Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

with the merging of Rightstuf into Crunchyroll this feels like the worst timing for UP1 to close for UK import peeps.
yes we'll still be able use forwarders for Crunchyroll, but I'm pretty sure those juicy juicy sales are not going to transfer with the merge.
I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night ...

This is honestly going to hurt AOA and more notably Discotek Media imports going forward.

Was going to grab Cats Eye and City Hunter stuff next month, but I'm not sure anymore.
Don't want to relay on Amazon and even then not all Discotek stuff are shown there.

This is honestly going to hurt AOA and more notably Discotek Media imports going forward.

Was going to grab Cats Eye and City Hunter stuff next month, but I'm not sure anymore.
Don't want to relay on Amazon and even then not all Discotek stuff are shown there.
You could always buy from RACS, they ship internationally and have been in operation for a long time.

Deep Discount have been good to me in the past, but it's been a few years since I've been tempted by their relative lack of bargains. That could all change soon, though.

For those of you that might want one last order from Rightstuf:

15% off discount code on all in stock items: ThankYou

This includes Aniplex of America sets

For those of you that might want one last order from Rightstuf:

15% off discount code on all in stock items: ThankYou

This includes Aniplex of America sets
I read this. Did you figure out whether it's a discount of the items only? I'm assuming they won't give 15% off postage.

I can't decide if I should open an account for RightStuff or chance ordering some blu-rays from Otaku.co.uk. This whole situation is a mess.
I can't work out buying the few stuff from Rightstuf with 15% off that I want and feel it's a good deal.
If you figure the arithmetic and think I'm happy, go for it.
My problem is allyourmusic with their September discount, they don't have what I want listed.
Mind you a UK guy is selling a show for more than a new copy. The same guy offered me a rubbish price for a title I'm selling.

I wonder what's going to happen to the dirty pair sets now and there's still no news on when the box set are going to get a full retail release that was promised.

I can't work out buying the few stuff from Rightstuf with 15% off that I want and feel it's a good deal.
If you figure the arithmetic and think I'm happy, go for it.
My problem is allyourmusic with their September discount, they don't have what I want listed.
Mind you a UK guy is selling a show for more than a new copy. The same guy offered me a rubbish price for a title I'm selling.
Thanks. My issue is more if Otaku.co.uk will be able to get the stock at all now. Because a RightStuff order might my only shot at some of these titles for a while, especially if they aren't on other sites like WowHD (which I have also never used)

Received this with one of my orders a couple of weeks ago,

View attachment 30703
Literraly logged back into the site for the first time in a long time just to see if anyone had seen this. They've been around since I started properly collecting anime, such a shame. I don’t order much anime anymore let alone import it but when I do i always use UP1.

Have to say its nice to still see familiar faces on here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Just had my UP1 order with that card, I'd suspected they might use Rightstuf to help them get stock and I guess this confirms that. I will have to watch this thread closely for any viable alternatives.

Just had my UP1 order with that card, I'd suspected they might use Rightstuf to help them get stock and I guess this confirms that. I will have to watch this thread closely for any viable alternatives.

I'm just concerned UP1 will cancel all my pre-orders that are due for release after October 10th, as I don't see how they will be able to get stock once Right Stuf closes.

I'm just concerned UP1 will cancel all my pre-orders that are due for release after October 10th, as I don't see how they will be able to get stock once Right Stuf closes.
Good point, I'd assume Rightstuf were around for longer than it seems they are. You'd like to think they have something in place to honour orders. Especially as UP1 have not scrubbed things from their site as orderable, if they've been sending cards for at least a week you'd think they would have had time to adjust their available items.

Back