What Games Are You Playing?

Excellent list @João Gomes - I liked Somerville for what it was, a fairly short Inside a-like, but it wasn't as good as Inside for me.

I need to do GoW Valhalla at some point, I have it ready to go, I heard it was fairly short but good as well.

Life is Strange is a fun series I've liked them, you'll be pleased to hear that LiS2 is somewhat different in the type of story it tells. True Colours was good but I liked it's hipster mountaineer setting. The scenery was very nice to look at.

LiS2 s a lot more journey driven, but yeah take a break, and get back into it is a good idea :)

I can't say I've seen much on Midnight Suns, but anything Marvel lately has felt mostly flat, maybe with the exception of Spiderman 2 which was good (if bug ridden).

Happy to hear about LiS, thanks!

Out of the Marvel games I’ve played in the last few years, I think the most disappointing one was The Avengers. I share in the the common sentiment of “it should have just been a regular action-adventure game”. I think that game had really cool setpieces but playing it was so boring.

Spiderman 2 is one of those cases where I started convincing myself I did not need to get it day 1 but when reviews started coming out, I took notice. That kind of warped my expectations and I was really bummed with it being so derivative overall, as I said earlier in the thread. Had no drive to do anything beyond the main story. The Wolverine footage that’s out there makes it feel more focused.

Otherwise, I’ve really liked both Insomniac SM games as well as Guardians of the Galaxy (great on all fronts except for gameplay which is mostly just OK). I always admire it when writers have a setting where the end of the universe is the limit but they just end up telling a simple story with relatable characters making the most of the setting. Delightful.

Real quick recommendation: if you have Ghostwire Tokyo and somehow haven’t played it since the Spider Thread update, do so for the couple of new missions taking place in a school. There is a (small) part in there that is extremely effective. Diapers recommended.

Hogwarts Legacy
This was a good one to play over Christmas. It makes a solid first impression with its depiction of Hogwarts itself, a sprawling labyrinth of a school that's filled with quests and environmental puzzles, every inch of it lovingly detailed with whimsical charm. For the simple pleasure of just exploring a place without necessarily following quest markers, it might be one of the all-time great game locations, and that's coming from someone who only has a casual interest in the movies (and hasn't read the books...).

The good impression carries over to the introduction to the quirky professors who teach you various spells and skills, and the handful of classmates who turn out to have lengthy questlines. Once you venture outside the school, there's a reasonably-sized open world to explore. Again, everything starts well, from the dynamic combat that evolves through the early part of the game to the various puzzles and quests you can encounter.

There are a couple of problems though. First, the main villain is one-dimensional and boring. Rather than fleshing out this goblin warmonger, the main questline makes the bizarre decision to spend most of its time having you uncover the secrets of a different (and far more interesting) character...who you never meet. Second, repetition starts to set in after a while. Most environmental puzzles are just copy-pasted versions of the same handful of basic ideas. In combat, your arsenal of spells keeps growing up to the game's mid-point, but the actual mechanics never develop further after the first few hours, and there aren't enough enemy types. Late-game difficulty is increased by just throwing larger groups of enemies at you, which can get annoying in places because you have few crowd control options, with combat being focused on executing lengthy juggle combos on one enemy at a time.

A more minor niggle is the degree of hypocrisy throughout the game. In one questline a character's life is ruined when he resorts to the killing curse; in another questline, a supposedly 'good' character uses the killing curse and it passes without comment or consequence. Meanwhile the player racks up a bodycount of hundreds of dark wizards and goblins, but that's apparently fine because you burn them to death or throw them off cliffs instead of using unforgivable curses (and you can eventually learn those too, if you choose). Also, I know this game is set in the 19th Century, but it bothered me that no one so much as comments on the enslavement of house elves. You even have one at your beck and call, which seemed ill-judged.

The strongest late-game content is those classmate sidequests, one of which in particular is a tragic tale that's much better than the main quest. It also continues to be fun to explore, fly around on a broom, and combat remains good most of the time. It's just a shame it starts to wear thin through repetition by the time I'd done a significant chunk of side content and finished the main quest (about 40 hours). It was also annoying that it gates an end-of-school-year event (presumably an epilogue) behind a high level requirement that I would probably have needed to do another 10+ hours of sidequests and copy-pasted open world bloat to reach. It made for an unsatisfying end to a game that was a contender for my top 5 list for 2023 during its first 20-25 hours.

Completed recently:

Octopath 2
This felt very much like Octopath 1.5, if you've played the 1st one, it's an evolution of it, similar main mechanics here, not that it's a bad thing, it just doesn't evolve the genre much. There are some new things to do, and there was a pretty cool ending thing to do after all the main stories were done.

OST was as usual very good, and I quite like the 2.5D art that this type of game has, but I wish they'd tone down the blurring stuff a bit around the edges of your view. Voice acting was very good (I play this in Jpn audio with subs) and the story arcs for most characters were interesting, though naturally some were more interesting than others.

I disliked that you had to swap party members to be able to do the various actions each one had when using against townspeople. Gearing felt pretty meh in general, I wound up just clicking the auto-gear everyone option, because trying to juggle 8 characters and gear was not my idea of fun.

I'd like to have the ability to swap my party members around whenever I wanted without the need to visit a tavern, the current story character would probably need to be locked in but should be able to swap the other 3 around at will. Difficulty wise I found most encounters either way too easy, or too hard, as you run about and do story chapters, it can become difficult to strike the right balance for challenge as enemies don't scale with your level and your party can have unbalanced levels and such.

On the whole I enjoyed this one much like the 1st game.

FF7 Remake pt1 Intergrade
It's been ages since I played this, with Rebirth coming out soon I figured it wasn't a bad time to replay this one, and with Intergrade I can also do the Yuffie DLC.

