Yay Japanese cookies.

Outlawstar

Thousand Master
I know someone who has a japanese student and knowing that Im into Japan etc, she saved me a genuine packet of japanese cookies so I thought Id share a few pics.
These things taste unbelievable.
Like some super suger injected shortbread.

Jayme said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:
Japanese sweets are so overrated, and that's coming from someone who really knows.

Lawl @ Japanese Kit Kats

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I've tried much more than those, from traditional Japanese stuff to a huge range of Pocky and suchforth that I haven't reviewed yet. You would have to be a giant, giant weeaboo to actually prefer their stuff over our own, or have some very strange tastebuds.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
You would have to be a giant weeaboo to actually prefer their stuff over our own
This guy wins.

I buy pocky sometimes, if I'm in Liverpool, it's alright, but chocolate we get is so much better. ;/

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Jayme said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:
Japanese sweets are so overrated, and that's coming from someone who really knows.

Lawl @ Japanese Kit Kats

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I've tried much more than those, from traditional Japanese stuff to a huge range of Pocky and suchforth that I haven't reviewed yet. You would have to be a giant, giant weeaboo to actually prefer their stuff over our own, or have some very strange tastebuds.

Oh. Its just the Peach Kit Kats, Green Tea Kit Kats and the like were quite funny. The type of things that would never see in a supermarket over here. XD. Meh. I don't know myself how I'm going to end this post. so yeah.

Jayme said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:
Jayme said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:

Lawl @ Japanese Kit Kats

Oh. Its just the Peach Kit Kats, Green Tea Kit Kats and the like were quite funny. The type of things that would never see in a supermarket over here. XD. Meh. I don't know myself how I'm going to end this post. so yeah.

I see what you mean. In terms of one off things and novelty value, Japan's the bomb for things like this. But considering that Pocky can be anywhere between 60p-£2 or so depending on the flavour and where you go, I just cannot understand why anyone would choose it over...well whatever really, we have a pretty big choice.

Serious business, but I hope you can sort of see my point. I've been there and done that, and the stuff is average, really really average.

I'm just gonna double post and say that things like this obviously don't just go for sweets. I worry for a person's sanity when they start preferring things just because it came from a certain country. I mean anime's cool and all, but I'd like it whether it was from Japan or from Wales (oooh...).

Liking something just because it's Japanese isn't far off from starting to add 'Kun', 'San' and 'Sensai' to people's names, and then wearing Naruto headbands in public and randomly glomping people or whatever that giant hug thing is called.

Alright, I went off one on there, but again I hope you see my point, I mean the original post even says "super suger injected shortbread", well...yeah, it's ******* shortbread! I could make the same thing in my kitchen with some preparation, why such a fuss just because it's Japanese?

Doberman Pharaoh said:
I'm just gonna double post and say that things like this obviously don't just go for sweets. I worry for a person's sanity when they start preferring things just because it came from a certain country. I mean anime's cool and all, but I'd like it whether it was from Japan or from Wales (oooh...).

Liking something just because it's Japanese isn't far off from starting to add 'Kun', 'San' and 'Sensai' to people's names, and then wearing Naruto headbands in public and randomly glomping people or whatever that giant hug thing is called.

Alright, I went off one on there, but again I hope you see my point, I mean the original post even says "super suger injected shortbread", well...yeah, it's ******* shortbread! I could make the same thing in my kitchen with some preparation, why such a fuss just because it's Japanese?

I guess the reason it would get posted on here is because Anime originates from Japan. And things related to Japan have a higher chance of getting posted instead of something just from some random country. As you said, If Anime was from wales then we would have welsh sweets and other things being posted.

Most of us can't experience 'it' firsthand, so just small bit of information is quite interesting every now and again.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
why such a fuss just because it's Japanese?
Because the guy is from an animu community wanting to show off GENUINE Japanese[?] food to some people and be all "Zomg, I got some Japanese cookie worth 20p. ^___^" [No offense, dawg. That means you, Outlawstar.]

The "san" "kun" "chan" "sama" thing, uh... that's just peoples obessions because they've learned Japanese phrases which're added on to peoples names in terms of respect, and showing off their animu knowledge.

And you're not the only guy who's noticing it, mayn.

"Hato sabure"- pidgeon shaped buiscuits. They're too "eggy" for me.

Japanese sweets and stuff are crap compared to the stuff in the UK. Aero's here taste sh!te, and Pocky is... well... just crap. Why they're so popular overseas is a mystery. You can have ALL the Japanese sweets if you just give me some Galaxy Hazelnut and a BIG bag of Mini-Egg's!

P.S. and some Dandilion and Burdock and/or Tizer and/or Iron-Bru, 'cos they all RULE for EVAR!!!

Doberman Pharaoh said:

Okay D pharaoh, just breathe.

Back