USA Manga releases, Help for my work expirence

Apple Bun

Thousand Master
Hay guys, as some of you may know i'm currently doing work expirence at an anime and manga shop in Norwich.
Carrying on from one of my jobs today i was asked to find out what up coming US Manga releases people wouled be most intrested in, if they where given the opertunity to buy them over here, before they where released in the UK.
Here is a list of the July releases;
Bastard!! (Action Edition) Vol. #12
Battle Club Vol. #02
Bt\'X Vol. #11
Case Closed (aka Detective Conan) Vol. #12
Cheeky Angel (aka Tenshi na Konamaiki) Vol. #13
DearS Vol. #07
Dragon Head Vol. #03
Eremental Gelade Vol. #01
From Far Away Vol. #11
GatchaGatcha Vol. #02
Kingdom Hearts Vol. #04
Last Fantasy Vol. #02
Lights Out (aka: An Evening Something Wonderful May Happen) Vol. #04
Lupin III: World\'s Most Wanted (aka: Shin Lupin III) Vol. #07
Never Give Up! (aka: NeBaGiBa!) Vol. #02
Please, Save My Earth Vol. #17
Project Arms Vol. #13
Rebirth Vol. #18
RG Veda Vol. #06
Sgt. Frog Vol. #11
Someday\'s Dreamers Vol. #02
Telepathic Wanderers (aka: Nanase) Vol. #03
Ultra Cute (aka: UruKyu) Vol. #03
Visitor Vol. #04
W-Juliet Vol. #11
Kikaider Code 02 Vol. #04
Four Constables, the Vol. #05
Onegai Twins (novels) Vol. #01
Real Fake Princess Vol. #02
Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. #08
InuYasha (Action Edition) Vol. #26
MAR (aka: Marchen Awakens Romance) Vol. #08
R.O.D Vol. #03
Gorgeous Carat Galaxy Vol. #01
Swan Vol. #07
Air Gear Vol. #01
Genshiken Vol. #06
GuruGuru Pon-chan Vol. #05
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Vol. #02
Nodame Cantabile Vol. #06
Q-ko-chan Vol. #01
Sugar Sugar Rune Vol. #03
Tsubasa Vol. #10
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne Vol. #0
Tenryu (Dragon Cycle) Vol. #06
Boogiepop Doesn\'t Laugh Vol. #02
Cantarella Vol. #04
Cromartie High School Vol. #07
Crossroad Vol. #04
Lovely Sick Vol. #01
Tenshi Ja Nai!! Vol. #04

So if there are any titals you would be intrested in if you where given the chance please let me know, you'll be doing me a big favor!
Also if there are any that are not listed above then please write those down too ^_^
You'll be doing me a really big favor thanks so much :3

Btw. I'm sorry if this is against the rules, i dont rember it being ^.^;;;;

Thanks alot guys!

Neko

B'tX, DearS, Genshiken, MAR and Tsubasa for the manga I am currently following and I wouldn't mind picking up Elemental Gelade since I've seen some of the anime and it looks like a bit of fun :).

XxNeko-FeixX - its probably well worth considering which titles are coming over to the UK and which aren't.

You should certainly be importing all the manga that makes the top spot in the US bookscan charts:
- Naruto (Viz)
- Bleach (Viz)
- Full Metal Alchemist (Viz)
- Negima (Del Rey)
- Tsubasa (Del Rey)
- xxxHolic (Del Rey)
- Fruits Basket (Tokyopop)

You should also be aware of what Del Rey titles are coming out in the UK over the next year. Their titles are incredibly popular and unlike Tokyopop UK they have committed to US release schedule parity. By the end of next year (and before that for some titles) there will be no reason to import many of their titles. Though in the meantime you will probably make good sales of Tsubasa 3-10 while everyone else is buying volumes 1&2 in Ottakers.

Might also be a good idea to keep checking sites like www.up1.co.uk and archonia.com regularly. They don't do top tens and such, but they do track stock, so you can get a feel for what stock is shifting (like when a new title comes in and goes out of stock within 2 days).

For each of these titles I will consider them on several merits:
* My perception of how well its recieved by the fanbase, with special consideration for the UK
* The likelihood of the title to appear in the UK soon (i.e. if you don't shift it by the time it appears in Ottakers, you are likely to lose out)
* If its new, how well anticipated is it.

SKIP - don't get it.
HOLD - I withold judgement on it - I don't know enough to yay or nay, do your own lookup
GRAB - get it.