This is still a great game I think, but it's not perfect. The game at times feels far too linear (something Rebirth looks like it will solve). Often I am stuck traversing through the same terrain a few times, and a lot of the routes you can go feel like corridors of a maze more than areas to explore.

Trying to min/max learning skills from weapons, and leveling materia isn't bad, but by the time you're almost done, the game is ending! I had the same issue in both the main game and the Yuffie DLC.

Speaking of, Yuffie DLC was new to me, and I enjoyed this one, I was sad it ended so soon because I was getting into it and enjoying the flow of this, in some ways more than the main game.

There are some reasons for this, but primarily:
  • Combat with Yuffie is more fun than with Cloud and the crew, the mobility of her throwing star thing allowing you to teleport about, along with her elemental infusion techniques and ninjutsu stuff she can do is a lot more engaging to play for me.
  • I enjoyed the Fort Condor mini-game a lot, and almost the first thing I did was running around finding people to play against. I beat all of them and became a grand-master in no time at all.
  • It was fun just having a stupid goal of getting materia, without the gravity of the concurrent main story that was going on, it was a bit more light-hearted.
  • I did the Soldier challenge and got 50K points, that took me a good couple of hours, a very hard challenge, but the gamer in me wouldn't admit defeat on that one so I kept at it until I got it.
Yuffie is a bit too "genki-girl" for me though, Tifa is still best girl by far.

I am awaiting releases of the following games:

Persona 3 Reload
FF7 Rebirth

Whilst I am waiting for these I am a little unsure what to do next. I am still playing Elden Ring (about 50 hours into my 1st run) but alongside that, I want something else to get stuck into. AC Valhalla is OK but it's a little samey, and I think Elden Ring is the better adventuring game, but I may flip back to it once I put that down.

I could try and get all of the endings on Triangle Strategy. I have not done them all.

I was considering playing the Trails games, but it's a very big commit, and some of those games are very old at this point, so am not sure if I want to commit the time to it, I also generally prefer newer games that have better graphics/quality of life (not that old games can't be good, but I just want the same sort of quality with great visuals!).

Also on my consideration list is the Xenoblade chronicle games, but for a similar reason (bit commit) I haven't started them yet.

Spiderman 2 is one of those cases where I started convincing myself I did not need to get it day 1 but when reviews started coming out, I took notice. That kind of warped my expectations and I was really bummed with it being so derivative overall, as I said earlier in the thread. Had no drive to do anything beyond the main story. The Wolverine footage that’s out there makes it feel more focused.

It was good but I am not a completionist either, I did all the main stuff and as much side stuff as I felt like, then chopped it in on resale. It felt like just another iteration of Spiderman mostly, but was still a decent game I think.

Real quick recommendation: if you have Ghostwire Tokyo and somehow haven’t played it since the Spider Thread update, do so for the couple of new missions taking place in a school. There is a (small) part in there that is extremely effective. Diapers recommended.

I don't have Ghostwire Tokyo but having looked at it before, it doesn't seem to be grabbing me as the type of game I'd enjoy necessarily, not even sure why, I just have this feeling lol!

This was a good one to play over Christmas. It makes a solid first impression with its depiction of Hogwarts itself, a sprawling labyrinth of a school that's filled with quests and environmental puzzles, every inch of it lovingly detailed with whimsical charm. For the simple pleasure of just exploring a place without necessarily following quest markers, it might be one of the all-time great game locations, and that's coming from someone who only has a casual interest in the movies (and hasn't read the books...).

The castle was a fantastic location and I almost think it was worth buying it and playing just to explore the castle and see some of the locations from the movies in the game.

It was also annoying that it gates an end-of-school-year event (presumably an epilogue) behind a high level requirement that I would probably have needed to do another 10+ hours of sidequests and copy-pasted open world bloat to reach.

Thanks for reminding me of this! I'd almost forgotten I also had this pointless end game thing that required me to go and grind some levels to be able to do it!

Last edited:
@Lordhippos Tifa is indeed the best, culture and all that…

I love VII R but I agree with your points. I think the thing that took me the longest to accept was that it didn’t deliver on the eeriness of the original in Shinra HQ. Maybe it’s another case of mismanaged expectations, which I can’t seem to stop doing.

I’m stupidly excited for Rebirth.

I started Octopath II with the dancer but then found myself all over the pixel remasters, oops.

I finished the Granblue Fantasy Relink demo and had fun so I think I’m getting it. The trailer at the end of the demo sold me, it’s pretty hype.

I also finished the first of the Hitman World of Assassination games and had a blast. I love immersive sims, so I don’t know why it took me this long to start but, here we are. Maybe the lack of superpowers.

Quite a few ways to tackle your targets but I always just wander endlessly throughout the levels, looking for new ways to discreetly dispatch people. I also enjoy the sense of humor. Feels pretty polished for a game that offers so many possibilities, too.

I’m already on the third mission of Hitman 2, so I think I’m just gonna do them all and get back to FF before the onslaught of releases starts.

@Lordhippos

I’m stupidly excited for Rebirth.

I started Octopath II with the dancer but then found myself all over the pixel remasters, oops.

I finished the Granblue Fantasy Relink demo and had fun so I think I’m getting it. The trailer at the end of the demo sold me, it’s pretty hype.

Yep Rebirth looks really good and I'm pumped for it and ready to go! Friend of mine recommended playing Crisis Core remake as well, if I've never played FF7 OG, would you? Am not sure it's necessary if I'm not looking for differences between OG and remake.

For Octopath 2 I would highly recommend starting as Osvald, his caster type makes having him in your party pretty much all the time be handy for the various elemental weaknesses :)

Granblue game did look pretty good I thought! animation wise reminds me a lot of Tales of Arise, what would you say it plays like combat wise?

Hitman is one of those game series I've never been able to get into for some reason, on paper I think they look fun, but in reality it just hasn't caught my attention, I think I own Hitman 1/2 as well, just barely touched em!

