Which is better reccomend me psp v ds

Link100p said:
Zen 2nd said:
Okay rather than comparing the consoles, compare the games because that is what you'll be doing most with it right? @ OP

Link100p said:
It's not the main selling point, it's just there if you need it.

Sorry, but when someones mentions DS, one thinks "touchscreen" that clearly indicates that it is the main selling point of the console.

What else could be the main selling point of the console? For instance, with the Xbox, Xbox Live would be the main selling point. Games don't come into the equation at all, so I'm struggling to see what else could be the main selling point of a DS?
Actually, people tend to think dual screens, which isn't the main selling point either. The main selling point is the games are actually good, where as PSP just seems to be console ports and spin offs. Sony don't even seem to care.

Taken from a review site.

The main selling point behind the DS revolves around its innovative use of both dual screen and touch screen technology.

So are they wrong now aswell?

Well the main selling point for me was the fact that the DS has some genuinely good, interesting games. This is coming from someone who doesn't usually play games and very rarely buys new consoles.

Okay go back before the DS was even released. Could Nintendo have gone

"yes we've just made this new console, its going to have some neat games on it, oh and it has a touch screen and all that which will take your games to a whole new level, but never mind that, the games is the main selling point, even though every console out there has games and you don't even know what games they are and even though we invested loads into making this touch screen, its really these games that you don't know of yet that will be the main selling point"

Yes games do sell the DS, yes you may buy the DS for the games but Nintendos main selling point of the DS is the touch screen.

You can have your own selling point i.e. games but you never said that it was your own personal selling point like WTFDaveMustaine has.

Jesus tap dancing Christ. The main selling point for ANY console is the games. The touch screen is just there, no matter what any ****** review site may say (Just because they get paid, doesn't mean they know) Really, your argument for why the PSP is better than the DS, on the grounds that most games don't require the Stylus as the main concept, doesn't work.

Link100p said:
your argument for why the PSP is better than the DS,

Where did I say the PSP is "better" than the DS?

I seemed to only mention my disappointment in the DS and why I prefered the PSP.

Link100p said:
The main selling point for ANY console is the games.

Saying that games are the main selling point of a console is like saying the main selling point of a car is that it can drive because every car can drive and that every console can play games.

Let me state a few of the most obvious selling points of many consoles.

PS2 = Can play DVDs
Xbox = Xbox Live
PS3 = Built in harddrive + Blu-Ray
Wii = Wii-mote

Okay, another example to show you that games simply can't be the main selling point of a console from the respective companies view.

Take the Xbox 360 Premium package and also take the Xbox 360 Elite. Now people are not going to buy an Elite if it can just play games that the Premium can, will they?

So what is the main selling point of the Elite? The main selling point of the Elite is the new HDMI connection and bigger harddrive.

Like I'm not stopping you from saying that it could be your selling point but you've never used "my" or "I" when mentioning selling point in the same line.

Plus Nintendo can't state that the main selling point of the DS is "good games" because they can't decide the quality of third party developers and add to the fact that not everyone has the same taste in games.

Do you understand now?

1) Yes, you may have your own selling point
2) No, Games companies can't make games the main selling point as people have different tastes.
3) Yes, they can make Blu-Ray, touchscreen etc. a main selling point

Link100p said:
Jesus tap dancing Christ. The main selling point for ANY console is the games. The touch screen is just there, no matter what any ****** review site may say (Just because they get paid, doesn't mean they know) Really, your argument for why the PSP is better than the DS, on the grounds that most games don't require the Stylus as the main concept, doesn't work.

tbf most psp games are just remakes of the ps2/psx ones XD

Calm down people, the DS has a touch screen and good games, do we really need to argue over what the main selling point is? There are many main selling points for any product.

OH-EM-GEE, DA DS HAS A TOUCH SCREEN DAT IS ZA LIFE BLOOD OF DA DS, SRSLY.

But yes, all of us can basically agree DS for the games, unless you want a hand-held brick Media center called PSP. [I wouldn't be caught dead listening to music on that, EVER.]

Jayme said:
Light said:
Ok i just wondered which was better in your personal opinion since i figured this board wasn't into fanboyism much :eek:

Only Consoles and Final Fantasy

EDIT: and Evangelion

True :D
Still i just wanted to know if a ds or a psp which was worth my money quite early on Ds was the way to go :D
Then out comes the googles and the wiki's and then you know your in for a rough ride :cry:

Light said:
Jayme said:
Light said:
Ok i just wondered which was better in your personal opinion since i figured this board wasn't into fanboyism much :eek:

Only Consoles and Final Fantasy

EDIT: and Evangelion

True :D
Still i just wanted to know if a ds or a psp which was worth my money quite early on Ds was the way to go :D
Then out comes the googles and the wiki's and then you know your in for a rough ride :cry:

Go for the DS I'm sure you'll like it.

There is nothing fan-boy about my comments either. I'm just debating the main selling point of the DS from Nintendos point of view. Like if you were into first person shooters and told you that the main selling point of the DS was its games, that doesn't really answer your question as you could have easily looked up what games the DS had and did not have. Whereas I said the touchscreen was the main selling point, thus you know that this is incorporated into games and actually helps FPS and makes them more playable and I gave an opinion and said I didn't like that aspect of the DS. Then all of a sudden my own opinion is being bashed, claiming that the stylus is not needed at all, but if that's the case why did Nintendo bother putting it on the DS?

For instance if Nintendo announced to people that the Wii-mote isn't all its cracked up to be and the games play the same if you use the Gamecube controller, wouldn't that just make the Wii a Gamecube?

That brain training game would be useless without the stylus so how could it be possible that the touchscreen is not the main selling point as it improves the connection between the user and the game?

Espy said:
Zen 2nd said:
Link100p said:
Zen 2nd said:
Do you understand now?
You just don't get it.

Fine, you can continue to be ignorant.

I fail to see what this debate is aiming to achieve.

What I'm trying to achieve is to show to Link100p that games are not the main selling point of the DS. If that were true why didn't the Gamecube sell more? The Gamecube had some truly amazing games yet it ended up in last place behind Xbox and PS2 so it doesn't make much sense to say the same for the DS.

Espy said:
It's still quite a trivial thing to get worked up over.

If it is such a trivial thing to get worked up about there is no need for him to reply either, I've stated my points anyway.

Plus never once did I say that the PSP was better than the DS yet he claimed I did, this seemed a bit unfair and appears that he was just out to make me look bad. :p

Hmmm i'd go with the DS if i were you. Admittedly i havent played much of mine (i just havent found a game i can really get into) but when i think of the psp i can think of even less games i'd like to play.

I suppose it depends on what you want to do with it though, a friend of mine has a PSP (he uses it to listen to music and watch films waaaay more than play strangely) So if you want a gaming system that can also operate as a small media station go with that - just make sure you use it! Loco Roco, Wipeout and...Katamari i think it was called are the memorable games i can remember on it.

I'm wavering on my DS but i still switch it on every couple of weeks, at the end of the day it seems like i only spent £100 on something i hardly play compared to spending around....£170 on the psp? Its around that price isnt it? Fleh.

I think i wasnt meant to be a handheld gamer......

Back