Bastard!! (Action Edition) Vol. #12 - SKIP - low interest
Battle Club Vol. #02 - HOLD
Bt\'X Vol. #11 - SKIP - I don't think this has taken off here.
Case Closed (aka Detective Conan) Vol. #12 - SKIP - Gollanz are bringing this out in droves
Cheeky Angel (aka Tenshi na Konamaiki) Vol. #13 - HOLD - its hard to say with this. I love the manga, but I think its a very niche title, and very big, any UK fans have been buying online and will stay doing so
DearS Vol. #07 - GRAB - you got a few months ahead of tokyopop, and this title is earning respect as a Chobits alternative
Dragon Head Vol. #03 - HOLD
Eremental Gelade Vol. #01 - GRAB
From Far Away Vol. #11 - HOLD, though gut feelign would say no
GatchaGatcha Vol. #02 - is this the tokyopop version? HOLD opinion on it
Kingdom Hearts Vol. #04 - GRAB this is very popular due to the game association
Last Fantasy Vol. #02 - HOLD don't know anything about this, is this World Manga?
Lights Out (aka: An Evening Something Wonderful May Happen) Vol. #04 HOLD ?
Lupin III: World\'s Most Wanted (aka: Shin Lupin III) Vol. #07 SKIP - I dont think Lupin manga shifts over here
Never Give Up! (aka: NeBaGiBa!) Vol. #02 HOLD
Please, Save My Earth Vol. #17 my gut feeling says GRAB - you should be getting this, its one of Viz best titles, but you really need to have initial volumes too, and be back ordering for walk-in customers maybe.
Project Arms Vol. #13 this is a game manga? Gut feeling says GRAB if it is popular here
Rebirth Vol. #18 PASS
RG Veda Vol. #06 GRAB - you are racing tokyopop releases though
Sgt. Frog Vol. #11 GRAB
Someday\'s Dreamers Vol. #02 GRAB
Telepathic Wanderers (aka: Nanase) Vol. #03 HOLD
Ultra Cute (aka: UruKyu) Vol. #03 HOLD though maybe grab - some of this supercute stuff tends to find a market
Visitor Vol. #04 HOLD
W-Juliet Vol. #11 HOLD
Kikaider Code 02 Vol. #04 HOLD
Four Constables, the Vol. #05 HOLD
Onegai Twins (novels) Vol. #01 GRAB novels are taking off, not sure how twins is doing, but other novels like FMA/Vampire Hunter have done well
Real Fake Princess Vol. #02 HOLD
Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. #08 duh GRAB GRAB GRAB
InuYasha (Action Edition) Vol. #26 hard to say - I don't think anyone has the money to folloe Inuyasha here. HOLD
MAR (aka: Marchen Awakens Romance) Vol. #08 GRAB
R.O.D Vol. #03 GRAB
Gorgeous Carat Galaxy Vol. #01 no idea. HOLD
Swan Vol. #07 HOLD
Air Gear Vol. #01 SKIP - out in the UK next month anyway.
Genshiken Vol. #06 GRAB GRAB GRAB
GuruGuru Pon-chan Vol. #05 - I would say GRAB, its out in the UK soon, and will be caught up with, but its one of the prominent launch titles.
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Vol. #02 HOLD
Nodame Cantabile Vol. #06 GRAB - personal bias here, but Nodame is one of the great overlooked manga. I don't think it has taken off, but any time soon. I seriously think this is a good anime candidate too.
Q-ko-chan Vol. #01 - HOLD
Sugar Sugar Rune Vol. #03 - hmm HOLD
Tsubasa Vol. #10 - GRAB GRAB GRAB
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne Vol. #0 I would say GRAB, you could win over some Full Moon fans
Tenryu (Dragon Cycle) Vol. #06 HOLD
Boogiepop Doesn\'t Laugh Vol. #02 GRAB
Cantarella Vol. #04 HOLD
Cromartie High School Vol. #07 GRAB
Crossroad Vol. #04 HOLD
Lovely Sick Vol. #01 HOLD
Tenshi Ja Nai!! Vol. #04 HOLD

Anyone else, feel free to contradict or agree with my findings. Its what the guy is looking for

Also ask the same question on http://www.neomag.co.uk - you will get a lot more responses, many of them ill-informed, but I think getting a large spread of opinion and interest is more important than ridiculously comprehensive haven't-got-anything-better-to-do ones like mine.

Thankees for your comment it really helped alot ^_^ We actully had 2 copys of FMA 8 and Tsubasa arrive today along with a copy of Genshiken 6 and Lovless 2 :3

Back