Yep Rebirth looks really good and I'm pumped for it and ready to go! Friend of mine recommended playing Crisis Core remake as well, if I've never played FF7 OG, would you? Am not sure it's necessary if I'm not looking for differences between OG and remake.

For Octopath 2 I would highly recommend starting as Osvald, his caster type makes having him in your party pretty much all the time be handy for the various elemental weaknesses :)

Granblue game did look pretty good I thought! animation wise reminds me a lot of Tales of Arise, what would you say it plays like combat wise?

Hitman is one of those game series I've never been able to get into for some reason, on paper I think they look fun, but in reality it just hasn't caught my attention, I think I own Hitman 1/2 as well, just barely touched em!

Oh, without having played the original, that’s a great question… If you know nothing about the original’s story, I’d say no, because there’s a really big story element revealed later on in the trilogy (maybe in Rebirth) that is presented normally in that game…

On the other hand, if Rebirth continues integrating elements from the wider VII compilation, you will maybe miss out on other references.

Personally I say no, but clearly Square want people to play it and it’s something alluded to in one of Rebirth’s trailers…

I only didn’t start as Oswald because I had played the demo as him and since it was fresh in my head, I tried another one but I’ll keep your advice in mind!

As for Granblue, I guess it’s not that far off from Arise, speaking in mechanical terms, only there’s no transition to a battlefield. You attack with square and triangle, filling a bar that depends on the character that will eventually allow you to use a move specific to that character.

Besides that, you have abilities mapped to four face buttons, that work on a cooldown. In addition, you can use link attacks with other party members and chain ultimate attacks with the rest of the party as well. You have like 20 controllable characters (or so it seemed, looking at the menu).

It’s fun, should do it for the entirety of the main quest. OST by Uematsu, pretty good graphics, incredible art style (even if the general world design seems extremely by the numbers)… I hope the story is ok!

I’ve been playing Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core - the actual story is decent but the missions, which make a bulk of the game’s content, get increasingly unfair with all the one shot kills and having to re-collect treasure chests, all within the same three or four map layouts.

Personally I say no, but clearly Square want people to play it and it’s something alluded to in one of Rebirth’s trailers…

Yes, very mixed opinions on this one so far from a bit of Googling also (trying not to spoil it for myself in the process).

I should try out the Granblue demo really, it won't be a day 1 purchase though for me because of P3 Reload coming out on 02/02, but if it's good it would certainly make it onto my list to play this year at some point.

General question for anyone: Are there any good JRPG series or games where choices matter?

Whether this is in conversation options or just general story options you pick, I like seeing my choices change outcomes or story paths. It seems most JRPG I've played don't cater for this, for example FF7 remake was following the same story no matter what you did, and rare conversation options didn't impact anything.

I mentioned before but I was considering playing the Trails series, but as I understand it, that also has this scenario, the story unfolds basically as designed. Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Triangle Strategy both give you some alternative options to take for different paths/endings.

As for Granblue, I guess it’s not that far off from Arise, speaking in mechanical terms, only there’s no transition to a battlefield. You attack with square and triangle, filling a bar that depends on the character that will eventually allow you to use a move specific to that character.

Besides that, you have abilities mapped to four face buttons, that work on a cooldown. In addition, you can use link attacks with other party members and chain ultimate attacks with the rest of the party as well. You have like 20 controllable characters (or so it seemed, looking at the menu).

It’s fun, should do it for the entirety of the main quest. OST by Uematsu, pretty good graphics, incredible art style (even if the general world design seems extremely by the numbers)… I hope the story is ok!

I played the demo on the PS5 and this was really good I thought so I've pre-ordered it on the PS5. It feels like Tales of Arise but just better in every way, the world design is very cool and I am a sucker for big fantasy worlds.

The PC version seems 2nd class here, there is no demo, you can't pre-order it on Steam, and there is no ultrawide support, so PS5 seems like the superior platform to play this on.

1st world problem though, Persona 3 Reload is releasing on the same day!

@Lordhippos I don’t know about JRPGs, but Disco Elysium and Alpha Protocol totally fit the bill. Alpha Protocol blew my mind back when I played it, truly. You can buy it for like a quid on steam sales. It wasn’t as buggy as its reputation led me to believe neither! Super spy RPGs is totally something that should be much more popular.

Glad you enjoyed Granblue, I also ordered the fancy edition along with P3, even if I’m going all in on Persona when it comes out… I’m surprisingly hype for Yakuza, but I’m waaay behind on story, so I’m gonna take my time playing through Kiwami 2. Then I think I’ll get Ishin and eventually play through 7 and Gaiden before I get to 8. I only ever do the main stories, so it shouldn’t be…. Impossible. I hope.

Right now I’m playing The Pathless alongside Kiwami 2. Having quite a bit of fun.

Finished all Hitman games and loved them. I finished 3 games with similar styles back to back. Just a blast and an example of spectacular level design.

Seems JRPG just don't really have branching choices much! Tactics Ogre Reborn is meant to have some, and is a similar game to Triangle Strategy I think so could be worth trying that out sometime.

I tried Disco Elysium before but I think it's far too wordy for me. Crime/detective genre isn't really my bag I suppose as I wasn't into Alan Wake 2 either which doesn't help.

I will actually do those in reverse, so Granblue first for me, not sure if I want to try playing P3 at the same time or not. I have booked a week off following so should have more time to dedicate to them anyway.

I found the Yakuza games a little too random, but I know they're popular for a good reason.

Q1 or so this year still looks really good though, got Granblue, P3, FF7 Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin all coming out by the end of March. Sure there's a lot more stuff coming later in the year as well, and stuff that I'd like that isn't even on my radar.

Seems JRPG just don't really have branching choices much! Tactics Ogre Reborn is meant to have some, and is a similar game to Triangle Strategy I think so could be worth trying that out sometime.

I tried Disco Elysium before but I think it's far too wordy for me. Crime/detective genre isn't really my bag I suppose as I wasn't into Alan Wake 2 either which doesn't help.

