Your viewing journal

Triage X (Japanese Dub) - Episodes 11-12 (Complete)

I've had a look at the Blu-ray screenshots from the first Japanese volume. Ohhhh myy... (*George Takei voice*)

But yeah overall it's not for everyone. I'm satisfied with it considering I've always wanted to check out the manga and this anime at least gave me an idea of what the story is and the characters etc. I like the soundtrack at the very least.

Okusama ga Seitokaichou! e.1 - Taketatsu Ayana is great. No further comment.

Wakaba Girl e.1 - This just about killed me, amongst the funniest eight minutes of anime I've seen for a while.

GATE e.1 - Wow, this has some serious potential. Even though it's not a 100% original premise, it felt really fresh and Itami instantly comes across as a compelling lead.

Classroom Crisis e.1 - Managed to hide a lot of details about itself quite well through the episode, but obviously can't rely on that again. I'm hopeful after this first episode, though (and given how much I enjoyed Saekano, I'm expecting this to be more than fine even if it settles into "just" being a rom-com - that does not seem to be the case, though, officially). The character design is excellent and varied, and I thought Uchida Yuuma sounded great as Nagisa. The voice cast overall seems to have a few relatively young seiyuu alongside Morikubo Showtaro and they seem to be headed in the right direction. There were a lot of neat animation touches to boot.

Is The Order a Rabbit?-Episodes 3 and 4

Episode 3: A Metal Gear Solid reference in a cute girl anime? Huh.

Episode 4: Quite a funny episode. Probably my favourite so far. Lack of Lize was a minus though.

Gundam Seed-Episodes 11-15

Episode 11: Looks like Flay is going nuts. If I thought she was causing problems now, I can't wait to see what she does in the future.

Episode 13: Great episode for action. Also, that ending. If there is one way to make your Villains evil, murdering escaping civilians is certainly one way to go about it. Also, Flay kissing Kira felt a little off. I feel as if all she has done is talk **** about him. I guess I'll attribute that to the whole 'going nuts' thing. Besides, isn't she supposed to be with Sai? I foresee that being an issue later.

Episode 14: A filler episode 14 episodes in? Booooooo.

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
Nanaka 6/17
I wonder how many people have actually seen this. I enjoyed it a fair bit, it has some pretty good ideas but unfortunately it doesn't always make the most of them. Still, I remember laughing a fair bit at the comedy (maybe more than it deserved sometimes) and there are still some pretty strong emotional moments you might not expect.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is The Order a Rabbit?-Episode 2

I really like this show but I can't help but feel it's missing something. Like I love Kiniro Mosaic and Non Non Byori and this does similar things to those, it's funny, it's well animated, a fairly diverse cast in terms of personality but it just doesn't feel as good. I just can't put my finger on it.
I've been wondering if you've kind of spoiled yourself by watching the best shows first. It could also be a side effect of how subjective the genre is in general, since it relies heavily on how much the characters in a show appeal to you. It kind of reminds me of that scene in Shirobako where they're trying to choose which option is the most cute. Still, it's tough to give up on the idea of ranking things.

Anyway, I'd say it's probably best to try and put comparisons to other shows out of your head a bit if you can. Otherwise you might miss what's in front of you because you're too busy thinking about good times in the past.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is The Order a Rabbit?-Episode 3

A Metal Gear Solid reference in a cute girl anime? Huh.

Gundam Seed-Episodes 11 and 12

Episode 11: Looks like Flay is going nuts. If I thought she was causing problems now, I can't wait to see what she does in the future.

Flay is one of my favourite Gundam characters - she's totally mental, and just gets more and more twisted as things go along.

Lutga said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Flay is one of my favourite Gundam characters - she's totally mental, and just gets more and more twisted as things go along.

Looking forward to see where her character goes.

Lutga said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

To be honest I just feel really really really sorry for her when I first saw seed.... kinda heart braking

Aoharu x Kikanjuu - ep 1

So this basically seems like it'll be a more serious, less funny take on Sabagebu - with a sprinkling of BL thrown into the mix, subverted by the fact the main character is a reverse trap. I didn't really enjoy it that much, but will probably stick with it another few eps to see if it improves..

Rokka - ep 1

Suffers from a little too much exposition, but does has some interesting action sequences and character designs. I like that it's going for a properly old school fantasy feel too, like something out of the 90s. The Aztec stylings are kind of cool too. Definitely not one of the best shows of the new season so far, but seems like it could go places as more characters are introduced.

Kill la Kill - Episodes 9 & 10

Quite an action-packed pair today, both episodes ultimately falling squarely into typical shonen - which is fine. Gamagoori has certainly become one of my favourite characters, and I look forward to seeing how his character progresses after this arc has come to a conclusion.

Aoharu x Kikanjuu e.1 - This was quite delightful. Hotaru is cute as a button, and the general insanity swept the show along at a great pace.

Charlotte e.1 - Ahahahaha, this ????ing guy. I was not expecting something this irreverent, but it was a promising start in its own way.

Working!!3 e.1 - What is there left to be said about this series? Only that despite the four year break, it feels like we never left.

Rokka e.1 - Places and names and demons and heroes. This show is easy on both the eyes and ears in many ways, but it's too early to form an opinion.

Back