Your Taste in >>Music<<

I grew up listening to Hip Hop, RnB and Rap, dont get me wrong, im not hypnotised by all this wannabe gangster stuff, I listen to the Deep end of Rap like 2Pac, Ja Rule. But thats just one of my type of musics. I like a lot of Usher songs and Destinys Child are cool.

Rock was never one of my favourite Genres, mainly becuase I thought it was just full of angry screaming retards.... but that all changed a year ago where I was listening to Linkin Park as a means to get away from my other tastes, and boooooooooooy did I like Rock, I LOVE it, I even like the screaming! I even like a few Slipknot tracks, White stripes own, !!Nirvana!!, this is all the western rock that I like, but even before that, it was all about Dir En Grey, I loved em and other Jrock to bits!!! Rocks become a favourite taste that I still wanna continue to listen to!! it OWWWWWWNZ!! haha!! J ROCK is COOOOL!! Orange Range are v cool as well!! I listen to a lot of Linkin Park and the rest is just J Rock now.

I like indie as well, any type of music that has good beats, expressive lyrics, with meaningful lyrics, good vocalists, I'll like it.

hmmm and omg I like Dizzee Rascal lol

Bhangra is also a big part of my music taste, a lot of artists you might not have heard of, but Bhangra is also a big part of my music! hehe

Did I mention I like J Rock! loool I used to like JPop but............. I got tired of the Squeaky Ladies, the men are badass though,

Michael Jackson.... man.... he is a legend!! I got most of his tracks.... his music is jus freaking cool!!!

I grew up listening to pop music, Steps ruled! :lol: then I got into Rock/Alternative music, Green Day, Switchfoot, The Goo Goo Dolls etc, I cant stand hip/'op, RnB, Dance etc.

I also love JRock and JPop, its something totally different from the western world.

Rock and Jazz are now what i listen to but i had been brought up with rock, jazz and a bit of pop..i got fed up of pop so i don't listen to it now..and i detest Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop and Dance.

Experimental electronic ie: Venetian Snares, Aphex Twin
(Americans call it IDM, I think)

Dont like grunge, metal, pop etc etc (basically anything played on the radio. Radio sucks)

Well, I grew up with pop. You know, Backstreet boys, Steps, Spice Girls etc.
But as of late, they're bringing out these half rap, half pop crud with 1-shot artists that I've never heard of before...

So I've been with rock for a while now. Any kind of rock is good with me, as long as it's not all screams (Maralyn Manson), or just plain aweful.
Such bands I've listened to one time or another:
Linkin Park, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down, Nickleback, WWE album...
and some one shots...
Oh, and of course some Anime/J-pop stuff... OSTs own XD

Chaz said:
Any kind of rock is good with me, as long as it's not all screams...
Linkin Park
Seriously... the guy in Linkin Park does hardly anything BUT scream. The shouts his way from song to song.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Chaz said:
Any kind of rock is good with me, as long as it's not all screams...
Linkin Park
Seriously... the guy in Linkin Park does hardly anything BUT scream. The shouts his way from song to song.
Ever heard of a band called SlipKnot or Cannibal Corpse? I'm sure you'd find them more appealing with screams.

Anyway, I like anything I like the sound of. I have a music collection which has songs taken from other countries due to my connections with people on MSN. XP

I mainly listen to the more "poppy" end of the rock scale....generally pretty energetic stuff with pretty simple lyrics and no extreme screaming and stuff. Zebrahead, Less Than Jake, The Ataris, Jimmy Eat World, etc. etc...

i have quite a wide taste in music,
i like my dance, electronic, d'n'b, techno.
(daft punk, aphex twin, boards of canada, pendulum, jamiroquai, locust toybox)
rock and indie stuff (feeder, keane, vhs or beta, bloc party)

and i love my Jpop/Jrock tooooo!! :D

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Rukario said:
Ever heard of a band called SlipKnot or Cannibal Corpse? I'm sure you'd find them more appealing with screams.
Please clarify what you mean...

He means, the lyrics may as well not exist in their songs because you cant hear them, slipknot is just a loud noise. RAWR!!!!

People say I'm very fussy for music, and, well its true.
I like punk/metal/rock etc. But it has to be a certain type, and I go off bands REALLY quickly, for example, I really loved the J-Rock band Dir en Grey for a while, now I can't stand listening to more than half the stuff (I still like the track ' OBSCURE' xD).
I like soundtracks too, of course almost all of them being anime or video-games..^^"

Back