I will actually do those in reverse, so Granblue first for me, not sure if I want to try playing P3 at the same time or not. I have booked a week off following so should have more time to dedicate to them anyway.

I found the Yakuza games a little too random, but I know they're popular for a good reason.

Q1 or so this year still looks really good though, got Granblue, P3, FF7 Rebirth, Unicorn Overlord, Dragons Dogma 2, and Rise of the Ronin all coming out by the end of March. Sure there's a lot more stuff coming later in the year as well, and stuff that I'd like that isn't even on my radar.

Good self-suggestions actually, lol. I really want to play those two, eventually.

Yakuza can be too random for sure but I love the melodrama and kicking thugs in the head.

Yes to all of those on your list… the beginning of the year is so loaded that I keep forgetting Rise of the Ronin, even if it’s one of my favorite possible settings: samurai/end of samurai era Japan with no monsters, just exaggerated action.

I was going to get Yakuza 8 right away but I’m definitely not able to play it anytime soon, so I bought Lies of P, Stranger of Paradise FF and Yakuza Ishin, which are all at ok prices at the moment and I’m very curious about P.

so I bought Lies of P, Stranger of Paradise FF and Yakuza Ishin, which are all at ok prices at the moment and I’m very curious about P.

I really liked Lies of P as you may recall, it was one of my top games of 2023, though 2024 looks more stacked in Q1 than the whole of 2023 was! :D

It's a souls game to the core, but it has it's own unique style as well, I was a big fan of it.

I really liked Lies of P as you may recall, it was one of my top games of 2023, though 2024 looks more stacked in Q1 than the whole of 2023 was! :D

It's a souls game to the core, but it has it's own unique style as well, I was a big fan of it.

Yeah, I remember you being quite happy with it and it helped because normally with Souls games not made by From, there’a always one or multiple “but(s)” and about the only major thing I’ve read that I could see being annoying is a lot of bosses having Guardian Ape syndrome, but everything else looks so top notch.

The only reason I’ve waited this long is because I’ve had 5 cancelled orders for the physical deluxe edition, which leads me to believe the editor fcked up, big time. I ordered once locally, cancelled. Twice with Amazon FR, months apart, cancelled and twice with Amazon DE, cancelled as well. Never seen anything like it. So I ended up accepting defeat and getting the normal edition.

After the gruelling nature of the Missions in FFVII: Crisis Core, I opted not to replay the FFVII Remake’s first entry again and have instead jumped forward to beat the Yuffie add-on.

There's a number of big games coming up too including Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Persona 3 Reload I have to play but I want to try and get some smaller titles beaten before tackling those.

After a video essay arguing for it as a misunderstood masterpiece came up on YouTube while I was working recently, I decided to revisit Hotline Miami 2. I never quite found it as compelling as the first one, but the sheer nihilism of it was unlike anything I’d come across before and it definitely left an impression on me. Coming back to it now, I think the game does a lot of interesting things with its narrative at a point when I‘m sure the devs could easily have pumped out more of the same and raked in good profits, but I still can’t quite see it as more than the sum of its parts.

Following on from the relatively contained and faintly tongue-in-cheek original, HM2 tells a much more self-serious, but ambitious, multi-threaded story about various different characters whose lives are spiralling towards destruction, as a result of vigilante antihero Jacket’s actions in the first game.

Something that hadn’t occurred to me the first time I played HM2 was that each of the different stories seems to satirise a different reaction to the first game, from questionable fandom of its famously exuberant violence, to attempted copycats trying to cash in. This is kind of clever, and the individual vignettes are all pretty interesting in their own right, but I don’t think they gain anything significant by being linked together, and the final story revelation doesn’t seem to add much to the overall package. I think it might have worked better if they’d cut out some of the less important characters and spent more time developing the others. In particular, Jake the redneck and Martin the horror actor are pretty forgettable.

I also wasn’t keen on them explaining parts of the first game that were previously left to interpretation. Part of what I thought made the original so memorable was the cryptic appearance between levels of a friendly NPC with a heavy beard. HM2 telling you in no uncertain terms who he is and why he’s important just seems to spoil the appeal.

While it’s still perfectly solid, the gameplay feels like a step backwards too. Again, it feels like there was a conscious decision to try and do something different, moving from the claustrophobic, improvisational room to room combat of the original to much wider open spaces, mostly requiring the player find a more rigid ‘solution’ to advance. Unfortunately, this frequently ends up feeling needlessly frustrating, turning some levels into a test of memory, requiring long range shots on unseen enemies only discovered through trial and error. I’ve heard the argument that this could also be an intentional decision to put the player in a particular frame of mind, but I feel it’s unlikely. Compared with something like Far Cry 2, which seems designed to slowly bleed your enthusiasm for progress to the point of wanting you to give up, it feels like this game genuinely wants you to see the ending. At least once.

Crucially, however, Hotline Miami 2 did include a level editor, encouraging players to make their own content, and I find the modding scene kind of fascinating. From parodies to alternative endings, I’ve had an absolute whale of a time playing the user-created campaigns, but this post is already pretty long, so I’ll just mention some of the more notable ones in spoilers.

Blessed - One of the most popular mods for the game of all time, and also the highest ranked one that sticks to the main continuity. It’s pretty good; level design feels fresh and there’s a nice story idea here, with two of the vigilantes forming a found-family type bond, but I think it just lacks the connective tissue that would really pull it all together.

End Times - An alternative ending that continues the main story into what almost feels like Hotline Miami 2.5. It’s a bit like a self-indulgent fan-fic at times, but its scope is impressive and it does capture the feel of an early-90s action movie rather well. Bit on the easy side though.

Beyond Deathwish - Another alternative ending, in the form of a much shorter campaign that sees The Fans break Jacket out of prison. Fairly short, and incredibly tough, but it feels thematically appropriate to the main game and is certainly worthwhile if you’re looking for a challenge.

