US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll test the region when I get home shortly also in regards to the 1080i, I'm not much of a videophile but from the few scenes I watched while making sure the discs worked looked beautiful same with penguindrum.

Shiroi Hane said:
If you have the disc (which I don't) and a Toshiba BDX1200 (like a number of us do) you can test it by changing region.

Importing US discs into AU and reboxing them is not new (Madman do it, since you don't need a ratings logo printed on the disc like you do here). The disc being set up to recognize the region and respond accordingly is new to me.
Makes you wonder why Sentai can do fancy stuff like that yet keep making their discs in 1080i...

Sadly I have native region A players coming out of my ears but not a single piece of hardware capable of playing local products ^^;

I'm mostly interested in this development since it's interesting (and if more unlocked discs are flowing into region B, it opens my buying options up in interesting ways since I don't have to bother buying a region B player I don't really want in order to support the local companies a bit more).

R

Geh. I already have it on order, and I want to see it so I'll tolerate it, but the duff video in Mawaru Penguindrum is distracting. Manga could make a killing if they put out uncrippled versions of these recent Sentai BDs.

R

Mangaranga said:
Its section23 so probably, but check the back of the box. It's yet another crippled 1080i release!
I was going to get this, but now? No thanks.
On the back it says A, thats why I was asking, does the ones on the list not show A or shows A/B etc. As I was shocked to hear that AnoHana/Usagi Drop are region free even though they say A on them.
Yea the 1080i is disappointing.

BDT87 said:
As people said the AnoHana and Usagi Drop were.
I doubt it as I put my NISA AnoHana BD 1 into my player (toshiba BDX1200 with multi region firmware set to zone B) and all I get is a "Sorry, this disc is authorised for play in REGION A only. It will not work in this Blu-ray player" message when the disc runs.

The same goes for Bunny Drop, so it must be limited to certain players.

demonix said:
BDT87 said:
As people said the AnoHana and Usagi Drop were.
I doubt it as I put my NISA AnoHana BD 1 into my player (toshiba BDX1200 with multi region firmware set to zone B) and all I get is a "Sorry, this disc is authorised for play in REGION A only. It will not work in this Blu-ray player" message when the disc runs.

The same goes for Bunny Drop, so it must be limited to certain players.
PS3 only for some reason.

You can re-add the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles season 1 and 2 sets (S.A.V.E Edition) as they are region free (season 1 is marked zone A only but it does work in a zone B player and season 2 is marked zones A and B).

Dannielle said:
Anyone know if Mass Effect: Paragon Lost DVD/BD combo can play on UK BD Players? https://www.up1.co.uk/Details/M1649
Bluray AB and DVD R1/4, so Yes it can (Bluray at least).
YdSHC.jpg

I have the region A Disney release of Ponyo and it plays on region B players
The included DVD is region locked

It is not included on your list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back