Your viewing journal

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon ep 9. Fanservice/beach episode, with added tentacles.

Attack on Titan: Junior High ep 10. I wasn't expecting the references to an OVA, that's a nice touch. One of the funny episodes.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ep 10.

The Perfect Insider ep 9.

Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 8-12

Episode 8: Well that was a surreal episode to say the least. I'm actually surprised this is one element of Azumanga Daioh that no other show (at least one I've seen) has seemed to have done, an episode almost completely set in the dreams of its characters. It allows for some really out there moments, not really funny per say (At least not all of them) but just kind of weird but in a good way. I'm also amazed at just how much comedy potential they can get out of Chiyo's pigtails. It's really something to behold. It's also sad to see that even in her dream, Sakaki can't get a cat :(

Episode 9: An episode based entirely around Sakaki? Yes please! You know, I used to think that Homura from Madoka Magica was possibly the most tragic character in Anime until I saw this show and witnessed the suffering that is Sakaki.

Episode 10: I really hope Osaka manages to get it together by the third year.

Episode 11: So not only did cats run away from Sakaki now they are actively picking fights with her?! What did she ever do to cats?

Episode 12: Adorable episode! I hope there are more Chiyo focused episodes in the future.

Love, Chunibyo and Other delusions

Episodes 1-3: Somewhat enjoyable so far, premise is interesting enough but unsure how long i'll find it funny, good job it's only 1 cour!

Is The Order A Rabbit??/Gochumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?? (Season 2) Episode 9.

This was a pretty great episode, so many nice outfit changes. I'm going to count Syaro's fantasy as character development, it's nice to see this played straight (kind of) rather than as a joke involving some kind of misunderstanding (well, technically that was involved but on the other end).

Some dangerous levels of cuteness going on, especially with Chimame Tai. I guess the Fleur de Lapin outfit probably counts more as fanservice but it's fun to see characters try something different.

I can't quite tell if I already liked the show this much or if I like it even more now. It's probably one of those things where you get used to the characters and lose any possibility of being objective.

britguy said:
Love, Chunibyo and Other delusions

Episodes 1-3: Somewhat enjoyable so far, premise is interesting enough but unsure how long i'll find it funny, good job it's only 1 cour!
Or is it? (Isn't there a second season? I guess it's not out here yet though).

World Trigger - Episode 20-23

Every episode begins with a whopping 2 minute long recap, full of stuff most people worked out 22 episodes ago, and somehow they still manage to miss hugely important events. Maybe it's just me, but if the climax of your episode involves a very specific moment from another episode that hasn't been referenced or mentioned since, I feel like you should maybe include it in the recap instead of explaining what Neigbors are for the 452nd time?

I read that there's another 15 episodes left of this arc, not quite sure how they're going to pull that off, especially since things are escalating fairly quickly. I can only assume they'll do what they did with Jin's prediction from a few episodes back and just pretend the ominous events didn't happen, until they become relevant again.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon ep 10. Yandere imouto?

Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation- ep 10. In the final stretch now, and I'm expecting plenty of revelations in the next episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
YuruYuri (Season 3) Episode 10.

This episode was kind of oddly set up, it seemed a lot like a final episode and I wasn't sure there'd be another one until the episode preview.

The big final episode-like story wasn't all that strong either, I think more because they just didn't seem to be able to set up the right atmosphere rather than because of the outcome being somewhat predictable. The episode in general wasn't too bad, though it wasn't quite up to the level of the last few. I do tend to find that the "main four" can lack something if the rest of the cast aren't really involved so maybe it's mostly me.

The story wasn't all bad though, I did like the bit with Yui talking to Ayano (I like little details like Chitose's reaction as well) and a few of the other moments but it felt like it was trying too hard with the big point instead of just going along with things.

I did like the part with Yui and Akari, I don't think you see the two of them alone all that often so it made a nice change. Given how easily some of what they were up to could be misinterpreted, I was constantly worried that Chinatsu would show up at the wrong moment. When she sent a text to Akari asking "What are you doing right now?" I thought she might have meant it a bit differently. It was a fairly good segment in general really and felt more natural than the other story.

Overall, it was still quite an enjoyable episode. It's a shame there are so few episodes left now, it does still feel like too many of the characters haven't had as much time as I'd like. Even so, at least it does feel that quite a few of the characters have really made the most of the time they did have.

Mr. Osomatsu/Osomatsu-san Episode 10.

I expected some silly comedy this time after the last episode and that's what we got. On the plus side, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. It was silly but it managed to stay true to the characters and that probably helped to make it more fun for me.

Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 13 and 14

Episode 13: Always good to see Osaka asking the important questions in life. Especially the questions concerning walking in dog muck...
Episode 14: Another beach episode? Sure I'll take it. Also, RIP Chiyo's innocence.

The Seven Deadly Sins episodes 18-24 (Complete)

Really enjoyed this show, one of my favourites of the year. Can't wait for Season 2. Definitely recommend it for anyone that likes anything similar to Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist or Magi.

Back