Your viewing journal

ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me? Episode 13-15: Our Playball / Our End Run / Our Game (Japanese audio) - OVA

EhGafKxWkAMqpZ4

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 22 A taken place?

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 10 A tragic turn.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 34 Lore.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 9 Mother’s Talk.

Lupin III: Part II episodes 74-79 (On-Hold. A very fun, if formulaic, series which offers a variety of different ideas. I’ll complete this series one day but watching it in chunks like this feels like it works to the series’ advantage and to my enjoyment.)

Lupin III: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon (Film) Probably one of the more “out-there” entries in the Lupin franchise. I wasn’t as big a fan of it as other Lupin films/specials and the character designs weren’t as charming here either. 3/5

Wednesday 2nd - Friday 4th.

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 19

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense (English Dub) Episode 9

Hatena☆Illusion (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

The Demon Girl Next Door (English Dub) Episode 2

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 22

Fire Force Season 2 Episode 34

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 10

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax Episode 9

No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 21

ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me? (OVA) Episode 13 - 15

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Episode 34

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 9

Super HxEros Episode 9

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 9

I tend to only watch series one at a time rather than via weekly stream thingies, the last series I completed was a rewatch of Angelic Layer dubbed (I had only seen it once before and that was subbed), I think it holds up quite well, and I will probably rewatch it again in the future, it was engaging with thrilling action sequences in the angel battles, and the romances were handled well too., plus that little 5 year old girl in kindergarten who plays AL was adorable and there were some good laughs and it was generally very cute :) I'm glad I have a brand new copy of Anime Limited's CE set. Right now (yes literally right now!) I am watching Chihayafuru on the US BD releases, I'm on season 1 and have season 2 coming in the post soonish hopefully. Overall it is a very good series, and I find Chihaya's singlemindedness/obsession with karuta really interesting as I am autistic and while I am not quite as singleminded as her my special interests have felt quite intense before/like they are on my mind all the time. I like the other characters too! :)

Just completed The Adolescence of Utena. It's great, though I think I prefer the series more than the movie, but I think the movie might improve with a rewatch or two. 9/10 regardless.

the last series I completed was a rewatch of Angelic Layer

Funny thing with Angelic Layer is that I watched two or three episodes back in April, then put it on hold because I was already watching too much stuff side by side (I was already deep into Yu Yu Hakusho, Wolf's Rain and Michiko & Hatchin). Despite it being about five months ago, I still occasionally think about it despite it having a rather simplistic premise. It certainly left an impression, and I really got to pick it up again soon.

Afherlan yeah it's probably better than you'd think from the initial few eps but I liked those too so YMMV. It's a bit like Cardcaptor Sakura but with more action/less SOL feel and a better Eng dub than either of the Eng dubs for CCS (both shows sound great in Japanese ofc). I really enjoyed Wolf's Rain and Michiko and Hatchin too (watched them both subbed, Wolf's Rain is also depressing as heck but IMO worth it)! Yu Yu Hakusho is definitely good and I like the Funi dub but I decided if I had to pick one I'd rather put that time into Hunter X Hunter 2011 as it appears to have more solid plot progression and character development. But YYH is still very cool though and I love that slight feel of an old 80s horror OVA it has with all the freaky cel animated demons and monsters and the style of the dubbing (I have watched some of it in Japanese too) :) I love the Utena series and movie, I have watched them both multiple times, I agree the series is better but the movie has that lovely romantic sequence with them dancing on roses floating in water and lovely music playing tbf.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 10
Home invasion.

Fire Force s2 e10
It only takes a second...

Rent-A-Girlfriend ep 9
Got one Crunchyroll show in on the PS4 app before it stopped working! Tried the FireStick and nothing again!

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 10 Sneaking in.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episode 10 Secrets within the lake.

Doctor Who: The Aztecs The earliest surviving pure historical and a story about meddling in history and mistrust. Some of the sets also looked impressive for their time.

Last edited:
Azur Lane (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 6

The Misfit of Demon King Academy (English Dub) Episode 1

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou (English Dub) Episode 3

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 10 Stealthly break in.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 9 Beyond the point of no return.

