What the hell happened to you, Youtube (Rant)

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
Youtube used to be awesome. Back in 2007 were easily it's glory days, but ever since Google got it's virus-infected-idiot-snakesonaplane-click-here-to-earn-£500-an-hour-while-working-from-home hands on it, the sites slowly killing off my faith in humanity

Now, it's gone down a mountain ("hill" would be an understatment). The community back in 2007 in youtube were nice, it used to be full of people you could actually talk with on the video, get involved with in a nice discussion and, contrary to popular belief, prove the internet hadn't quite killed off human intelligence yet. Now it's full of assholes, back then, maybe there was the odd troll or two. I swear to God, any (metal/rock) music videos ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have atleast one "THIS IS REAL MUSIC, JUSTIN BEIBER FANS SUCK C*CK THUMBS UP IF YOU AGREE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT *REAL MUSIC IS*" comment. While I'll agree, seeing that **** spammed all the time really does kill the music for me. The layout of the site is now fugly, and I wish Google would go away with their redundant changes and every week and just leave us to it.

Getting "recommended" random videos for something COMPLETELY unrelated you watched (I was recommended a Miley interview for watching a Cannibal Corpse video, I **** you not) is just the sites way of pushing their stupid promoted videos in your face. If I'm watching some drunk south-african guy jump of a bridge in Japan, I don't want to watch the video at the side and "see if my tongue's kissable"!! That coupled with the "your video will start in 30 seconds (no it won't, I'll refresh this as many times as I have to)" message being imposed on videos on your favourites list... the most annoying part is, I'll still end up using it lots... *raaaaage*

Please excuse my venting, AUKN -__-

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
The community back in 2007... were nice, it used to be full of people you could actually talk with... get involved with in a nice discussion... Now it's full of assholes...
See anything which has gone from niche to mainstream. The key is to not let something get too popular. Once the masses start getting interested, the current members of a community should work to alienate them completely from it in order to keep it safe and keep it theirs.

Oh God, I thought this was a copypasta... but it's actually genuine. There are so many ******* people (videos) moaning about this, not so much lately, but last year, and... what? The difference is, we now have HD videos, a faster website and the popular people are getting rich.

The recommended stuff can be deleted and ****, btw.

2007? Oh please. It was better back in 2005 but I've learned to live with it. Heck, I've started to like the new layout, which is at odds with what I said when it changed to the current layout, which Jayme can testify to.

Also, just get a comment filter if comments bother you so much.

> Search Berserk ending theme on youtube
> Go to the comments section
> Sees comment giving immense detail on the Eclipse and the aftermath
> My face

1274579591491.jpg

I already know what happens but still, it's just being a **** for the sake of it.

Lupus said:
> My face

1274579591491.jpg

I already know what happens but still, it's just being a **** for the sake of it.

1. Go to youtube
2. Type in your favourite anime
3. follow that by typing in Linkin Park
4. Post link in thread
5. ????
6. Profit.

*edit* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/57fYZkycfmg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/57fYZkycfmg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Maybe you're getting older, not Youtube getting more immature? Because Youtube has always been full of ****, and the kinds of creatures that snack on it.

Youtube commentors are just comedy gold, they're all internet experts on anything that gets posted. Look for a video on any niche subject that you actually properly know about and it's just too much entertainment.

Lupus said:
> My face

1274579591491.jpg

>no green text
>my face when I have no face

afoia said:
Lupus said:
> My face

1274579591491.jpg

1. Go to youtube
4. Post link in thread
5. ????
6. Profit.

*edit* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Urgh, don't. i retain that linkin park is one of my favourite bands. but the idiots that combine anime and LP annoy me. the amount of kingdom hearts and FF and linkin park cross overs.

ayase said:
See anything which has gone from niche to mainstream. The key is to not let something get too popular. Once the masses start getting interested, the current members of a community should work to alienate them completely from it in order to keep it safe and keep it theirs.

This.

I remember in the really early days of youtube. I used to say to people to check something out on it and people would always give a blank expression and ask "what's youtube". Now everyone's in on it.

It was the same with google, ebay and other sites and now they've become cultural entities.

afoia said:
1. Go to youtube
4. Post link in thread
5. ????
6. Profit.

Loving the South Park reference and it is oh so true!

The most annoying thing they did recently was the grey autoplay bar that appears when you watch a video from your subscriptions or suggested. It annoyingly switches to the next video in the queue and I keep forgetting to turn it off. They have fixed it a bit though, it saves as autoplay off now.

Back