X-Men Anime Promo Release

Man, who gives a **** about Cyclops or Wolverine when this series is meant to have Armor in it?

444970-astonishing_x_men_vol_3_21_textless_super.jpg

I quite like Cyclops' design in the screenshots near the bottom, but the character art above looks hilariously bad (especially the ridiculous third pose).

Totally buying this anyway. However dodgy some of it looks, I did manage to sit through all of Wolverine and the X-Men and Evolution, and this looks much more watchable than the recent Wolverine/Iron Man projects. I also quite like the Basilisk-style design for Armor (as best seen in the lower screenshots), but then I did enjoy Basilisk.

R

JohnC said:
Cyclops has already appeared in an episode of Wolverine and I thought he looked alright.

This looks like it may well have a different art style though, unlike Wolverine and Iron Man. I wonder what Blade will be like, I'd lol if they just painted Alucard from Hellsing black =P

I liked the Tartovski Clone Wars but I like the less exaggerated powers in the newer series more, I've only watched the first two seasons, I just wish I knew where they were going with this Ahsoka character and how they are going to write her out of the continuity.

Having looked at trailers for iron man and wolverine, I actually think Iron man might appeal to me, maybe its the scary thought of the alternatives, 1994's iron man series :( and that weird armoured adventures where Tony is a high schooler :eek:

Wolverine in the series looks too young and fresh faced. They should have given him the mutton chops like any good 1980's anime lead.

Omaru_SD said:
I liked the Tartovski Clone Wars but I like the less exaggerated powers in the newer series more, I've only watched the first two seasons, I just wish I knew where they were going with this Ahsoka character and how they are going to write her out of the continuity.

Having looked at trailers for iron man and wolverine, I actually think Iron man might appeal to me, maybe its the scary thought of the alternatives, 1994's iron man series :( and that weird armoured adventures where Tony is a high schooler :eek:

Wolverine in the series looks too young and fresh faced. They should have given him the mutton chops like any good 1980's anime lead.

No. No. Please don't do that to yourself. Iron Man is massively boring and cliche in the extreme, Wolverine is actually a huge improvement over it (though it's still only ok). Just watch Iron Man 1 and 2 again, nothing in the anime comes close to being as interesting or visually impressive. I'm a huge IM fan and I wanted to love it, but it's just not very good at all.

If you really want to see IM anime, just rewatch the first 2d animated trailer. It's better than the entire 12 episode series.

You don't think when the designers were researching Cyclops, they didn't mistake Jean Grey for "Gene Gay" do you? That's the vibe I get from him xD

Back