What Games Are You Playing?

Still playing Persona 4 ... almost 70 hours in, looks like it should be finishing up pretty soon though. I am enjoying the game, but it honestly feels as thought it's dragging a bit. The story has become more interesting though, and the battle system is really great. The social sim aspect is fun, but it puts too much stress on the player to choose the right things to say, the right days on which to meet up with someone, etc. Same goes for the exams at school. Still, overall, a very, very good RPG!

After finishing Atelier Rorona (I'd give it a fair 6/10). I have finally started 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors after having it for a very long time. Already finished my first playthrough...

The submarine ending... don't know if the endings are predetermined in what order you get them, but this seems like the worst of the worst possible outcomes. Also I've been skeptical that The 9th Man died at all throughout the entire thing (and Snake).

Now onto the second play and they really should've let you start when you go through the first numbered door, and not at the very beginning.

CitizenGeek said:
Still playing Persona 4 ... almost 70 hours in, looks like it should be finishing up pretty soon though.

Unless you get the killer's identity correct when asked, if you do, then it goes on... (That's no spoiler, btw).

Last edited by a moderator:
Got back into playing Pokemon Black. Trying to breed myself a good Dreamworld ability Eevee. Also got a shiny Giritina and Ambipom from a trade ^_^

Back into persona 3. 19 hours in. LOOOOOONG slog ahead of me. Well not slog because I enjoy it, but P3 isn;t a game I can play for long periods of time, so it will be torturous progress.

Max Takeshi said:
Unless you get the killer's identity correct when asked, if you do, then it goes on... (That's no spoiler, btw).

Yeah, just got to that part earlier today. Such a ridculous thing to do. You basically have to work out the mystery with virtually no clues whatsoever, or else you miss out on the rest of the game. Basically requires a guide. Bad design. Love the game, but that stunt is unnecessary. I mean, how many people have played the game and chosen that option (the one that is the most obvious) and missed out on the last part of the game?

Max Takeshi said:
After finishing Atelier Rorona (I'd give it a fair 6/10).
That's what I'd give it as well. It's a charming game but the combat and alchemy are overly simple and you never really get a sense of exploration or foraging because all the ingredients are just THERE, with great big stars above them.

I have finally started 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors after having it for a very long time. Already finished my first playthrough...

The submarine ending... don't know if the endings are predetermined in what order you get them, but this seems like the worst of the worst possible outcomes. Also I've been skeptical that The 9th Man died at all throughout the entire thing (and Snake).

Now onto the second play and they really should've let you start when you go through the first numbered door, and not at the very beginning.
Love that game. The order in which you get the endings isn't predetermined, but in order to get the best ending you will need to get another specific ending first. It might be worth using a walkthrough if you get stuck.

You can at least skip text during subsequent playthroughs, though doing all the puzzles again is a bit annoying. On the one hand I like having multiple endings, but on the other it means that your first playthrough, which tends to be the most exciting, will likely finish with a bad ending. And while it's impossible to see and do everything on your first run, there will be repetition, and that's never all that much fun.

fabricatedlunatic said:
That's what I'd give it as well. It's a charming game but the combat and alchemy are overly simple and you never really get a sense of exploration or foraging because all the ingredients are just THERE, with great big stars above them.

Same. Very charming, and I did feel quite endeared to Rorona herself by the end, but some things didn't stack up, sadly. Getting the Astrid ending made it not feel like a huge waste of time.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Love that game. The order in which you get the endings isn't predetermined, but in order to get the best ending you will need to get another specific ending first. It might be worth using a walkthrough if you get stuck.

You can at least skip text during subsequent playthroughs, though doing all the puzzles again is a bit annoying. On the one hand I like having multiple endings, but on the other it means that your first playthrough, which tends to be the most exciting, will likely finish with a bad ending. And while it's impossible to see and do everything on your first run, there will be repetition, and that's never all that much fun.

That was my fear. It helps that text is blacked out on the other playthroughs, but a 'Specific ending' needing a walkthrough? Sounds ominous.

Max Takeshi said:
That was my fear. It helps that text is blacked out on the other playthroughs, but a 'Specific ending' needing a walkthrough? Sounds ominous.
You might not need a walkthrough, and obviously I'd advise not using one unless you get stuck. If you do there's a flowchart on GameFAQs which clearly illustrates how to get each ending.

Hotel Dusk on the DS

Played about an hour on the bus so far. Not a fan of the controls, but I like the atmosphere of this game. I like the general feel of this game so far; still waiting for the story to kinda... get introduced? Feels like it'll be good though ^.^

fabricatedlunatic said:
You might not need a walkthrough, and obviously I'd advise not using one unless you get stuck. If you do there's a flowchart on GameFAQs which clearly illustrates how to get each ending.

Going to have to take a look, just got four of the six endings...

Submarine, banging on the coffin, knife in the back, and psycho Clover (best one).

Beats me how to get any of the others!

Shirayuri said:
Hotel Dusk on the DS

Played about an hour on the bus so far. Not a fan of the controls, but I like the atmosphere of this game. I like the general feel of this game so far; still waiting for the story to kinda... get introduced? Feels like it'll be good though ^.^

As far as I'm concerned it never does. I found the story kinda dull and the end leaves a massive plot thread a-dangling, which was the only thread I was interested in. I liked the style but not enough happens.

Also one of the last puzzle rooms requires you do the stuff in a very specific order or you die, with no indication of the order it should be done in nor the order having any logical bearing on the outcome.

Bought FF:IX again since my old copy is long gone and been replaying that, on disc 3 at the moment, really enjoying it, I was really quite bad at this game as a child.

Am finally on the way to the True Ending in 999. Initial playthrough was excellent, later ones dulled by repetition, but the new snippets of story that flowed through the different outcomes were very engrossing.

Gonna be a hard one to give a score to.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Also one of the last puzzle rooms requires you do the stuff in a very specific order or you die, with no indication of the order it should be done in nor the order having any logical bearing on the outcome.

This. Despised that part.

Playing New Vegas, does anyone else think this is a lot harder than Fallout 3? Currently playing it on Normal and I'm struggling quite a bit compared to it's predescessor

Finished 999. Quality game, but the repetition hurt it. Think it deserves 8/10 for being so compulsive at its best.

Started Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri: Kakera Asobi. Everything is so funny, cheerful and jolly at the moment (with some really lovely music), which means things are going to be really hard to take in when the 'Bad Stuff' begins.

Max Takeshi said:
Finished 999. Quality game, but the repetition hurt it. Think it deserves 8/10 for being so compulsive at its best.

I utterly adored this and agree with your score. It just seemed to arrive devoid of any hype and turned out to be a very solid story that was entertaining and engaging. Although by my 3rd or 4th playthrough I just wished I could skip that damn tutorial puzzle!

Found an hour to start up on Catherine...Oh man I need to be more awake for this. A few stupid deaths on one of the very early block levels (completely my own fault) makes me think this might be a bit more challenging then I suspected. Seems solid so far though with the voice acting being pretty good.

Back