Sword Art Online Alicization –War of Underworld– Episode 21 Retreival and Escape.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 10 Underwater secrets.

Lupin III: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon (Film) Probably one of the more “out-there” entries in the Lupin franchise. I wasn’t as big a fan of it as other Lupin films/specials and the character designs weren’t as charming here either. 3/5

Gold Babylon, along with the pink jacket era in general, used to be so widely hated among Lupin fans that I ended up feeling kind of sorry for it (I think it at least has a bit more snap to it than some of the phoned-in specials from the 2000s), but yeah, it’s not the franchise’s finest hour. It’s also slightly frustrating that this is the film we ended up with, instead of the unrealised Mamoru Oshii Lupin project that was originally intended to go into production at that time.

Gold Babylon, along with the pink jacket era in general, used to be so widely hated among Lupin fans that I ended up feeling kind of sorry for it (I think it at least has a bit more snap to it than some of the phoned-in specials from the 2000s), but yeah, it’s not the franchise’s finest hour. It’s also slightly frustrating that this is the film we ended up with, instead of the unrealised Mamoru Oshii Lupin project that was originally intended to go into production at that time.
Babylon does have some fun segments and ideas scattered throughout, and I’ll give Part III a watch eventually when it’s available to watch in the UK, but I’m very curious to see what sort of Lupin film we would have gotten with Mamoru Oshii at the helm.

Last edited:
I’m very curious to see what sort of Lupin film we would have gotten with Mamoru Oshii at the helm.

Well, according to the 009 Re:Cyborg page on Wikipedia, with a citation in Japanese, 009 Re:Cyborg was influenced by the Oshii Lupin Project.

The film was heavily influenced by Oshii Mamoru's cancelled Lupin the Third film, reusing elements of its plot such as the angel fossils, the giant tower in Tokyo, and the questioning of the main character's identity.

Kite [Rewatch] - Pretty good film with some great action scenes.

Watched this a few times now so not much I have to say

7/10 -> 7/10

Kite Liberator - Haha what. Wouldn't call this a "Sequel" to Kite but thats fine.....

But the story just kinda.... Happens. Its like Umetsu doesn't understand how to finish a film.

5/10

Mezzo Forte [Movie] [Rewatch]

That was really fun to watch. I guess this was 18+ to get funding / production with Green Bunny as neither scenes were needed

Will consider watching the series at some point

7/10 -> 8/10

Last edited:
Re: the Oshii Lupin film, there's some more detail on it and two pieces of concept art (by Yoshitaka Amano, no less) in this blog post on tumblr here.

Well, according to the 009 Re:Cyborg page on Wikipedia, with a citation in Japanese, 009 Re:Cyborg was influenced by the Oshii Lupin Project.

Yeah, I've not seen Re:Cyborg, but I'd heard that before as well. Notably, the idea of the giant tower in Tokyo, whose architect commits suicide, also crops up in the first Patlabor movie.

Given that this would have been just after Oshii did Beautiful Dreamer, it's tantalising to wonder what he might have done with Lupin, but as that tumblr post points out, it sounds like it would have been a huge departure from the (mostly) jokey tone of Part III.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 164 Strategy and faith.

Monster Girl Doctor episode 9 A dragon’s suffering.

Lupin III: Voyage to Danger (Special) A special that has some quirks like a disgraced Zenigata joining Lupin’s crew as they get tied up in a plot to steal a submarine with various territories wanting a piece. Like with Babylon one or two characters looked a bit different but this time it suited them more-especially Fujiko 3.5/5

Lupin III: Dragon of Doom (Special)
A more Goemon-centric storyline which is nice to see, putting him at odds with his friends for the sake of a treasure precious to his Clan. 3.5/5

Lupin III: The Last Job (Special)
Another more “out there” storyline featuring ninjas, mystical crystals and a Shiba possessing a vendetta against Lupin. It was decent fun and being in 4:3 lent it that classic feel, despite being made in 2010. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Back