Which Final Fantasy is the best in respect of story?

Nao

Completely Average High School Student
Which Final Fantasy is the best?
In respect of Battle System, Final Fantasy 5 job system is the best.
But in respect of story, I chose Final Fantasy 10 sad story as the best Final Fantasy.
How about you?

Spoilers, naturally...

It's the only game where the main badguy actually managed to destory the world. Plus scenes with Celes' torture and attempted suicide hit me quite hard some 15 years ago.

That and it's the only entry in the series where I actually cared for any of the characters, so that's a big help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the job systems and it's not like the series has ever explored much past the ATB system.

But yeah, I agree with Max Takeshi, six has a rather mystical feel to it. Most of the games are good up until 10 anyway.

None because FF games by default have really boring plots. FFXII might have been passable without Vaan and FFIV at least had characters that were likable.

However, Chrono Trigger had a better story than any FF game.

Four score and 23 years ago, a great amazing thing happen....HS his created final fantasy, and it is now an rpg seris we have all come to love and respect, and argue over. There is no "BEST" final fantasy, there is only our own personal fave final fantasy. each brings somthing new and fun to the table.... for all final fantasy fans...you should not ask yourself which is the best final fantasy... you should ask.....WHATCHA GONNA DO....WHEN CHOCOMOG AND DOOMTRAIN Roll all over yooou!!!

Welkin said:
Four score and 23 years ago, a great amazing thing happen....HS his created final fantasy, and it is now an rpg seris we have all come to love and respect, and argue over. There is no "BEST" final fantasy, there is only our own personal fave final fantasy. each brings somthing new and fun to the table.... for all final fantasy fans...you should not ask yourself which is the best final fantasy... you should ask.....WHATCHA GONNA DO....WHEN CHOCOMOG AND DOOMTRAIN Roll all over yooou!!!

you are respectable FF lover

IX and XII (especially if we include Zodiac Job System) are my favorites. XIII is also a fantastic game with many forward-thinking ideas, but I can see why people just like to troll it atm. It will be looked back on much more fondly in ten years' time, I reckon. The pre-FFVII ones, it's harder for me to choose between them lacking the context of playing them when they came out.

VII - Simply because it had the best characters and main character was deeply complex

But if i were to say which FF had the best story...i would probably say IX. Its the sort of story that kept you on edge throughout...who can forget having to hurry back to Alexandria as Zidane to save Dagger eh? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clouded, c'mon man, spoiler tags in a thread like this... :roll:

I'd not played IX - damn I hope that's not a big spoiler now lol.

XII. http://wp.me/pKoad-G It has been almost a year since I posted this :eek: .

XIII had a great soundtrack but bland characters and an early half that was a trudge. Everybody in Japanese class disliked the opening few hours (apart from the beautiful French girl who defended it with her beautiful voice that almost convinced me... sighs).

VI Is possibly the least worst, but I was always more taken with the way it was structured (various party splits and departures, as well as the two halves of the game) than the strict 'story' content.

Otherwise Tactics, though the original translation was always kind of incomprehensible.

Back