that most fans would value an A4 136 page artbook at more than £26.69 ;)
No idea if part 2 actually include a small artbook like most Gundam Part 2 did.

Yeah looks like the standard blu-ray is the complete series and 5 discs
And the 4k is a 2 parter, but each part looks to hold 4 disc so 2x4k disc and 2xnormal blu-ray disc, so may just be all sold as one still (but I would have hoped the art work would have shown that, so 2 case next to a CE art box rather than just the one)
Well going off those spine images anyway (number of discs is on the spine under the BBFC if that helps)
Not sure how much faith I'd put in AL's pack shot accuracy, they are very Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V these days. 😂
The spine does say 4 blu rays on the shot but the description says 2-discs then to top it off the actual product listing says '(Standard Edition) [UHD] [Blu-ray]' 🤷‍♂️ very weird.

And I do believe the book will easily be worth an extra £26, but these days for a lot of people a £150 4K set is very much an impulse buy and after nearly a year of waiting maybe you see a CE set that isn't that different (and might actually ship 1st!!) and you start having second thoughts...

Something similar happened with Blood-C last year iirc. By the time the UE was ready they'd announced or even solicited the much cheaper CE (which I have, nice release).

Compounding that issue was something with the UE packaging that wasn't as advertised, which annoyed the few who bought it. AL only made 500 and it's still in stock!

I do love the piece of art they've used for the CE box. I wish we could have more wrap-around pieces or even just more colour on the spines though. So many of their CEs are just plain black or white, which is fine but... colour~

Apologies for dropping in with this now but I can't find any video/screens of what the actual 4K version looks like? Is it the same as the Gkids version which looked pretty bad to me. I totally forgot AL were doing their own release.

Apologies for dropping in with this now but I can't find any video/screens of what the actual 4K version looks like? Is it the same as the Gkids version which looked pretty bad to me. I totally forgot AL were doing their own release.
Yeah Anime Limited are using the 4K restoration that GKIDS had used for their release, so it's not as good looking compared to the Blu-ray version.

The Blu-rays were mentioned to be using the Sentai/Animatsu master instead which many videophiles prefer for this series.

I can't find the screencaps but expect reviewers to go over it pretty soon if they stick to the early November date.

Not sure how much faith I'd put in AL's pack shot accuracy, they are very Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V these days. 😂
The spine does say 4 blu rays on the shot but the description says 2-discs then to top it off the actual product listing says '(Standard Edition) [UHD] [Blu-ray]' 🤷‍♂️ very weird.

And I do believe the book will easily be worth an extra £26, but these days for a lot of people a £150 4K set is very much an impulse buy and after nearly a year of waiting maybe you see a CE set that isn't that different (and might actually ship 1st!!) and you start having second thoughts...
Yes that threw me off as well when uploading! Release schedule update that was sent out though definitely states only two discs for part 2 and doesn't appear to have any physical extras like a mini book etc. So both parts are strictly 4K disc only.

free-the-final-stroke-part-2-standard-edition-pg-bddvd.jpg

fortune-favors-lady-nikuko-standard-edition-pg-blu-ray.jpg

royal-space-force-the-wings-of-honneamise-15-blu-ray.jpg

Royal Space Force was a new listing on AOL, not sure if this is a re-print or if it is a title that hadn't got a standard yet though I feel I've seen the standard before but included it just in case.

Back