Carlampaign & Carlampaign 2 - The creator known as Puzzlebox does a lot of comedy-themed campaigns to greater or lesser degrees of success, but I think this is one of the best mods out there. Reimagining Carl, an insignificant side-character killed off in the first game, as an edgy teenage brat, it follows his increasingly absurd misadventures, as he (shock) kind of grows up a little. I think what makes this work so well is that it’s just grounded enough in the main story to make it all the funnier when it stars going further and further off-piste. I really couldn’t take Detective Pardo seriously anymore after this one.

Shibuya - Completely unrelated to the main story, this shifts the action to 2000s Japan, where an undead neet hooks up with a shifty secret agent to find the man who killed her. This is a nice looking mod with a real flavour of Japanese DTV movies to it, but at only two levels, it’s woefully short, really just enough to whet your appetite. 10/10 for the soundtrack though.

Wild Thing - An alternative story featuring Corey as she grows apart from the fans, only for her solo operations to attract police attention, this one feels so convincingly like part of the main game in its tone and level design that I think it could easily have been official DLC. The story isn’t hugely elaborate, but it does a great job of making Corey seem like a character in her own right, rather than part of the mob. If you play just one of these, play this one

Last edited:
I've completed GoW Valhalla, a fun little free DLC, very similar to the mist stuff we had in the previous God of War.

I'm up to Malenia in Elden Ring now, which my friend tells me I must kill before I complete my first run. Counting the tries (15 so far)!

If anyone is considering pre-ordering FF7 Rebirth, check out my deal on HUKD, today is the last day the Ebay code works, but it's about £50 from Game Collection outlet:

This year I plan to re-attempt my game completion goal of 40! I finished three games for the month of January and I'm currently going through my 4th title with Nioh 2 Remastered, which is a long one but will be worth the wait.

#01 - Quake (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: June 2023 (via PSN)

The first game I finished was the Nightdive Studios remaster of id Software's Quake which I own two copies for - the digital version first on the PlayStation 5 and a physical version from Limited Run Games for Nintendo Switch.

For this completion I played all of the campaigns included on the remaster, which includes the base game, the two expansion packs Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity which were released back in the day on PC, and the two additional episodes Dimension of the Past and Dimension of the Machine, both of which were worked on by Wolfenstein developers Machine Games. All of this took roughly 17 hours total to complete.

I have always wanted to play the original Quake for years. I've seen it around and sure I could have purchased it on Steam at any point, but it was the console experience that I wanted to go for whenever the opportunity came, and out of nowhere Bethesda released it during their Quake con event.

If you're familiar with Nightdive Studios you will know they add accessibility features and settings to allow most players to play the remasters with ease. So I am glad this is here because I did play a bit of the Quake remaster on Nintendo Switch and ended up feeling dizzy, which to me was a cause of alarm because I never get dizzy with video games unless it's something stupid like the AI making you spin your character/mecha around in 360 degree constantly (like Wing of Darkness). I started playing the PS5 version and the same feeling came again, so I had to run some tests to make sure it wasn't me but the gameplay's settings. The end result was turning Motion Blur on and to play it safe turning off Motion Controls and tweaking the field of view. Motion Blur on managed to fix the issue so I was able to play the whole remaster at ease for long hours in 4K resolution and 120 frames per second.

So how does Quake play? It shares a lot of similarities to the classic DOOM games with its episodic content, enemy variety, weapons, items, secrets and finding the exit. One big difference which I like is that the start of the campaign is a hub where you can walk around to the difficulty of choice and the level selection which is pretty cool. I went with Normal difficulty and played through each episode in its main order.

Each episode was well structured and I enjoyed the enemy variety. The only enemies I dislike were the ones that have projectiles that follow you around which are similar in vein to the Archviles from DOOM II who I absolutely hate. The weapons were great, I definitely enjoyed the rocket launcher, the nail gun and grenade launchers. The super shotgun does the job but it does feel fairly boring here and there. The items for Quake were each pretty intriguing with invincibility, immune to damage, super health or my favourite the Quad Damage which is 4x damage against enemies. Speaking of items, you will notice NIN logos here and there which is a reference to Industrial Metal band Nine Inch Nails because Trent Reznor composed the soundtrack for this game.

I also liked the secrets throughout each episode, because it felt really rewarding finding them when you wouldn't expect them and I did end up finding a few secret levels which were entertaining to discover.

The expansions surprisingly add more flavour to the gameplay experience, with new enemies and weapons as well as environments to avoid the repetitive feel of the level design. Scourge of Armagon adds Scorpion cyborg enemies who pack a punch and weird monkey like monsters that feel like filler but in return you have Thor's hammer that is fine but it's the Laser Cannon that does the job super well and is one of the best weapons in the series for having your lasers bounce off walls adding more to the firefights. The level design has a castle-esque look which I like because it adds to the 'you're an outsider you must perish' attitude which fits considering you're using rocket launchers in a sword fight.

Dissolution of Eternity has an Egyptian/Tomb Raiding adventure to it which I actually like and the traps included was entertaining. The fact that the final boss is a dragon of all things adds to the randomness of the Quake dimension adventure. In terms of new weapons, we have multi-shot grenade launchers and rocket launchers which are so cool and is a shame these aren't in other episodes and instalments.

Dimension of the Past and Dimension of the Machine are two new campaigns made by Machine Games, though one of them was made a few years back while the other was added with this remastered release. They're both interesting inclusions to the line-up because not only are the levels much bigger in scope but there's a lot of inspiration for things like Half-Life and the classic exploration feel those games had back in the 3D era. There's also the added benefit that each campaign also brings back the weapons from both the base game and the Mission Pack expansions though it will depend on each level. The enemies from the expansions also make their appearance.

I forgot to mention that whenever you take damage your character makes a goose noise which I thought was rather amusing.

