What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received one Blu-ray set from Crunchyroll today; they finally started shipping these out on Monday - so much later than when you all got yours in the UK...

But, I thought it was called A Place Further than the Corner Convenience Store... 🤔 ;)

A Place Further than the Universe Collector's Edition

placefurtherce2.jpg

placefurtherce.jpg

I recently used Stackry to consolidate around ten parcels which arrived today:

IMG_9442.jpeg
Firstly, we have four titles from the Crunchyroll store that I purchased owing to the OOP nature of the Discotek titles and concerns for Nozomi titles also not being reprinted under the new regime.

IMG_9440.jpeg
IMG_9439.jpeg
We then have some eBay purchases focused on Xbox and Xbox 360 titles, custom GTA Xbox cases and also some films. The custom cases are very nice in-hand, and align with the San Andreas release pretty well. (Side note: this version of the game is awful and I got it very cheaply.)

IMG_9443.jpeg
IMG_9444.jpeg

I also purchased a selection of films from Grindhouse Video, who are a very reputable store (and used to post to the UK but sadly no longer do.) This order comprised of the Men Behind the Sun trilogy from Massacre Video (there was meant to be a 4K release but the source material just wasn’t in good enough shape) and the recent James Cameron waxwork Disney 4Ks of Aliens, The Abyss, and True Lies. These were more reasonably priced here than elsewhere where scalpers are going nuts for The Abyss in particular.

I opted for the upper tier of protective packaging and it cost around £70 to post all of this to the UK which still saved a small fortune compared to individual shipments. I’ll be using Stackry again soon for some Disney home media purchases and (if stock comes in) some more releases from Massacre Video.

Last edited:
A number of items which arrived / bought throughout the week.

I've owned KH3 for a bit but didn't want to start there of course. I did play my Brother's copies of KH1 and 2 on the PS2 when I was younger but never got far in them so will be good to finally play through the series proper.

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars (LE) (BD / DVD), InuYasha (S2) (CE) (BD), Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX & 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4) and Chitose Is in the Ramune Bottle (Manga) - Vol. 2 - 3

1000000627.jpg

Last edited:
2024 HAUL - MAY CHAPTER: BATCH #2

Another batch of items throughout the week. There's going to be even more during the latter half of the month so look forward to those turning up (one package has been delayed to June).

The Shape of Night - 07.jpg

Last Wednesday I received the second season of InuYasha, or to be more accurate the second collection of episodes. It's been two years since I bought the first set and it's good to see some progress being made, so hopefully more get released throughout the next 12-18 months.

Like before this one is also authored by VDMS so we don't have Viz assets. Disc 5 wraps up Season 1 of the series in Japan's layout of the releases. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Gundam Build Fighters Try - 08.jpg

Yesterday I received Gundam Build Fighters Try Part 2 which finally wraps up the second Build Fighters series. Like the first series VDMS authored the discs for UK & France and keeps the same assets from Nozomi's release including the Asian English dub. Now just watch Anime Limited release a complete series collection in the next few months because why not. Still silly how they handled this series. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Manga Haul 4.jpg

An unplanned trip to town again today thanks to a Uni friend wanting to hang out. In Travelling Man I picked up three Viz Media volumes since I didn't want to spend too much and went with Chainsaw Man volume 15, Frieren: Beyond Journey's End volume 10 and MASHLE: MAGIC & MUSCLES volume 15. I noticed Viz increased the prices of the volumes so it's now £8.99 each.

Return to Seoul 1.jpg

In CeX I saw a copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the PlayStation 3 last week and I didn't pick it up. After a while I decided to go for it since I knew it was a well received racer for the platform. There wasn't any other PS3 games available that had my interest so for now it's just this one.

I might look around and see if there's any that catch my interest but I don't want to pick a game up for the sake of it (for instance I saw Cross Edge and Trinity Universe in town but passed on both as I knew they were very outdated on its gameplay setup).

View attachment 34216

In CeX I saw a copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for the PlayStation 3 last week and I didn't pick it up. After a while I decided to go for it since I knew it was a well received racer for the platform. There wasn't any other PS3 games available that had my interest so for now it's just this one.

I might look around and see if there's any that catch my interest but I don't want to pick a game up for the sake of it (for instance I saw Cross Edge and Trinity Universe in town but passed on both as I knew they were very outdated on its gameplay setup).

Good choice on going for it, definitely the best out of the three Sonic & All-Stars Racing games, especially if you're a fan of SEGA properties along with some fun (and odd) guest characters (NASCAR racer Danica Patrick anyone).

It'd be nice if we had a new entry which went back to the crossover aspect as Team Sonic Racing was purely a Sonic game, then we could see Like A Dragon and SMT / Persona characters.

Last edited:
Back