Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

Don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but is Overlord Season 4 getting a UK release for the Collectors edition?

I saw an email from Anime Ltd where they mentioned the standard edition is up for sale, but I have the other 3 in CE version so really wanted the same again.

Amazon UK has a listing on pre-order but it's not currently in stock, but sometimes they also list American stuff. Crunchy Roll store has it but it's priced in USD and I don't really want to import it. The link is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CC77CGL7?psc=1

Don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but is Overlord Season 4 getting a UK release for the Collectors edition?

I saw an email from Anime Ltd where they mentioned the standard edition is up for sale, but I have the other 3 in CE version so really wanted the same again.

Amazon UK has a listing on pre-order but it's not currently in stock, but sometimes they also list American stuff. Crunchy Roll store has it but it's priced in USD and I don't really want to import it. The link is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CC77CGL7?psc=1
The UK won't be receiving the limited editions for either My Dress Up Darling and OVERLORD IV. The listing you have is the US version that's out in October whilst the UK one is late November. The UK didn't get Season 3 in its LE form so I'm not surprised by this turnout.

Only 8 days until Rightstuf officially closes and my orders from the 18th of September haven't shipped yet from Otaku.co.uk.

Honestly feeling scared that my Symphogear haul will get cancelled due to the merge.

Otaku.co.uk only order once a month and it wont ship/dispatch until they receive it in the UK and dispatch it to you themselves.

I'm pretty sure their aware of the closure so maybe depends when you ordered and if they have made the order with right stuf yet or even waiting to give people the best chance to get there order

but yeah hard to guess on otaku's plan and the future with rightstuf closing for crunchyroll

Hopefully you get you order ok

So I reached out to UP1 and they could confirm the following

"We expect to fill all current orders up to end of November, aiming to clear accounts in December of any outstanding orders.

One new problem is Right Stuf new owners(Last Year) will close Right Stuf shop in October. We are waiting to hear how this will effect orders.

ANY changes we hope to give advance warning before change"

So a bit of an unknown as to how Right Stuf closing will affect things.

Only 8 days until Rightstuf officially closes and my orders from the 18th of September haven't shipped yet from Otaku.co.uk.

Honestly feeling scared that my Symphogear haul will get cancelled due to the merge.
Otaku.co.uk only order once a month and it wont ship/dispatch until they receive it in the UK and dispatch it to you themselves.

I'm pretty sure their aware of the closure so maybe depends when you ordered and if they have made the order with right stuf yet or even waiting to give people the best chance to get there order

but yeah hard to guess on otaku's plan and the future with rightstuf closing for crunchyroll

Hopefully you get you order ok

I'm in a similar boat, ordered Lupin the Third: The Secret of Twilight Gemini on September 26th to test out Otaku.co.uk.

That title specifically is out-of-stock currently on RightStuf and I can't seem to find the listing on Otaku.co.uk anymore either so hoping I get my order okay as well and that it was put in just prior to it selling out to secure my copy.

UP1: "While the Right Stuff website and name is now closed, I suspect that Inventory, Staff, Warehousing and Distribution remain the same, just under the Crunchyroll brand name They say they will be dealing with trade accounts on an individual, case by case basis, so we still wait to see what's going to happen"

As I understand, it still a chance, that there still will be importing titles.

UP1: "While the Right Stuff website and name is now closed, I suspect that Inventory, Staff, Warehousing and Distribution remain the same, just under the Crunchyroll brand name They say they will be dealing with trade accounts on an individual, case by case basis, so we still wait to see what's going to happen"

As I understand, it still a chance, that there still will be importing titles.
Only until the end of the year, as they stop all anime sales then

I have many fingers and toes crossed that Otaku.co.uk get accepted but I'm not hopeful either. I really think it could affect Discotek quite alot too going forward, even though they peddle the line of 'license only for NA, can't ship international' etc etc obviously imports happen and for a company the size of Discotek I think it's not hyperbole to suggest that a sizable minority of their sales every month were from international customers. Right Stuf was the ONLY place to reliably source Discotek titles from, if people don't like Crunchyroll they'll have to consider stocking their stuff in other places too.

Just another thing that has gotten worse, a growing trend ever since 2010 in the UK.

I

Isn't really a new thing for UP1 to not add UK titles,,most of the time it's due to not getting updates from publishers
For the last six months, I've been linking to boutique retailers when it comes to the reviews I've posted, and every MVM anime review I've written thus far had UP1 links, including Flying Witch. Search only find the manga now, while the link points to a listing with a Jan 2024 release date, and no cover art.

I think the Tsurune listing must still be there, just not in the search.

EDIT: And the US titles are mostly No Longer Available (All except Fruits Basket the Movie Prelude)

For the last six months, I've been linking to boutique retailers when it comes to the reviews I've posted, and every MVM anime review I've written thus far had UP1 links, including Flying Witch. Search only find the manga now, while the link points to a listing with a Jan 2024 release date, and no cover art.

I think the Tsurune listing must still be there, just not in the search.

EDIT: And the US titles are mostly No Longer Available (All except Fruits Basket the Movie Prelude)
you could be right, I'm used to the titles taking ages especially UK, with the closure and rebranding of Right Stuf, the US is unknown with UP1 now, with the down grading of UP1 coming in December, they may well be slowly winding down as you put it.

you could be right, I'm used to the titles taking ages especially UK, with the closure and rebranding of Right Stuf, the US is unknown with UP1 now, with the down grading of UP1 coming in December, they may well be slowly winding down as you put it.
you're completely right, just checked the recent US Discotek, all Urusei Yatsura is now gone off the site, the knock on of Right Stuf is already showing.

Back