Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannielle said:
Joshawott said:
I really like that Bleach cover. I'm a bit worried at how it will look lined up with the rest of my collection though.

Haha! Glad I'm not the only one! As soon as i saw the boxart i had to take a look at my current collection for possible relief (of them matching up)..there was none. *sadface*
MangaUK themselves weren't very good with Bleach in that respect - just look at the season 5 boxset compared to 1-4!

Well, I own seasons 1-3 in box sets, 4 in singles, 5 as a box set and part 1 of 6 as singles...so I didn't have much hope anyway!

Noooo... >_>

It's a nice cover, it's just - gah. I just wonder what the season boxes will come to look like. I'm not exactly pleased with the difference between 1-4 and 5+.

Oh well, at least the logo is the right way on the spine.

I Always liked the French art for the Bleach releases.

In terms of consistency for Bleach, the worst is yet to come, there's a season that has 8 episodes in the season and there's another that has around I think 50 odd episodes, it intrigues me as to what there gonna do!

Black Lagoon BD Collection #2
kbr2582.jpg

DVD:
kdvd2580.jpg

The 2 season DVD boxset looks better than the individual Blu's, IMO.

Which is disappointing, cos I want the Blu's.

Paradox295 said:
The 2 season DVD boxset looks better than the individual Blu's, IMO.
Definitely, that DVD cover fits in really well with those of the manga. Those BD covers are really quite disappointing by comparison... Not that they wouldn't be disappointing anyway.

Hope the text on the spine of the Black Lagoon cases ends up being flipped around when Manga add their logo, as it's the 'normal' way on the Bleach release.

Well I'm getting the DVDs so that's cool by me, but the s2 cover is actually kinda cool. I like minimalistic covers, it was just the blatant ass-shot that made the first one so cringeworthy. I know it's still an ass-shot, but at least it's tasteful by comparison and there's no pervy definition.

I wasn't bothered by the perversion, more the lack of design skill shown by the person who put the cover together. They still have screen shots on the front cover FFS. And then there's the fact it's not even a very good depiction of Revy's **** in the first place.

Tind said:
Will there be an English version with English box or French only?
I imagine the box will be in English over here. After all, other Kazé releases have had English and French language boxes - same design, different language.

You know, if you don't like the covers and you're somewhat of a dab hand at photo editing software, you could just make your own covers.

Just saying.

theirsbailiff said:
You know, if you don't like the covers and you're somewhat of a dab hand at photo editing software, you could just make your own covers.

Just saying.
I do, occasionally.

But then it does begin to wear away some of the supposed benefits of buying an official release if you have to make your own packaging for it. When this stuff was at it's worst with MVM and Manga's mismatched singles spines I suggested they could just start distributing discs in paper sleeves for half the cost - Cheaper because official releases are supposed to pay designers to create a product which is appealing for people to buy and they want sat on their shevles. If these designers couldn't even execute the idea of spines which were supposed to fit together, I really hope they weren't payed in anything other than packets of Tesco value peanuts.

Any dates yet for the UK release? Also, any news about a release for Roberta's Blood Trail (season 3)?

The 9th of July according to AOL/MVM (spotted by Dannielle in the news section). No news on the OVAs yet, but fingers crossed.

Holy sh...AOL has that (with 24% discount) for £37.99...nice price for a 2006 anime that was already released once in the UK /sarcasm :(

It might seem expensive after what we've been used to, but really all it is is that things are starting to be priced realistically again rather than so cheap they barely manage (or even fail) to turn a profit. Kaze seem to have their heads screwed on right in this regard. I will be pre-ordering both the BD sets, even if they don't come down from £30.

I sold a set of the Black Lagoon DVDs second-hand not long ago and they fetched a very similar price to what AOL are now listing the new DVD box at. Supply and demand, man.

At least Kaze stuff come in cardboard box or just a simple DVD case? If it comes in more than just a simple DVD case, then I will be ok with that price (especially that it wasn't cheap to get from the US either).

A packaging similar to the German anime releases would be nice, if the prices were not so insane high, I would get my animes from Germany :)

For example, I compared my UK Manga Dance in the Vampire Bund with the German release:

Like I said, German anime prices are insane, the UK Dance in the Vampire Bund sells for £14.49 on Amazon UK, while the German edition is going for ~£58 on Amazon DE! I doubt that it costs more than 3,5x more just because of better packaging :D

ps: Darn, forgot to put away the cr*p before taking the picture, those 2 games are obviously not included :D

And I'd guess that's because German and UK distributors know their markets and those markets are rather different. The Germans are clearly prepared to pay for quality (though the Japanese far more so) whereas the British and our American cousins are far more likely to buy any old crap as long as it's cheap. We seem to be doing a pretty good job of exporting this attitude though, so look out for the 300 forint store, coming soon to (decimate) a high street near you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back