What manga are you reading now?

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 13
Hitorijime My Hero volume 12
Rent-A-Girlfriend volume 12
Gushing Over Magical Girls volume 1 - This one sure was horny for magical girls...

A Couple of Cuckoos volume 7
86: Operation High School volume 2 (JP, complete) - A fun one if you're attached to the cast of the main series, hopefully it'll make it over to the West eventually.

The Greatest Magicmaster's Retirement Plan volume 13 (LN)
Love of Kill volume 7

vol 13 That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (LN)...i really hope they animate these further novels as i know it'll look great. Now just have to wait until July for volume 14.

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 106 - 107

Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 122 - 123

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 83.1 - 83.2

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 66

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 226

Lust Geass ch 44

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World ch 57

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 95

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? ch 108

I haven't posted here in a while, so I'll share my thoughts on a manga I recently read - Dangers In My Heart volume 1.

I'd seen this manga around a lot before I even considered picking it up. The plot/main character seemed way too edgy from the description and the couple looked like an older girl and young boy from the cover (infact, they're the same age, but the way they're drawn is a bit jarring although it's just the artist's style I guess) which was also offputting.
By chance, I ended up reading a preview of the first chapter on Amazon (these are way too effective at getting me to buy) and my view on it softened a bit, it seemed like a fun enough read and the two characters were clearly the same age in the same class so the weirdness level went down.
So... I listened to my curiousity and bought the first volume.

I was pretty excited to read this one actually by the time I got it. And sure enough, each chapter was fun to read. The male/female lead are very unusual and quirky, the male lead is certainly edgy but not an unbearable amount and it leads to some good comedy. There are also some surprisingly wholesome moments. The art is cute and the characters are likeable in a realistic student way (like, it's funny because it's realistic for them to be weird/edgy/pervy/awkward as teens, though they're not what you might traditionally call likeable).
I found myself frantically wanting to read the next chapter so I'd say that I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to continue.

I always do enjoy it when a manga really outdos my expectations and this was one of them!

Last edited:
The Sage of Lioncourt volume 1
The Great Cleric volume 8 (LN)
A Side Character's Love Story volume 10
Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles volume 19 (LN)
The Detective is Already Dead volume 3 (LN)
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom volume 16 (LN)
Hyouka volume 1 (JP)

I finally finished reading Tramps Like Us/You're My Pet this morning (14 volumes, I finished Vol. 14 today) and it was really a wonderful series just could have done without the
non-con sexual moments
here and there, but it was generally amazing and the last volume made me feel nostalgic for... I'm not sure, but, I guess it was that "last volume" feeling from when I used to read more manga years ago?

Overlord vol 1 audiobook of LN
A lot of fun to listen to and revist the story. It's read by Chris Guerrero who voices Ainz in the dub anyway so there's a nice level of authenticity to his narration (though a few older male cahracters end up sounding a bit to similar to one another)

Reincarnated as the Last of my Kind vol 1 audiobook of LN
Fun, gentle little tale where almost everyone is very nice and reasonable. Although it's an isekei it's basicslly a SOL in that setting. It's read by Casandra Morris (protagonist perspective chapters) and Graham Halstead (her fathers perspective chapters) who both do a good job.

Overlord vol 1 audiobook of LN
A lot of fun to listen to and revist the story. It's read by Chris Guerrero who voices Ainz in the dub anyway so there's a nice level of authenticity to his narration (though a few older male cahracters end up sounding a bit to similar to one another)

Reincarnated as the Last of my Kind vol 1 audiobook of LN
Fun, gentle little tale where almost everyone is very nice and reasonable. Although it's an isekei it's basicslly a SOL in that setting. It's read by Casandra Morris (protagonist perspective chapters) and Graham Halstead (her fathers perspective chapters) who both do a good job.

I dropped the Overlord anime due to some of the more grim distasteful violence after S2 but the second of these titles sounds right up my street so thanks for the rec as I like audiobooks so I'll see if it is on Audible :) Wonder what's happening with Spice and Wolf, Monogatari and Vampire Hunter D audiobooks? Will check for updates now :)

I dropped the Overlord anime due to some of the more grim distasteful violence after S2 but the second of these titles sounds right up my street so thanks for the rec as I like audiobooks so I'll see if it is on Audible :) Wonder what's happening with Spice and Wolf, Monogatari and Vampire Hunter D audiobooks? Will check for updates now :)
It was indeed on audible that I listened to these. Theres a fair few LN on there now though I haven't searched extensively. Did notice Sword Art Online, Saga of Tanya the Evil and also a load of Monogatari.

Mars Vols. 14 & 15 (completed, unless I decide to read the bonus short story volume as well, also I read these yesterday not today so I read 11 volumes of manga in 2 days! Not too shabby!) :)

Last edited:
Devil Ecstasy omnibus volume 1
7-Daime no Tomari! (JP, complete) - Very horny collection of one-shots from Maybe.
Doll-kara volume 1
Super HxEros volume 7

Forget Being the Villainess, I Want to Be An Adventurer volume 3 (LN, complete) - Fairly satisfying conclusion for what was a fairly entertaining read on the whole.

Our Bodies, Entwining, Entwind volume 3

This Vampire Won't Give Up! volume 1 - The artwork in this one was great with some fantastic panels as the reality of the MC's situation dawned on her. Definitely picking up Vol 2 to see where things go.

Mizuno and Chayama (complete) - Beautiful artwork but a heavy subject matter that I'm not convinced got the payoff it needed in the end.

And a couple of one-shots from this months issue of Shounen Gangan:
Nanji no Teki kara Yuuwakusareru Koto Nakare (One-shot, JP)
Majo no Tashinami (one-shot, JP)

Back