What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Honestly, having a 4K set really doesnt make that much of a difference to blu-ray/1080p streams, end of the day it's still just displaying a 1080p picture but in this instance on a much larger set.

While it doesn't make that much of a difference. By the time I have my own place 4K TVs will be pretty much the standard I think, and the price of a good 4K TV is getting lower each year. Better to invest for the future.

Honestly, having a 4K set really doesnt make that much of a difference to blu-ray/1080p streams, end of the day it's still just displaying a 1080p picture but in this instance on a much larger set.
I agree, 4K doesn't really add anything when watching anime (regardless if you watch BDs or just streaming content). What does work wonders IMO is a set that can handle 120Hz and 5:5 pulldown (or some other multiple of 24). This will make panning shots so much nicer without resorting to interpolation.

On the other hand, there are folks who like there anime "smooth" with fake frames inserted inbetween. In that case a set that can handle 120Hz is also the way to go.

Received my order from Rightstuf.
4RAWlXR.jpg

On the other hand, there are folks who like there anime "smooth" with fake frames inserted inbetween. In that case a set that can handle 120Hz is also the way to go.
Urgh, reminds me of those "60FPS anime" videos you'd see occasionally pop up on Reddit and the like. They always look like utter shite, so many interpolation artefacts.

31919349656_becdcf21d7_b.jpg

Blue Exorcist's box got a little crushed on the top left corner, but that's Zavvi for you. At least they sent UBW in a box.

With this last Bleach purchase, it's finally all over. I own it all!

31919602216_7d2286bac4_b.jpg

Those spines.

9 is the one that annoys me the most, luckily I have all my Bleach DVDs double/triple stacked as I'm low on space until I build my other unit up so I don't have to look at them for now..... As a sidenote, you're totally gonna finish Bleach before me, aren't you? :p

9 is the one that annoys me the most, luckily I have all my Bleach DVDs double/triple stacked as I'm low on space until I build my other unit up so I don't have to look at them for now..... As a sidenote, you're totally gonna finish Bleach before me, aren't you? :p

We'll see! I'm really finding it hard to start watching again, knowing that Series 15 is a filler season.

Arslan Senki Season 1 Part 2 from Zavvi has arrived today. Most probably the last one for 2016, or Zoom might surprise me and tomorrow Seraph of the End Part 2 arrives ... i hope.

1k0.jpg

We'll see! I'm really finding it hard to start watching again, knowing that Series 15 is a filler season.
Yeah I know what you mean, I have one more series to go and I just can't find the motivation to actually watch it at this point, even though it's not filler (I don't think it is anyway....). What I will say is I quite liked the Invading Army arc, as far as Bleach filler goes it's certainly not the worst anyway.

The new set of upgrades for the "new" computer which have already been installed and are working wonderfully (at least the noise from the crappy PSU that was in it has now gone).

Well my 3DS arrived via DPD, apparently they've sent the game by Royal Mail :s like why would you split an order like that rather than just sending it all in one delivery? Twats. I picked the SD card and charger (apparently getting an official one is harder than you would think, but this should do) up yesterday.

jinyi4ql.jpg

Hopefully Royal Mail come through and I get the game sooner rather than later.

*Edit*

Speak of the devil. I haven't played a Pokemon game since red, blue and yellow (I played some of the next one but that's when I got off the Pokemon train) so this should be interesting....

JR71pxcl.jpg

Last edited:
Well since the UK release has gone AWOL, I've gone for the Aussie release of The Boy and the Beast.
3Y11Qboh.jpg

Luckily an Amazon marketplace seller based in Germany was selling it for just under £20. Gotta make use of the single market while we still can!

finally got my JoJo dvds after going missing then had to wait the 45 days waiting time and then filling in a missing parcel form in writing, you'd think in this day and age rightstuf would use a digital form,
also couple of animelimited blurays
and also after wanting 1 for years got a cardcaptor sakura wand after seeing that the new version interacts with the cards with sakura's voice it was a instant buy, so now need to buy a set of the cards to go with it
IMG_20161230_143651.jpgIMG_20161230_143711.jpg

Back