What did you BUY today?

Joshawott said:
At least it doesn't have the same name as my uncle's dog...it's a cockapoo (who the hell named it?!). A cocker spaniel-poodle mix. My cocker spaniel's vet hates that crossbreed.

I hate that name too, but does the vet hate them for any other reason? One of my friends has a cocker spaniel-poodle cross and he's an absolutely adorable creature, I could play with him for hours!

R

Rui said:
Joshawott said:
At least it doesn't have the same name as my uncle's dog...it's a cockapoo (who the hell named it?!). A cocker spaniel-poodle mix. My cocker spaniel's vet hates that crossbreed.

I hate that name too, but does the vet hate them for any other reason? One of my friends has a cocker spaniel-poodle cross and he's an absolutely adorable creature, I could play with him for hours!

R
I think it's because he thinks the personalities of a cocker spaniel and a poodle are incompatible. Like, you get the snootiness of the poodle mixed with the energy and general bounciness of a cocker spaniel.

Cocker spaniels are the best breeds of dogs though. Mine is 11 and still acts like a puppy at times. Such loyal dogs too.

Joshawott said:
I think it's because he thinks the personalities of a cocker spaniel and a poodle are incompatible. Like, you get the snootiness of the poodle mixed with the energy and general bounciness of a cocker spaniel.

Ah so it's just his personal view. Ok then :) though my friend's dog is definitely more cocker spaniel than poodle in personality. My absolute favourites are border collies though...

On topic I ordered the Athrun Zala G.E.M. to join my growing harem of Ishida Akira-voiced character G.E.M. figures. I'm weak.

R

Joshawott said:

A cockapoo. Lol. I really hope someone in the naming department got fired for that.

Anyway...

A 51" 3D Plasma Smart TV...Oh yea, I'm splashing out on the goods now. I'm single ladies. ;D

Due to the wonders of theatrhythm I thought to myself 'wow I really do like this here FF music, let's have another bash at getting Distant Worlds tickets'. So I rang up the Albert Hall box office and they had one single ticket left (a return from someone who has membership). Hooray :)

Just a shame I'll be sat on my own this year!

ordered/preordered some blu-rays,
Tetsuo: The Iron Man/Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer (Steelbook)
Lady Snowblood / Lady Snowblood 2 Limited Edition (SteelBook)
The Thing (Steelbook)

A David Lynch film collection:

Blue Velvet
Dune
Eraserhead
Lost Highway
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Wild at Heart

Also: Flatliners & Twelve Monkeys in a collection, and Blade Runner on Blu-Ray.

Was also searching for Angel Beats, but alas, not one sniff of it anywhere in Reading.

Max Takeshi said:
A David Lynch film collection:

Blue Velvet
Dune
Eraserhead
Lost Highway
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Wild at Heart
Uh, it's not this one is it? Don't like to be the bearer of bad news but... as you can see from the ratings that's supposed to be a bit ****. I love Lynch but there's no way I'm buying that until someone tells me the issues have been fixed.

ayase said:
Uh, it's not this one is it? Don't like to be the bearer of bad news but... as you can see from the ratings that's supposed to be a bit ****. I love Lynch but there's no way I'm buying that until someone tells me the issues have been fixed.

Oh :(

Just checked Lost Highway (in a stealthy way) and some are reporting problems that it skips/freezes for five minutes at 1:23:36... mine was fine. So I guess (hope) it's one that slipped through the 'Crap Control' net.

Haven't checked any others, will report back.

EDIT: Seems most groaning on the net is about the Blu-Ray boxset, I got the dvd one, so there's still hope.

Back