Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thedoctor2016 said:
That's the first time I've heard it I dislike the crosshairs in the logo as that is no. Official art anywhere
Not that I'm at all familiar with the franchise, but the logo is identical to that on the US and Japanese cover art for the anime. It is also in the original Japanese game logo as the handakuten on the パ.

I kind of wish they stuck to the game logo

Danganronpa_series_English_logo.png

Im a bit late to the party, but I was about to buy Madoka Movie 3, why the hell did they add the blue banner across the top? The set of Movie 1 and 2 is amazing, this looks tacky!

That was the only complaint I had about it too. It looks kind of jarring when they're next to each other on a shelf. I'd rather that either they both had it or neither.

Do you mean the slip box for Madoka Movie 3? If so it probably has a blue banner across the top to the match the series slip box or it could be that all Manga's slip boxes have the blue banner (well my FMA Brotherhood & Redline do). Even Animatsu's rigid slip boxes have the blue banner. I'm guessing the Movie 1 & 2 art box didn't was that they just replicated Madman's release.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Do you mean the slip box for Madoka Movie 3? If so it probably has a blue banner across the top to the match the series slip box or it could be that all Manga's slip boxes have the blue banner (well my FMA Brotherhood & Redline do). Even Animatsu's rigid slip boxes have the blue banner. I'm guessing the Movie 1 & 2 art box didn't was that they just replicated Madman's release.

Yes the movie 3 does not match movie 1 and 2. Nothing wrong with the blue banner to be perfectly honest, as long as all the releases have a blue banner. Mostly just the lack of consistency between movies 1 and 2 and movie 3 that bothers me.

MVM Entertainment Artwork

The Eccentric Family: Complete Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
61pM2cJyKCL.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

The DVD release is no longer a Premium Edition (as stated a couple weeks back).

britguy said:
Yes the movie 3 does not match movie 1 and 2. Nothing wrong with the blue banner to be perfectly honest, as long as all the releases have a blue banner. Mostly just the lack of consistency between movies 1 and 2 and movie 3 that bothers me.
I, for one, am glad that the artbox doesn't have a blue banner even if that means it doesn't look quite right next to movie 3 with its slipcover. Ideally there would have been space in the box for movie 3, or perhaps instead of a cardboard slipcover with blue banner it could've had its own clean chipboard box, but this is Manga UK we're talking about. The most you can hope for is that the discs don't have anything critically wrong with them (and they don't, as far as I'm aware, so I'm good).

And not that I really care because I own the games and don't see the point in owning the anime, but... the old Danganronpa art misrepresents the show? With all the characters either scowling or looking decidedly not happy? Might as well say the cover art of the second game is misrepresentative because there are flowers and palm trees on it.

Manga Entertainment F Artwork

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
A1cO1iaJ6WL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Because that promo image doesn't contain what's arguably a huge spoiler for the film at all (then I suppose you could work it out from the title...)

The fact they've changed the title to disguise it, suggests they were at least trying to be slightly discreet about it. Apparently not any more.

Intriguingly the recent Danganronpa blu-ray is a direct copy of FUNi's US master (it's not even an adapted version, it doesn't even have a Manga UK logo at the beginning, it's a direct copy), I wonder if they'll do the same with DBZ or any of their other forthcoming FUNi titles.

Buzz201 said:
Intriguingly the recent Danganronpa blu-ray is a direct copy of FUNi's US master (it's not even an adapted version, it doesn't even have a Manga UK logo at the beginning, it's a direct copy), I wonder if they'll do the same with DBZ or any of their other forthcoming FUNi titles.

It's been an odd change ever since Manga became independent. Noragami is also a direct copy of FUNi's US master as well as Dragon Ball Z Kai (via the Part masters not the Season masters, pretty much exactly the same except for the composers).

I'm wondering if they lack the connections Starz had, or are simply trying to minimise costs, and maybe they've pissed FUNimation off and FUNi are putt their foot down. Either way, works out better for us, so no complaints from me.

Buzz201 said:
I'm wondering if they lack the connections Starz had, or are simply trying to minimise costs, and maybe they've pissed FUNimation off and FUNi are putt their foot down. Either way, works out better for us, so no complaints from me.

Do you reckon they are better off away from Starz?

robot monkey said:
Do you reckon they are better off away from Starz?

Depends. It sounds like they were being hampered by the corporate machine under Starz, but Starz also had deep pockets, so could bail them out if they made a bad decision. To be honest, I imagine they've made a concious decision to use FUNi's masters without editing them, since I shan't imagine it's too expensive just to bung a logo at the beginning. Probably to stop people bitching about their release quality.

It wouldn't surprise me if, as soon as they recover from the slump they're in at the moment, Manga becomes far better than it was under Starz, but then it also wouldn't surprise me if it becomes a colossal disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back