What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMG_20231109_180858.jpg

This was one of my favourite shows back in the 90s. I'm curious to see if it's aged well. I was holding out for a BD release, but that seems unlikely to happen at this point. I imagine it has the common 90s issue of having been shot on film but edited on video.

The DVD set for this series originally contained the separate seasons sets, but the one I received turned out to be a budget reissue. It's a type of DVD case I've never seen before, with double-sided trays on each side and two discs stacked on each spoke. It might be the most awkward disc arrangement I've ever seen.

IMG_20231109_180929.jpg

Just from Amazon US, but I think they recently had a glitch in their delivery estimates. So it released on November 7th and got an estimate of the 8th (which was changed to the 9th once shipped). But as they wanted to meet that estimate, they shipped with UPS (they usually do Pitney Bowes), still very fast from the US to Denmark. Think I got it before some US people, lol.
How well did they package it? I tend to avoid Amazon US for anything with an artbox or steelbook as invariably they arrive damaged due to insufficient packing material. But there aren't many other options atm :/

I received one Limited Edition box set from Rightstuf today, the fifth out of 11 items on my final pre-order from them. This release is one that has the box holding the art cards and other accessories external to the chipboard box. Sorry no purple carpet - the background in my photos this time around is my bedspread...

My Dress Up Darling Limited Edition

mydressuple1.jpg

mydressuple2.jpg

mydressuple3.jpg
mydressuple4.jpg

Taking pics of anime on top of your bed is part of the quintessential anime enjoyer experience, anyway 🛏️

Well, I can't easily get down the stairs to my basement theater room quite yet after my second knee replacement surgery to take my normal purple carpet photos, so I temporarily have to take them wherever I can upstairs, so it's either on the sofa or my bed. My bedspread is a little too "busy" to use as a background for taking photos on though, lol. I'm also using my phone camera instead of my usual Panasonic digital camera which connects to my main computer downstairs, so the photos aren't quite as clear and sharp and the colors are a bit different. I should soon be able to navigate the stairs as my leg heals up more, and the purple carpet photos will return. :)

YWQI0j5 - Imgur.jpg
After I found out that I would need a DS4 connected to my PC to use the remote play application, I decided that instead of getting another controller I'd get a set of USB cables and a few more games (if which the other game I ordered is still in transit as it's coming from Italy).

Back