Overall I found Quake Remastered to be a really great package. You have the classic original game with modern settings and better performance, but you also have the PC expansions and new content to add to the value of this release. The Switch version does run at 60 frames per second which is still solid and in fact anything by Nightdive Studios is worth owning on Switch if you prefer to go for that option.

#02 - Quake II (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: November 2023 (via PSN)

Not long after finishing the first game, I decided to jump into the next game on the list which is another Nightdive Studio remaster! Of course I am referring to id Software's Quake II which was released once again during Quake con time but last year.

Now funny enough, this is actually my second playthrough for this game because I already own Quake II on the Xbox 360. Now to refresh your memory if you weren't aware, Quake II was included on a bonus disc with Quake 4 but only for specific versions so you can end up buying Quake 4 without that bonus disc. Even though it's not available digitally and only included as part of the bonus disc version of Quake 4, the game is not a port but an actual remaster that ran at 1080p resolution. That said, my playthrough on that game took a whole year due to the disc not being in the best condition as I bought Quake 4 pre-owned in CeX back in the day.

So this remaster was a nice revisit and despite my workload I did manage to finish the whole remastered package! Quake II Remastered contains the original game, two expansions they released back in the day on PC called The Reckoning and Ground Zero, a new campaign by Machine Games called Call of the Machine, and also the Nintendo 64 version of Quake II also known as Quake II 64. Quake 64 was included on the first game's remastered package but only via the add-on which requires a Bethesda account.

Also want to mention that the game's trophy list is vastly different in tone compared to the previous game. I don't know why, but Nightdive Studios decided to re-use the Xbox 360 achievement list for Quake II and add a few more that basically ask you to finish the campaigns for each expansion as well as the Nintendo 64 version. Basically this is an easy Platinum even if you decide to go through the whole game on the easiest difficulty. For me I kept it reasonable and focused on the Normal difficulty across the whole line-up.

I mentioned that with Quake I had to adjust the settings to avoid feeling slightly off (not motion sickness but in the middle between that and being fine in general). The settings were the same as I had used for the previous game, but this time I have enabled the motion controls which thankfully I have had no issues with. I figured this was the case because I actually kept it enabled when I played DOOM 64 remastered a few years back which I had no issues on. So I suppose Motion Blur being enabled was the saviour here!

While I enjoyed Quake's medieval setting and style, it took a while to adjust to Quake II's structure because it's a different direction to the DOOM formula of episodic content. Here we have what is essentially one massive level with different areas that you can go back and forth on with their own stats of enemy numbers, items and secrets. To make progress you will need to go into each area to locate specific keys or switches and back track a bit or return via a different route, which then introduces more enemies that will get in your area.

This idea does work but it can suffer from pacing issues depending on the objectives involved. I do like the concept and once I figured out how to access the pop-up menu that lets you see how many enemies are in the area I found the pacing to improve because I knew going into each zone how much progress I'm making. The compass was a new addition to the remaster which helps direct you to where the next objective is and it was a very useful tool to avoid getting lost in this maze style structure.

In terms of the weapons, there is a lot of them in this game with your traditional shotgun, rocket launcher, grenade launcher and the classic BFG makes a return. That said, I am rather torn on how I feel about the weapon performance because as much as I love the variety and they are generous with ammo, I do feel that damage-wise they have been toned down compared to the previous game. For instance I expected the rocket launcher and grenade launcher to deal more in the radius that it has rather than just one enemy at a time. The BFG also feels weaker as well. The chaingun is a bit rough as you do end up wasting ammo and time due to its prep against shooting enemies.

That being said, the standout weapons to me have been the Railgun and the Hyperblaster as both of them do enough damage that feels rewarding. The items are also pretty solid with Quad Damage making a return and in this remaster you can stack them so you are able to use them whenever you want, especially for a final boss. The expansions also add some more variety like Ion Ripper which is a spiritual successor to the Laser Cannon from the first game, and Phalanx which is pretty terrible in my opinion.

Also want to mention the Trespasser enemy was tweaked in the remaster so they can be more menacing but also wish they said their catchphrase more lol.

Speaking of the expansions, as mentioned I have played through each one. I started with Call of the Machine, the newest one in the list of campaigns available. This is very similar in scope to Dimension of the Machine from the previous game and while it's also a pretty cool idea to include in this remaster, I won't lie it felt way too long and badly paced when you compare it to the base campaign. The only level that I had enjoyed was the one where you start outside a castle and go further down to the Egyptian inspired tombs.

After playing that I then checked out the two classic expansions The Reckoning and Ground Zero, both of which were alright. I know people had issues with the traps but I didn't mind them as I had no problems. I suppose the remaster helped amend a lot of issues people had with those two. Each level's design is fine and they do add their variety of enemies as well.

But the one that I did found some surprise towards was Quake II 64, the Nintendo 64 exclusive game that was added to the remastered list than being an add-on like the previous 64 game was. Here the game is way shorter, clocking in at around under 2 hours total, and I don't know if its just me but I found the enemies to hit a lot harder in damage compared to the other campaigns. For a game made for the Nintendo 64 it's pretty impressive but it feels like a teaser demo in today's era but I can see why it was a big deal back in the day.

Overall I spent roughly 18 hours finishing the entire remaster and its campaigns, so in a sense this is pretty much like playing multiple games in one package like the first game's remaster, but overall this is really good value and played well for modern consoles. I don't own a physical version for this game so I only played it digitally on the PlayStation 5 but I can see this running really well on Switch as well thanks to the studio.

#03 - MushihimeSama (Nintendo Switch)
Acquired: September 2023

Last year I played two classic Cave bullet hell shooters with DoDonPachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II, both I enjoyed for various reasons and it's great that the Nintendo Switch release (and PC) has the infinite credits to allow for a very fun and enjoyable experience even if the high score resets to zero.

