What do you want from your Animeuknews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
As i'm sure you're aware, myself and Arbalest have taken over the news sections since Paul stood down, and over the last week or so, we've been discussing how to make AUKN more active on the news front.

Ofc we're still going to bring you the classics:

General UK anime news
Conventions
TV Changes

As well as world wide news that would be of general interest

Licences
New Anime Titles
and much more.

However lets face it, we're not AnimeNewsNetwork, we're not even going to try compete with them.

Then it occured to me. Instead of thinking what else we need to post, Ask what news people want to know about.

So here we go. Feel free to post your suggestions (realisticly possible ones though please ;) ) about what kind of news you'd like to see us report on

some examples of items we vaguly mention that we could focus on are video games and music CD's

the only rule is it must have something to do with anime.

Look forward to some good responses ;)

I like the idea of commenting on the video games. It's something I frequently **** up with. Il think of something though and post it here later.

What news do you Want from your Animeuknews?

Seems your doing a great job, and its much appreciated.

Just keep up the good work.

Can't think of anything else you can do really, maybe try and get some exclusive interviews like UK Anime.net, if that's possible.

I'm happy with significant music and gaming news being posted, so long as it's relevant to [UK] anime fans. Just because dub news is popular doesn't mean topics of interest to sub fans (like original music and major seiyuu news) should be completely blocked off.

News of less time sensitive nature could be compiled into a monthly gaming note or something if it gets too much, to avoid drowning out the UK industry news, perhaps? Though this relies on the UK industry talking to us a bit more from now on!

I'll hush up now as I already aired my thoughts before ;)

R

Ok, here, my ideas are the best:

In new releases, try to stick more to releases that come with extras, and which extras (and maybe pictures). Most of the time I'll be more tempted to buy anime if it comes in a limited edition (make people aware when limited things are released) set.

Interviews. That other, dead anime forum, got two interviews with MVM and Manga. Try get some interviews and instead of reporting other peoples interviews report your own.

Anime games, jRPGs, Japanese beat 'em ups, etc. Talk about new video games that are being released in the uk; Also maybe a bit about other non-anime games but might interest anime fans (stuff like resident evil, devil may cry, etc.).

Oh, and also, if there is a new dvd release; Maybe a link to buy it on play.com or amazon? And don't forget pictures!

Give me a monthly podcast of the latest news for UK anime industry and anime in the UK in general.

The gaming section doesn't need an expansion, it just needs people to play more games instead of GTA, Call of Duty and Final Fantasy Y.

Interviews with people within the UK industry would be cool though, would like to see one with the Beez rep.

Can't the anime news part be the actual homepage?, on which links to another similar news page that discusses UK/JPN gaming. We don't even have a music sub-forum, so I don't think we need anything amazing about that done.

I wouldn't mind a chat area being plugged. I haven't been on the IRC in about six months, and I assume its dead but not long after I joined I quite enjoyed talking to a lot of y'all here and would love for there to be a active conversation most of the time with people here. I suppose community-type things (i.e. Lupus' Podcast idea [There was a JYB interview once upon a time]; There used to be a comic, no?).

That Nakama Britannica Blog - Advertise that!

Lupus Inu said:
I support music sub-forum, sounds like a great idea, actually.

Just to note, we aren't talking forums here. The forums we can deal with later(though i'd second a music sub-forum if asked :p), its primarily what news would you want instead, we just feel that we need a better idea at what the UK community wants than just putting forward things we may assume is interesting which turns out isn't.

Yeahh! Bring back IRC! I'm online on it 24/7, haven't visited #animeuknews in a while though because there has been no one in it lately ;_;

I too agree with the music forum idea!

Lupus hit the nail on the head.

Podcast would be BRILLIANT

Music Sub Forum would be brilliant

And as Jayme said, if we advertise IRC more, it'd be great. I used to spend hours talking to Arbalest, Jayme, Yagami and anyone else who popped in. Its always dead now though =/

Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:
Music Sub Forum would be brilliant
I could see us doing the podcast ;)

"NOW WEEEELCOME TO THE WELSH AUKN PODCAST WITH MAAAALTOS, SPYRO AAAAAND DRAAAAACOS"
Funnily enough, the podcast is something we wanted to do again for a while. I even thought about one part of the show called "Anime with an accent" where I would say a few words =)

Well if enough people want the IRC channel back i suppose i could try sort something out again.

might be a good time to bring back the radio again soon too :p

Radio? Explain :x

Is it like you talk and review anime and news but then have a dj bot or something playing anime soundtracks and op's all day? That would be quite cool tbh!

Man, It's been long, but the editing notice on my other post has reminded me and I realise this has turned into an general improvement thread now, but...

Have you lot discussed the possibility of returning Signatures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back