Why.....

SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
....is it in dubs of anime, whenever there is Japanese writing they never translate it!? It's driving me crazy!!

dunno what shows you're watching but most dvd's do translate signs (mainly if they're important ones)

if your on about anime on TV, it's something to do with the settings they run their dvd's on

Ryo Chan said:
dunno what shows you're watching but most dvd's do translate signs (mainly if they're important ones)
On TV they don't show sign subs and Manga Entertainment UK and some Beez releases don't have sign only subtitles either.

Yeah, I noticed that with the Bleach release of last month - Any Japanese characters on-screen were never translated and it was very annoying. I hope they sort it out soon!

Ryo Chan said:

It's from The Melanchory of Haruhi Suzumiya and yes it is important it's when Haruhi and Kyon are in closed space and Yuki talks to Kyon through the computer. Then again, I'm watching it on Youtube, so that may explain it, (it is a dub by the way, unless Japanese suddenly started sounding a lot like English) don't worry, I intend to buy the DVDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
Ryo Chan said:

It's from The Melanchory of Haruhi Suzumiya and yes it is important it's when Haruhi and Kyon are in closed space and Yuki talks to Kyon through the computer. Then again, I'm watching it on Youtube, so that may explain it, (it is a dub by the way, unless Japanese suddenly started sounding a lot like English) don't worry, I intend to buy the DVDs.

If you intend to buy the DVDs, then why do you need to watch it on Youtube?

Fudce said:
SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
Ryo Chan said:

Cause I'm an impatient git who watches it first then buys the DVD. I don't know why.......I feel bad cheating the industry and I do prefer to have the real thing. Like I said, I'm impatient.

SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
Cause I'm an impatient git who watches it first then buys the DVD. I don't know why.......I feel bad cheating the industry and I do prefer to have the real thing. Like I said, I'm impatient.

Then why complain about the quality?

SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
Fudce said:
SchoolRumble4Ever! said:
Ryo Chan said:

I have the DVD's theres an option for subs with no signs and one for subs with signs, who ever ripped it was an idiot who ripped the wrong sub stream (and uploaded it to youtube which is dumb enough on its own)

I'm not too keen on the Haruhi dub anyway, The entire cast sounds way to mature for their age. Also, YouTube sucks for anime. I rather buying first and experiencing the dub firsthand. You never used to be able to hear dubs often, Now AnimeCentral and all that jazz we can hear some of 'em. Which is pretty damn good in my books.

Never watched anime on youtube. The quality pisses me off too much. I watch Fansubs before buying the DVD like. I used to buy DVDs first and think later but the wallet wasn't too happy about it. Always good to know your buying quility before hand.
Back to point though, It also grinds my gears that they don't sub signs on TV. They also don't sub written letters that characters are reading in some cases! argh! They should get a setting where the dub and sign sub run in conjuction otherwise, what's the point. ¬_¬

veoh has high quality fansubs on it..
anyone seen bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo on tv?..that has soooo much stuff in japanese and it doesn't translate it!
some parts of naruto doesn't translate either..but i've watched all the up to date stuff but i'm still gonna buy the dvds ><
<<<<<Naruto nut!(quite sad...in a good way ^^)

rocklee said:
anyone seen bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo on tv?..that has soooo much stuff in japanese and it doesn't translate it!

Yeah, It's a shame since a lot of the time, the japanese writing is part of a joke. Without it it just isn't funny.

Deidara said:
rocklee said:

Yeah, It's a shame since a lot of the time, the japanese writing is part of a joke. Without it it just isn't funny.
Although, in the dub they do seriously mock that its a Japanese cartoon, "HEY GET THAT JAPANESE WRITING OFF ME, I'M TOO COOL FOR THAT" Hah. I like the show, Just wish it got more attention in the world, At least release the manga fully. =/ Please VIZ, Please.

Jayme said:
Although, in the dub they do seriously mock that its a Japanese cartoon, "HEY GET THAT JAPANESE WRITING OFF ME, I'M TOO COOL FOR THAT" Hah. I like the show, Just wish it got more attention in the world, At least release the manga fully. =/ Please VIZ, Please.
They mock? How do they mock it?

Fudce said:
Jayme said:
They mock? How do they mock it?
I quoted the type of thing they do. There are several other variations of the things they do. Nothing offensive to the Japanese people though, Its all in good humor. I would imagine there are videos on some streaming sites, Or you can watch it on Jetix at 8:00PM, Every Friday - Sunday I think. Some continuity, Not much though.

Mayn, I want Sky back so I watch Bo-bo-bo-bobo-bo-bo, it's hilarious. ;_;

But yeah, that's the dubs alternative instead of getting the joke in the Japanese text "HAHAHA, look at those stupid Japanese symbols." It makes sense, srsly.

Back