As for MushihimeSama, this was ordered separately from the other two because at the time VideoGamesPlus didn't have stock, so I paid a lot more for this game. Now I finally played it and it's once again another challenging Cave game, with bullets on the screen and you having to dodge them all.

Much like the previous two games, MushihimeSama also includes different game modes with the original, Arrange Mode and Version 1.5 mode. I have played through each one with at least five different playthroughs. The Original Mode has different difficulty options ranging from Novice, Normal, Maniac and Ultra Modes with the sole difference being more bullets on the screen. Arrange Mode, similarly to the other games, adds different designs to each level and adding an extra final boss to the mix which is a bitch as per usual. Version 1.5 is pretty much like the original but with some differences to how points work for your high score.

I played through the whole game in one day. Visually the game looks pretty decent with a bugs theme presented throughout and the designs look good, but I do think it blurs too much into the background making it a bit more challenging during gameplay. The story is fine but I found the other two games much better on that front and for the combat, there's three different shooting types and I found it to be decent with power-ups that appear to add more power to your bullet shooting.

Overall I found MushihimeSama to be a decent Cave game, but I found myself preferring DoDonPachi Resurrection and Espgaluda II on both the aesthetic and gameplay setup. It's not a bad game by all means but if you want more gameplay variety or value the other games are worth more.

