Winter 2009 Anime Season: Our regular 'anime' crapfest...

Watched White Album and Akikan today...

White Album is definitley on my 'to watch list', especially the realistic long distance relationship between them and the strain of it because Yuki is a pop idol.

Akikan on the other hand, IS A HORRIBLE ANIME. I had to watch it because I offered to do it, so I can review it for another forum, but the animation is clearly unsuperior to the two I've seen (White Album and Kurokami), the story is basically a perverted teenager who is a virgin and whatever he says have some sort of male chauvanistic line, especially the...

'You like giving yourself to you when I put money in you. You're a bad girl', which is to a BLOODY VENDING MACHINE.

And there's a lesbian girl, which is... surprise, surprise, a boy hater who is a bit perverted and has a liking on one girl. And the story? A Soda Can becomes a girl at the touch of the lips when she's been drink...

WORSE ANIME OF THE WINTER SEASON SO FAR.

Ammy said:

White Album is definitley on my 'to watch list', especially the realistic long distance relationship between them and the strain of it because Yuki is a pop idol.
sonds interesting. I will try and check that one out when I can.

Ammy said:
'You like giving yourself to you when I put money in you. You're a bad girl', which is to a BLOODY VENDING MACHINE.
what?

Ammy said:
And there's a lesbian girl, which is... surprise, surprise, a boy hater who is a bit perverted and has a liking on one girl. And the story? A Soda Can becomes a girl at the touch of the lips when she's been drink...
WHAT?

chaos said:
Ammy said:

sonds interesting. I will try and check that one out when I can.

Ammy said:
what?

Ammy said:
WHAT?

Honestly, I don't know why the Japanese like these kind of stuff. It's just another excuse to have a female character catering to a social-outcast, virgin, male chauvinistic reject. It's like women grows on trees for these people in anime.

Nice to see other people despising Akikan for the mindless god awful tripe that it is.
Sora o Kakeru Shōjo - does this have ANYTHING to do with the girl who leapt through time or is it just a shameless cash in? Not that it's bad, just after watching the film it was a little brain bending trying to link the two.
Ride Back- Nice first episode, gently introducing concepts, history and characters. Just hope the girl invests in a pair of trousers.
The tower of Druaga ~the sword of Uruk~- hoping that they will keep more to the serious side of the anime rather than the sillyness of the 1st series.

hopeful_monster said:
Sora o Kakeru Shōjo - does this have ANYTHING to do with the girl who leapt through time or is it just a shameless cash in? Not that it's bad, just after watching the film it was a little brain bending trying to link the two.

I was under the impression that they were completely unrelated - the series above was given the name to associate it with the film in the same way that Gunbuster (Aim for the Top!) was linked to the similarly unrelated show "Aim for the Ace!" through cunning naming.

In Gunbuster's case the second series riding on the fame of the first was actually still a good, quality show. I'll be skipping Sorakake though as it hasn't managed to stand out on its own strengths yet.

R

Back