What manga are you reading now?

I've read volumes 1 - 4 of Tramps Like Us today and have already ordered volumes 5 & 6! I can't believe I overlooked this title for so long. I know what had put me off buying it before now; the front cover artwork, as it's pretty ugly, but the storyline is absolutely wonderful ^_^ (as is the actualy story artwork). It makes a nice change to read a romance story where the main character (female of course!) is over 15 :lol: Actually she's pushing 28 and takes in a young boy who's run away from home, she feeds him and return he has to be her "pet" - in purely pet dog kinda terms :wink:

I highly recommend it to anyone who's reading this post ^_^

Miaka-chan said:
I've read volumes 1 - 4 of Tramps Like Us today and have already ordered volumes 5 & 6! I can't believe I overlooked this title for so long. I know what had put me off buying it before now; the front cover artwork, as it's pretty ugly, but the storyline is absolutely wonderful ^_^ (as is the actualy story artwork). It makes a nice change to read a romance story where the main character (female of course!) is over 15 :lol: Actually she's pushing 28 and takes in a young boy who's run away from home, she feeds him and return he has to be her "pet" - in purely pet dog kinda terms :wink:

I highly recommend it to anyone who's reading this post ^_^
I will definitely have to get it, i've been considering it for quite a while now, almost buying it a couple of times, but then choosing other things over it. I will definitely give it a go now :)

Daedalus668 said:
Wait, there's a Wolf's Rain manga? When? Where? Who must I kill/sleep with/blackmail to get it? *foams*

It's a two-volume release, available now from Viz. You can also buy both volumes in a sturdy little artbox. It doesn't manage to capture the full glory of the anime into such a short space, but it is certaining a worthy read.

Just started reading Gintama, Addicted To Curry, Air Gear and Meiru Hito on the web, thoroughly enjoying all of them, I just wish they were all licensed :D

I read my new Shojo Beat magazines yesterday. I absolutely love Nana and Absolute Boyfriend, although Crimson Hero and Godchild are really good too. The only complaint I have is Absolute Boyfriend is one chapter per issue and I just need more - it really reminds me of Hand Maid May but the other way around (male doll, female purchaser!!). Plus Yuu Watase has excelled again with the artstyle and there's an over abundance of bishounen :wink:

Miaka-chan said:
The only complaint I have is Absolute Boyfriend is one chapter per issue and I just need more - it really reminds me of Hand Maid May but the other way around (male doll, female purchaser!!). Plus Yuu Watase has excelled again with the artstyle and there's an over abundance of bishounen :wink:
Sounds like my kind of thing, would be a nice change to see the roles reversed, i will have to buy the first volume when it comes out in February

Inspired by having finally started on the anime, yesterday I reread YuYu Hakusho volume 1; it's not a bad read and I wouldn't mind carrying on with the series, but there are so many other titles I'd rather pick up first that I think it's going to get sidelined again.

I read volume 5 of Tramps Like Us and it just gets better!
Also, volumes 3 - 5 of W Juliet. At this moment in time, W Juliet is my favourite manga story. Not only have you got a guy pretending to be a girl, but you've got a girl who acts like a guy, looks like a guy and they adore each other! It's so much fun and Makoto is absolutely gorgeous ^_^

Currently I'm reading Fruits Basket and Naruto. :p
I've got five volumes of FB At the moment. And I'm on chapter 178 of Naruto (I buy FB manga, and read Naruto online XD)

I read volume 1 of The Young Magician yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea or not. The front cover design is very deceptive - I'm so shallow :lol:

I also reread volumes 1 & 2 of Happy Hustle High, as I have just bought volume 3 and wanted a refresh. I remember now why I was looking forward to vol 3 so much ^_^
I think that's the sign of a truly good manga book; being able to reread previous volumes and still love every minute!

Just finished reading Chapter 1 of Midare Somenishi (Anxiety of Soul). As the first hard yaoi title I've ever been brave enough to read it was...interesting!

Some really nice art though and an interesting storyline. Getting a little confused by all the characters but still, it's only Chapter 1! :wink:

I read Pieces of a Spiral vol 1 yesterday. It was quite good, but yet another of those titles whose front cover lulled me into to believing it was going to something completely different to what it was!

I also read Gals vol 3 (I can't wait to catch up to where ADV left off the anime), plus Midori Days vol 1, which was just as funny as the anime and then I finished off with rereading vol 1 of The Devil Does Exist, (as I'd fortgotten what had happened previously) and then read vol 2. This is another title that is fast becoming a favourite ^_^

Just begun reading Death Note, a title, I'm happy to say, is as good as the hype suggests. Mixing thought provoking themes of life and death, a central conceit not too far removed from Honk-Kong smash, Infernal Affairs, and a gritty, macabre edge reminiscent of Se7en, it really is a breath of fresh air, and a world away from the brainless exuberance that typifies most SJ series, recommended.

Back