My backlog so far:
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Bleach: Soul ResurrecciónFighting
3​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
4​
CatherinePuzzle
5​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
6​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
7​
FolkloreAction RPG
8​
Gran Turismo 5 Academy EditionRacing
9​
inFAMOUSAction
10​
inFAMOUS 2Action
11​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
12​
Prince of PersiaAction, Platformer
13​
PuppeteerPlatformer
14​
SEGA RallyRacing
15​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
16​
Split/Second: VelocityRacing
17​
StrangleholdAction, Shooter
18​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
19​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
Black Clover: Quartet KnightsAction, Fighting
4​
Bullet Girls PhantasiaAction, Shooter
5​
Burnout Paradise RemasteredRacing
6​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
7​
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New ChampionsSports
8​
Catherine Full BodyPuzzle
9​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
10​
Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve StarsTurn-Based RPG
11​
CRYSTARAction RPG
12​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
13​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
14​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
15​
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair GirlsAction, Shooter
16​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
17​
Date A Live: Rinne Utopia (Rio-Reincarnation)Visual Novel, Dating Sim
18​
Date A Live II: Ars Install (Rio-Reincarnation)Visual Novel, Dating Sim
19​
Date A Live III: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
20​
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's MemoryTurn-Based RPG
21​
Disaster Report 4: Summer MemoriesAdventure, Simulation
22​
Dissidia Final Fantasy NTArcade, Fighting
23​
Dragon Quest Heroes IIAction RPG, Musou
24​
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive EditionTurn-Based RPG
25​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
26​
Fairy TailTurn-Based RPG
27​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
28​
Final Fantasy IXTurn-Based RPG
29​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
30​
Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares WinTactical RPG
31​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
32​
Gintama RumbleAction, Musou
33​
GOD EATER 3Action Hunter RPG
34​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
35​
The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresVisual Novel
36​
The Great Ace Attorney 2: ResolveVisual Novel
37​
Gundam Breaker 3 BREAK EDITIONAction, Arcade
38​
The Hong Kong MassacreTop-Down Shooter
39​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
40​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
41​
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of FujisawaPuzzle, Visual Novel
42​
LangrisserTactical RPG
43​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
44​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
45​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
46​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
47​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IVTurn-Based RPG
48​
Legend of ManaAction RPG
49​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
50​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
51​
MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINAFighting
52​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja StormAction, Fighting
53​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2Action, Fighting
54​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3Action, Fighting
55​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to BorutoAction, Fighting
56​
NEO: The World Ends With YouAction RPG
57​
Neptunia Virtual StarsAction
58​
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja WarsAction
59​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
60​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
61​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
62​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
63​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4Action, Musou
64​
One Piece: Unlimited World RedAction
65​
One Piece: World SeekerAction
66​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
67​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
68​
Persona 5 StrikersAction RPG, Musou
69​
Phoenix Wright: Ace AttorneyVisual Novel
70​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for AllVisual Novel
71​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and TribulationsVisual Novel
72​
Punch LineVisual Novel
73​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
74​
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the ThroneVisual Novel
75​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
76​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
77​
RUINERAction, Shooter
78​
SD Gundam G Generation Cross RaysTactical RPG
79​
SD Gundam G Generation GenesisTactical RPG
80​
Secret of ManaAction RPG
81​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
82​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
83​
Shadow of the ColossusPlatformer
84​
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD RemasterTurn-Based RPG
85​
Star Ocean: First Departure RAction RPG
86​
Star Ocean: The Last Hope HD RemasterAction RPG
87​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
88​
Super Neptunia RPGTurn-Based RPG
89​
Super Robot Wars 30Tactical RPG
90​
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon DwellersTactical RPG
91​
Super Robot Wars TTactical RPG
92​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
93​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
94​
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions!Music, Rhythm
95​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
96​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
97​
Theatrhythm Final Bar LineMusic, Rhythm
98​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
99​
Trials of ManaAction RPG
100​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
101​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
102​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
103​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
104​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
105​
Valkyria RevolutionAction RPG
106​
WipEout Omega CollectionRacing
107​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
108​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
109​
Yakuza 3 RemasteredAction, Beat em up
110​
Yakuza 4 RemasteredAction, Beat em up
111​
Yakuza 5 RemasteredAction, Beat em up
112​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
#​
PlayStation 5 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Alan Wake RemasteredAction, Shooter
2​
CONTROL Ultimate EditionAction, Shooter
3​
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII -Reunion-Action RPG
4​
Cyberpunk 2077Action
5​
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami ChroniclesFighting
6​
The DioField ChronicleTactical RPG
7​
DOOM EternalAction, Shooter
8​
FANTAVISION 202XPuzzle
9​
ForspokenAction RPG
10​
Ghost of TsushimaAction, Adventure
11​
Ghostwire: TokyoAction, Survival Horror
12​
GrimGrimoire OnceMoreReal-Time Strategy RPG
13​
HadesDungeon Crawler
14​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle RFighting
15​
JudgmentAction, Beat em up
16​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into ReverieTurn-Based RPG
17​
Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His NameAction, Beat 'em up
18​
Lost JudgmentAction, Beat em up
19​
Mobile Suit Gundam BATTLE OPERATION Code FairyAction
20​
MONARKTactical RPG
21​
Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs ForgottenTurn-Based RPG
22​
Neptunia ReVerseTurn-Based RPG
23​
Neptunia: Sisters vs SistersAction RPG
24​
Nioh 2Action Souls RPG
25​
One Piece: OdysseyTurn-Based RPG
26​
Pac-Man World Re-PacPlatformer
27​
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit of Wonder LabyrinthMetroidvania RPG
28​
RelayerTactical RPG
29​
SD Gundam Battle AllianceAction RPG
30​
Soul Hackers 2Turn-Based RPG
31​
Star Ocean: The Divine ForceAction RPG
32​
Star Ocean: The Second Story RAction RPG
33​
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy OriginAction Souls RPG
34​
Tactics Ogre RebornTactical RPG
35​
Tales of AriseAction RPG
36​
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2Sports
37​
Valkyrie ElysiumAction RPG
38​
Yakuza 7: Like a DragonTurn-Based RPG
39​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
40​
Yurukill: The Calumniation GamesShoot em up, Visual Novel
#​
PlayStation Classics (via PS5) Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the RescuePlatformer
2​
Everybody's Golf 2Sports
3​
GrandiaTurn-Based RPG
4​
Kurushi Final: Mental BlocksPuzzle
5​
The Legend of DragoonTurn-Based RPG
6​
Twisted Metal 2Action, Racing
7​
Valkyrie Profile: LennethTurn-Based RPG
8​
Wild ArmsTurn-Based RPG
9​
Wild Arms 2Turn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Freedom WarsAction
3​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
#​
Nintendo Switch Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Blade Runner: Enhanced EditionAdventure, Point & Click
2​
Castlevania (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
3​
Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
4​
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
5​
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
6​
Castlevania: The Adventure (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
7​
Castlevania: Bloodlines (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
8​
Contra (Anniversary Collection)Side-scrolling Shooter
9​
Contra Hard Corps (Anniversary Collection)Side-scrolling Shooter
10​
Contra III: The Alien Wars (Anniversary Collection)Side-scrolling Shooter
11​
Cytus AlphaMusic, Rhythm
12​
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical FreezeAction, Platform
13​
Final FantasyTurn-Based RPG
14​
Final Fantasy Adventure (Collection of Mana)Action RPG
15​
Final Fantasy IITurn-Based RPG
16​
Final Fantasy IIITurn-Based RPG
17​
Final Fantasy IVTurn-Based RPG
18​
Final Fantasy VTurn-Based RPG
19​
Final Fantasy VITurn-Based RPG
20​
Fire Emblem: EngageTactical RPG
21​
Fire Emblem: Three HousesTactical RPG
22​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from ZeroTurn-Based RPG
23​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails to AzureTurn-Based RPG
24​
The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless TrailsAction RPG
25​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WildAction RPG
26​
The Legend of Zelda: Link's AwakeningAction RPG
27​
Live A LiveTactical RPG
28​
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeRacing
29​
Metroid DreadMetroidvania
30​
Metroid Prime RemasteredAction, Shooter
31​
MUSYNXMusic, Rhythm
32​
New Super Mario Bros U DeluxePlatformer
33​
Octopath TravelerTurn-Based RPG
34​
Operation C (Anniversary Collection)Side-scrolling Shooter
35​
Powerslave ExhumedAction, Shooter
36​
Rhapsody II: Ballad of the Little PrincessTurn-Based RPG
37​
Rhapsody III: Memories of Marl KingdomTurn-Based RPG
38​
River City Girls ZeroAction, Beat 'em ups
39​
Secret of Mana (Collection of Mana)Action RPG
40​
Senran Kagura Peach BallPinball
41​
Senran Kagura ReflexionsSimulation
42​
Shadow Man RemasteredAction, Adventure
43​
Super Castlevania IV (Anniversary Collection)Action, Platform
44​
Super Contra (Anniversary Collection)Side-scrolling Shooter
45​
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's FuryAction, Platformer
46​
Super Mario GalaxyAction, Platformer
47​
Super Mario OdysseyAction, Platformer
48​
Super Mario SunshineAction, Platformer
49​
Super Smash Bros. UltimateFighting
50​
Syd of Valis (SD Valis)Action, Platformer
51​
Trials of Mana (Collection of Mana)Action RPG
52​
Valis: The Fantasm SoldierAction, Platformer
53​
Valis IIAction, Platformer
54​
Valis IIIAction, Platformer
55​
Valis IVAction, Platformer
56​
Witch on the Holy NightVisual Novel
57​
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive EditionAction RPG
58​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2Action RPG
59​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden CountryAction RPG

gGNW84cl.png
The 2024 '40' Games Goal:
No.Game
Console​
Acquired​
Genre
1​
Quake
PS5​
2023​
Action, Shooter
2​
Quake II
PS5​
2023​
Action, Shooter
3​
MushimeSama
Switch​
2023​
Bullet Hell, Shoot 'em up

FmtJjLOl.png

I’ve decided to replay the original Final Fantasy VII on NSW, will likely play Persona 3 Reload afterwards. I also recently finished replaying The Simpsons Hit and Run, which has aged fairly well beyond my nostalgia for it, and finally played the original Metal Gear Solid too.

Last edited:
Back