WASSUP!

Various subjects, you say?
How excellent this is. Let me provide for you a brief discourse on the defensive behaviour of the Japanese Honeybee (Apis cerana japonica).

Unlike other members of the Apis genus, these bees lack a sting. Their means of protection from predators is somewhat innovative. Upon being attacked by hornets, by which I mean Vespa simillima xanthoptera in this case, they will engulf the invaders in a large mass of their own bodies. By simultaneously vibrating their bodily muscles they raise the temperature within the centre of such a mass, thereby slowly killing the threat. Of course, this comes at the expense of fellow bees within the centre of the ball, but this is but a minor loss to the hive as a whole.

Here is an image of such a phenomenon:

bee-ball.jpg

I look forward to other things upon which we can converse. I welcome thee.

Welcome to Anime News UK (is the short version AniUK?). I'm new here myself, but the conversation seems great so far. Hope to see you posting around.

VivisQueen said:
Welcome to Anime News UK (is the short version AniUK?). I'm new here myself, but the conversation seems great so far. Hope to see you posting around.

AUKN ;)

Welcome to the forums, which shows have you seen?

The demands have been made! Your safety will be determined when all of them have been met. There is no plan for your release!
This is a hostile take-over! ;)

BTW, welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay. :)

Welcome to AUKN! Please do tell us more about yourself, what anime you like, manga, hobbies etc. It helps with the bonding process.....

Back