What you guys doing right now.

Just got back from the car boot sale and made £80 - which is not bad. Will cover my Last Exile boxset and something sparkly.

Funniest moment was when an anime fan turned up and nabbed most of my old manga. I asked whether he's a big anime fan and he said he has hundreds of DVDs, and I thought, crikey! and I thought I was a big anime fan.

Sold my Laputa dvd to a lady who watched the original at the cinema in Singapore.

And best of all when a dad and his daughter bought a Furuba notebook. Him and his wife lived in Japan many years ago and his daughter is a big Furuba fan. I confessed to owning all of them too, saying I felt a bit old to read Furuba to which he said I wasn't and he reads it too! His wife showed up later to buy Inuyasha and she said thankyou in japanese, which was a nice surprise!

All in all, a fun day.

Which really says something about car boot sales!

Manga Girls said:
Last minute packing for this mornings car boot sale! Need more cash for when I start Uni.
Uni...again?
Are you looking for a career change or improving your existing? (...not that I actually know what you do currently)
Do you think £80 pounds will cover it?

Wondered myself a number of times whether to go back to uni or not, but I guess I’ve gone down the self-study route in the desire of getting somewhere I’d like to be – still working on it in fact...and hoping...*fingers crossed*

Well best of luck with it anyway.

Nyu - are you picking for a fight? *naughty, naughty* lol. only teasing :wink:

I was planning on mentioning AUKN to him, but as soon as I gave him the manga and anime, he made an amazingly fast exit!

Jimi-Jam - Thanks! Yes, uni again. Complete career change this time. And no, £80 wont cover it, but I say its for Uni, but knowing me... I'll probably blow it on manga at FP tomorrow. Hmm... I did see a nice Death Note bag in Orbital M.

Or...

A new manga haircut - I've always wanted to be Phantom Theif Dark!

M.G xx

Manga Girls said:
Nyu - are you picking for a fight? *naughty, naughty* lol. only teasing :wink:

I was planning on mentioning AUKN to him, but as soon as I gave him the manga and anime, he made an amazingly fast exit!

M.G xx

Handbags at dawn, be there or be square :lol: Poor kid sounds like he got a little embarrassed and done a runner, shame when that happens.

Manga Girls said:
Need more cash for when I start Uni.

That reminds me, i have to start saving my cash now i got in, shame, i have a lot that i would like to buy too :? .

Also on that note, i'm just finishing off filling in the rest of the forms for uni and relaxing, now that i finished work completely! yay.

Oooh, Nyu, now you're asking for it! :p As it happens, I don't even own a handbag... but I will hit you with my Furuba bag!

*whack*

I think he ran because he was excited to get so much neat stuff. He'd already missed out on my Ghibli stuff. He did ask why I was selling it and I confessed to having too much stuff. He did say he would never part with his manga or anime, going on to say, he will be buried along with all his manga and anime. And, that it would be a very big grave.

Hardcore...

Well, anyway, I did spend some of that money today on, you guessed it... more manga! No surprises there then. And I'm now eating chocolate cream puffs!

M.G xx

Back