What you guys doing right now.

Sat in work half asleep still but in good spirits, got a nice but possibly over expensive watch from my aunt in america, money from aunts and uncles and things, no idea what my missus has got me; i'll receive the majority of my birthday cards and presents on saturday when everyone meets up for the birthday night out.

Secretly been dreading this one but now its here i'm not too phased - guess i've got 9 years to get a house, cars, married and kids :p want it all done by 30 and not a day over!

Picking my jaw up off the floor, as I was pretty convinced this would never happen. Certainly never happen and look that good. Guess it's time to set up a savings account - I remember how much the DVDs were first time around...

ayase said:
Picking my jaw up off the floor, as I was pretty convinced this would never happen. Certainly never happen and look that good. Guess it's time to set up a savings account - I remember how much the DVDs were first time around...
I only looked at the second half of the URL, so I thought "why is ayase getting so excited over some experimental new home video format..."

mangaman74 said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Finishing off my UCAS application before applying to Uni's.

Feel weirdly stressed, yet calm at the same time...

Where are you hoping to go and what do you plan on studying?

Accounting and Finance (although compromising with Accounting and Business for one of my choices) and the ones i've applied for are Cardiff, Manchester, Southampton, Oxford-Brookes and Reading. Cardiff is the one I really want to get too but I wouldn't be unhappy with any of my others.

Yesterday: Watching the rain and how it has messed up the signal on my skybox!

Today: Wandering around like a headless chicken trying to find my sign-on card before finding out you don't need to attend today due to the public sector strikes unless you have a specific appointment or are just a standard member of the public. So basically just going to the supermarket in a bit!

Zin5ki said:
This month I claimed ten entire British Pounds on company expenses. That is ten more than ever I have done in months previous.

This month alone I claimed just over £140 on travel expenses... which is a record for me too. =P

Eating toast. About to do the washing up before hoovering the front room.

Fielding calls from people wanting Mum's money, telling them she's in hospital. Here's the range of reactions so far:
Indian Call Centre: Hello, can I speak to [Mum]?
Me: Sorry, she's in hospital right now.
*They hang up*

And:
British-sounding man: Hi, I'm from the TalkTalk group and was wondering if it's possible to speak to [Mum]?
Me: Sorry, she's in hospital right now.
Man: So sorry to hear that. Do you have any idea when she'll be out?
Me: Unfortunately I don't.
Man: Okay, no worries, I'll call back in the week, okay?
Me: Okay, thanks a lot.

Phone manners...some call centres need it, some have it.

EDIT:
Third call was a robot...

EDIT 2: Fourth call hung up as soon as I answered (Was an Intl. number)...getting worse each time.

Back