What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

New arrivals!

Dok-Ero-Ark-SAOConquest.jpg
Nice pickup there with Arknights. Very cool of them to include English subs. Been planning on getting that one for a while now. Just waiting on some other releases to show up so I can make a bulk order through Mandarake. Was that the regular or special edition? Definitely recommend listening to the soundtrack CD if it's the latter.

Nice pickup there with Arknights. Very cool of them to include English subs. Been planning on getting that one for a while now. Just waiting on some other releases to show up so I can make a bulk order through Mandarake. Was that the regular or special edition? Definitely recommend listening to the soundtrack CD if it's the latter.
Regular Edition. It was significantly cheaper since a lot of people were just interested in the serial code then sold off the otherwise untouched box set. I couldn't justify paying another 10,000 yen just for the extras, of which only the soundtrack was really nice.

Regular Edition. It was significantly cheaper since a lot of people were just interested in the serial code then sold off the otherwise untouched box set. I couldn't justify paying another 10,000 yen just for the extras, of which only the soundtrack was really nice.
Yeah that's fair. I'm thinking of going for the regular edition as well. At least the soundtrack's available through Monster Siren Records and all the usual streaming services.

Vividred Operation is a favourite anime of mine.
It's one of my favorites as well. Unfortunately the DVD Aniplex of America version bombed hard so we're almost certainly never seeing the BD version that was released in Japan.

Luckily the price wasn't bad and it came with the store exclusive storage box, which I'm always a sucker for.

It's one of my favorites as well. Unfortunately the DVD Aniplex of America version bombed hard so we're almost certainly never seeing the BD version that was released in Japan.

Luckily the price wasn't bad and it came with the store exclusive storage box, which I'm always a sucker for.
Years ago, I sold my Australian DVD and almost immediately regretted it.
As soon as madman had a sale I bought it again.
Would look like the poor relation next to your set.

Long Riders
Girls and bikes

Dive!!
Guys in swimming trunks. I think the plot is to save the club someone has to qualify for Wimbledon. Or something.

Qwaser of Stigmata
Bit worried about this one but it plays on my regular Blu-ray player. It was $12.50. 🥳
It's a video to promote natural breast feeding, I think.

Attachments

• 16924396128831331734449615585194.jpg
    16924396128831331734449615585194.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 16924396540043516317171861219875.jpg
    16924396540043516317171861219875.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 16924396719175576250063568771045.jpg
    16924396719175576250063568771045.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 7
😡I was meant to receive a big parcel today but it looks like I won't be getting today and it was meant be delivered this morning between 9 and 10 and did see a royal mail van but it just went to the end of the cul-de-sac that I live in and turn round drove off.its nearly 3 o clock so it's a no show.

😡I was meant to receive a big parcel today but it looks like I won't be getting today and it was meant be delivered this morning between 9 and 10 and did see a royal mail van but it just went to the end of the cul-de-sac that I live in and turn round drove off.its nearly 3 o clock so it's a no show.
Bummer, especially on a Saturday.
The FedEx driver updated my tracking as business closed recently. News to me.
If the bosses give them too much just tell me, I'll understand.
Because I've been away, I'm only opening/watching my new stuff today after receiving it on Thursday.

2023 HAUL VER 8.5
(note: images are hosted via AUKN for the meantime)

IMG_20230817_180939.jpg

Last Friday I received Witch on the Holy Night, a visual novel for the Nintendo Switch. This is by Type-Moon and is a remake of the 2012 VN by the same folks. This isn't the first Type-Moon VN to be released officially in English (for instance many don't realise that Type-Moon wrote the CANAAN scenario in 428: Shibuya Scramble) but its the start of more with Tsukihime getting the English treatment at some point.

As you have probably noticed, this is the Japanese version because Aniplex published the North American physical copies which are out of print (PS4 copies seem to be around, but we're dealing with Aniplex USA here). Fortunately the Japanese version does include English support.

You may have also noticed it's on Switch than PS4 for my shelf. After experiencing a burn-in moment with one of my VNs (because OLED), I decided VNs would be more suited for the Switch going forward.

IMG_20230818_175233.jpg

And yes I do have a Nintendo Switch, but the only game I've finished is Super Mario 64 (ironically) as I'm currently wanting to focus on my PlayStation backlog more. More Switch games are on the way, especially given the rumours of the next Nintendo console supposedly planned to be released in 2024.

Last Friday I received Witch on the Holy Night, a visual novel for the Nintendo Switch. This is by Type-Moon and is a remake of the 2012 VN by the same folks. This isn't the first Type-Moon VN to be released officially in English (for instance many don't realise that Type-Moon wrote the CANAAN scenario in 428: Shibuya Scramble) but its the start of more with Tsukihime getting the English treatment at some point.

As you have probably noticed, this is the Japanese version because Aniplex published the North American physical copies which are out of print (PS4 copies seem to be around, but we're dealing with Aniplex USA here). Fortunately the Japanese version does include English support.

Interesting, I didn't know that game had English support, onto the wishlist (witchlist?) it goes.
I've been collecting Switch VNs for a while now and it's frustrating trying to figure out which JP released ones have English language support.
e.g. I bought the following over the last month or so, the first 2 have a symbol on the front cover saying they have dual language support yet the Grisaia one only mentions it on the back, and most stores don't screenshot the back.

IMG_20230820_092846.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230820_092846.jpg
    IMG_20230820_092846.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 0
Interesting, I didn't know that game had English support, onto the wishlist (witchlist?) it goes.
I've been collecting Switch VNs for a while now and it's frustrating trying to figure out which JP released ones have English language support.
e.g. I bought the following over the last month or so, the first 2 have a symbol on the front cover saying they have dual language support yet the Grisaia one only mentions it on the back, and most stores don't screenshot the back.
Yeah it can be fairly confusing to know which is which.

To my knowledge the VNs that have English are Akai Ito & Aoi Shiro Collection, The Centennial Case: A Shijima's Story, Clannad, Clannad: Side Stories, Disaster Detective Saiga, The Fox Awaits Me, Grisaia Trilogy, Grisaia: Phantom Trigger 01-05 & 05.5-08, Harmony, Island, Little Busters, My Girlfriend is a Mermaid, Return to Shironagasu Island and Tomoyo After. There's also various Otome games that have English support in Japan but the list and names are hard to keep track of.

Back