Would any of the main TV channels show anime series now?

why are western countrys such sissies when it comes to badassary anime, its like if theres a gun in a anime they replace it with a bloody walky talky E.T reference

animefreak17 said:
why are western countrys such sissies when it comes to badassary anime, its like if theres a gun in a anime they replace it with a bloody walky talky E.T reference
I wouldn't say they're "sissies". It's more like, people in western countries don't give anime good viewing figures or sales compared with other shows. I'm sure some channels would even air Legend of the Overfiend if the viewing figures would be high enough.

For example, imagine you work in a small store with limited shelf space that sells sold two different brands of say, shampoo. One brand of shampoo is locally produced, is cheaper to buy and gets more sales, while the other is foreign made, costs more to buy per unit and doesn't sell very much. If you were forced into a position where you could only sell one of them in your store, which one would you sell? That's all it boils down to in the end. It isn't some vendetta against Japanese anime or anything, it's just that it doesn't get rating figures as good as shows they could air in those timeslots instead.

And hell, if an anime dubbing company successfully manages to censor an appearance of a gun into a reference to E.T., they deserve their money xD

lol still just think about it we've seen censored anime on tv before

dragonball z
pokemon
yugioh
naruto

ect the list goes on

because they want it more P.C *parental care* and this pisses me off. you know where im coming from

Someone asked this at an industry panel at the MCM Expo in London a year or so ago.

The answer? No. I think it was even said that they couldn't give the stuff away as no-one wanted to advertise around it which isn't something you want if you're running a commercial channel.

Outside of Anime for kids with tie-in merchandise and the odd mainstream (for Anime) film, I'd be surprised to see any Anime on the main TV channels.

animefreak17 said:
lol still just think about it we've seen censored anime on tv before

dragonball z
pokemon
yugioh
naruto

ect the list goes on

because they want it more P.C *parental care* and this pisses me off. you know where im coming from
Blame Ofcom? I doubt the channels themselves want to be PC on purpose - though they will want to avoid trouble and stick to whatever broadcasting guidelines are in place.

i blame the control freaks of this country because when it come down, who exactly wants to censor not just anime but alsorts of media,
the control freaks and head up there a**** people who think everything has to be perfect the way they want it because its different or is a no no for for kicks, like the gun comments iv been saying, in this country at the age of 8 kids are having sex and at age 6 they've seen guns,

in the US they have kids who has had sex at 6 and has seen a gun at 4, the people in this country and the US dont even know what the hell is going on in the country,

i doubt a few fags, guns, blood stains, saying bastard and ass, would make a whole difference, in fact i think these would actually bring in more kids to watch more anime. because cartoons are.............. well cartoony and doesn't have any of these,

come on dont tell me non of you was attracted to the violence of DBZ with its bone braking fist flying goodness,

with cartoons its either for family or kids but for anime it can be for anyone from G - 18 kids to adults.

im just stocked im not really sure how we could get the public in to anime, unless we got a few 100 random people and got them to watch death note or cowboy bepop,

im not sure

Just because something is going on, doesn't mean it's right to glorify (couldn't think of a better word) it on screen and to be honest - the kids aren't really going to be bothered if something is censored as they'll likely know no difference.

Yes the world has gone PC Mad, but that's a different discussion altogether.

These things have to be censored for TV. Children imitate, it's how they learn. So....imagain what all the children did in my village when they watched Power Rangers. They would reinact it and pretty much beat each other up.

So imagain if they left in the swear words? Every child would be calling each other a bastard. Which would cause the parents to get furious and it would be taken off the air.

And no, I wasn't drawn in to Dragonball Z due to the fighting.

I hardly doubt it's that much PC, considering what they get up to in soaps like Eastenders and Coronation Street all before watershed. Any parent that watches, there children surly will too. That said it's doubtful, unless they'd want to re-air Cardcaptors

Back