What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Just arrived from Nova media and Amazon

Blue Giant Regular/lenticular
English subs, Dolby atmos)

Frieren vol 10

Really happy with how this lenticular turned out, it’s pin sharp with great detail (nova don’t have the best reputation in this area). This is sold out now but you can still get the regular full slip from yukipalo.com if anyone’s interested.IMG_1799.jpegIMG_1800.jpegIMG_1807.jpeg

Last edited:
Never heard of Sonic Prime, any good?

It's okay, my least favourite Sonic animated series tbh (still need to watch the third season) but Shadow is great in it.

I got this for completionist sake plus with the AllYourMusic deal I basically got it for nothing.

Maybe check it out before buying if you're interested, isn't horrible by any means but a bit underwhelming compared to the other series (but that could also be nostalgia talking and that this is a kids show at the end of the day).

It's okay, my least favourite Sonic animated series tbh (still need to watch the third season) but Shadow is great in it.

I got this for completionist sake plus with the AllYourMusic deal I basically got it for nothing.

Maybe check it out before buying if you're interested, isn't horrible by any means but a bit underwhelming compared to the other series (but that could also be nostalgia talking and that this is a kids show at the end of the day).

Cheers, might give it a watch when I have the chance. 👍

2024 HAUL - APRIL CHAPTER: BATCH #2

Another batch of packages and an upgrade for the collection.

The Bounty Hunter Trilogy - 10.jpg

Since the start of the year I had noticed that my PlayStation 5 DualSense controller was experiencing drifting issues, which was annoying. While I did manage to temporarily resolve it, it came back in full force during my playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII and it made the experience really dreadful.

So I decided to get a new controller, and went with the Cyan colour which looks cool.

Burst Angel - 07.jpg

Next we have another MVM Entertainment release, once again thanks to their Deal of the Week offer. It looks like MVM is going through their Gonzo Blu-ray upgrade titles in the offer, so this was a great opportunity for me to finally get a hold of Samurai 7 and its collector's edition Blu-ray release. Similar to Burst Angel, MVM re-used the artwork from the old Funimation releases which I'm perfectly fine with. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

I have Trinity Blood ordered so expect that to appear in the coming days, and hopefully they round it off with Witchblade.

The Inspector Wears Skirts II - 5.jpg
River 1.jpg

Yesterday I went to town before watching Civil War at my local IMAX Cineworld. While I didn't find much of interest, I did decide to pick up some more Blue Exorcist manga volumes because this series has been out of stock constantly over the years (more specifically its first half of the current volumes available). Here we have Volumes 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13, as they did not have Volume 8 available in the store.

These are the Italian prints much like my copies for Volumes 5 & 6 but it's between that or none at all.

New Shelf Comparison 1.jpgNew Shelf Comparison 4.jpg

Next we have an update to my collection. This morning IKEA delivered my new Billy Bookcase shelves in white colour format as they were the only ones available online for order. It was also on offer which was handy and while I was concerned about the price and condition, it actually looks really good after setting everything up.

So the goal here was to finally replace the old bookshelf placed on the corner of my room covering the games. This was the same shelf that was initially used for the light novels and manga but it was never supposed to be a long-term solution. It just took many months longer than I had wanted and now was finally the opportunity to get it out of the way.

There was enough room to have both a main shelf and a half-shelf. You can see a comparison above. There will be stacking involved (i.e. a game in front of a game) which I'm fine with.

Finally found another Lupin VHS for the collection, I only need two more and then I'll have all the Lupin titles released on VHS in the UK, those being Harimao's Treasure and Twilight Gemini released by MVM (they're the same as their DVD releases which I also own).

Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon (VHS)

1000000240.jpg

1000000242.jpg

2024 HAUL - APRIL CHAPTER: BATCH #3

The Bounty Hunter Trilogy - 10.jpg

The days have gotten light enough for me to take photos after work now! And here is perhaps the weirdest release I've seen in a while.

Venus Wars is now finally back in the print and on Blu-ray! And where do I begin with this.

The packaging has fewer pieces of artwork than the Sentai release which is a shame, and while the booklet is filled with content it is missing the manga portion included in the Sentai limited edition. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

But hey at least we got the disc right?

I put the disc in and I don't get the usual Sentai logos, instead after the Anime Limited logo popped up, I see Eastern Star's logo instead.

Dmqxd3U4_400x400.jpg

Yep that's right - this 2024 UK Blu-ray release is using the 2015 US Discotek Media masters instead, which is based on an older HD transfer of the film and has the classic Manga Entertainment dub. So if you're expecting the same as the 2021 Sentai Filmworks release that used a newer HD master and their own English dub, you're not getting that here, which is pretty funny considering the packaging almost resembles the newer master and Sentai assets but the disc slaps you back to an older version.

Now this is a pretty big deal in which the classic English dub is now available once again as the Discotek release has been out of print for a long time, but still this is an oddity.

Back